Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Blue Heaven sounds so generic it might be true….maybe ‘Blue Heaven Baby’ a wonderful lazy title for Lana. 

at the same time, hey blue baby & baby blue love both exist so maybe we’re onto something… :coffee:

WGe8ynS.gif

i don’t think the trend of including old era’s songs on new albums is going to end soon honestly, and with that said, which older songs do you think might possibly end up on LDR9? honestly i really think Fine China will probably end up on an album eventually, and I don’t think a re-recording of Pawn Shop Blues is off the table either

Loved You Then and Now or Crazy for You… As long as we didn’t hear them before, especially if the album is « short » (12 tracks or less). If it’s a longer album, one or two previously leaked songs, if they fit, could be ok. 

22 minutes ago, zombie girl said:

i don’t think the trend of including old era’s songs on new albums is going to end soon honestly, and with that said, which older songs do you think might possibly end up on LDR9? honestly i really think Fine China will probably end up on an album eventually, and I don’t think a re-recording of Pawn Shop Blues is off the table either

20 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Like I said in another thread, if we must have old material (preferably re-recorded), then:

- Tired of Singing the Blues

- Yes to Heaven

& Possibly something from "Sirens" or one of the demo EPs as a closing track, simple, sirenic, arpeggios

yes to all of these. also Your Girl and A Star For Nick deserve a spot.

i think we have to remember and be grateful for how insanely prolific Lana is.  starting with Born to Die, she's dropped 8 albums in 10 years, not even counting the unreleased shit thats been leaked, various features and extras, etc.  A normal artist makes you wait at least 2 or 3 years between albums.  Fiona Apple makes us wait 6 years between an album.  Lana barely makes us wait one.  I'm still waiting on a new Kate Bush record since 2011.  we're well and truly spoiled, but i still hope the album surprise releases this year :P

Tbh forever grateful for the fact she drops albums all the time. 

I really want something to scream over tbh. 

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

1 hour ago, zombie girl said:

Hopefully Disco reworked with "I am my only God" title :coffee:

When we eat this bread

And drink this cup

We proclaim your ban Darla

Until you scat spam again

Lustforlife has died

Lustforlofe has risen

Lustforlife will come again

(I feel October vibes. Think Mother Mary haunted house making out at the state fair with a bad boy whose a little bit older but a whole lot bolder. Clove cigarettes bc you’re too fucking pretentious for your own good and it’s 2007. Those are the vibes on the horizon. Can’t say when or if its even this era. But its coming

Erchomai

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Now hear me out (what else ya gonna do anyway since this thread is dry asf lmaoooo) If LDR9 were to take country direction, I wouldn’t object to a song like (or an exact cover of) Fruits of My Labor by Lucinda Williams. This song is a gorgeous, truly beautiful country/folky gem with a really nice melody and vocal delivery. Again, hear me out because there are so many parallels to the song and its references that tie back to LDR. 

Spoiler

My long winded theory and the similarities to LDR’s lyrics and recent rural America adventures are broken down by lyrical sections:

Baby, see how I been living
Velvet curtains on the windows to
Keep the bright and unforgiving
Light from shining through

Spoiler

Honestly these lines really served:

LDRW1.jpg

And

LDRW2.jpg

Baby, I remember all the things we did
When we slept together
In the blue behind your eyelids
Baby, sweet baby

Spoiler

Does it get any more LDR than blue? :agree: The song’s vibe and lyrics here really reminded me of TJF, longing for her lover to come back to her place, to not be afraid of her love. 

Traced your scent through the gloom
'Til I found these purple flowers
I was spent, I was soon
Smelling you for hours

Lavender, lotus blossoms too
Water the dirt, flowers last for you, baby
Sweet baby

Tangerines and persimmons
And sugarcane
Grapes and honeydew melon
Enough fit for a queen

Lemon trees don't make a sound
'Til branches bend and fruit falls to the ground, baby
Sweet baby

Spoiler

Lyrically the visual, floral, and citrus references are so on point with LDR. Purple flowers? Perhaps reminiscent of Violet. Lavender, cherry blossoms. Clementines Tangerines and persimmons. Everything you do is elusive to your honeydew. :oprah:

Come to my wolrd and witness
The way things have changed
'Cause I finally did it, baby
I got out of La Grange

Got my Mercury and drove out west
Pedal to the metal and my luck to the test, baby
Sweet baby

Spoiler

These lines almost gave me Lizzy vibes, as in she was in a trailer park following her passion but she finally got out and made something of herself. She too made the move out west :justride2: and is in beautiful Los Angeles. And yet, despite making it big, in some ways it feels like she’s still on that same road - this time in a more literal sense as she spends time in rural America around Texas and Oklahoma searching for a simpler life. More on that in the next spoiler

I been tryin' to enjoy
All the fruits of my labor

I been cryin' for you, boy
But truth is my savior

Baby, sweet baby
If it's all the same
Take the glory any day over the fame
Baby, sweet baby

Spoiler

Thematically the line “take the glory any day over the fame” feels like is so Lana as of late. She makes references to the simpler times of being a waitress in White Dress, and on top of that she has lyrics like “I’m not gonna change, I’ll stay the same” on DBJAG regarding fame. As a result, she’s enjoying the fruits of her labor by spending all of her time with friends and family and just living her life :true:

20 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Her 1998 Instagram posts…absolutely dead over this look and feel, and praying everyday for a full-on angry grunge album from Lana :legend:

I came to this thread to say I now want a song called "1998" with a 90s feel to it please. Same vibes as White Dress but different genre. :legend:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

In October, just after she closed her official sm accounts, she started posting photos from her childhood as Honeymoon after a break of more than three years. And now again significant photos from her youth. Is this a sign, perhaps the closing of a circle?