Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Lana looking for Grammy winners to support her new album

giphy.gif

now we have Jack, Jon Batiste and maybe Taylor on board :sass:  ( :oprah2: )

She's collecting Grammy winners like Thanos collecting infinity stones

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

9 hours ago, NikoGo said:

Omg watch the album be called “Late Nights” and it’s coming in 10 days!!!

DNC found in a ditch 

I'm not sure about that. "Late Nights" as an album title is so far away from Lana's style. We need more elegant and ethereal name for LDR10:wink:

1 minute ago, Lentilus said:

So is this thread name gonna become LDR10? :awkney:

Only if we include violets with her albums (but we don’t) :teehee:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Idk what to think, I mean it IS beautiful but from that snippet sounds exactly like something off BB/NFR

but it’s just still just a 10 second snippet so it’s hard to judge 

either way I’m excited 

sounds very pretty and i will gobble up anything lana gives us like the greedy little stan i am but yeah this snippet did not excite me at all :bebe:

Spoiler

it's strange bc sirens is one of my fave lana albums so clearly im not opposed to something stripped back at all, video games is my fave lana song etc etc, but idk how much more of the same i can really get excited over :(

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Can’t say i’m impressed by the progression of the snippet but its unfair to judge it without having the whole track. i’m thinking this could be an intro and the song to change tempo or it could be the ending of the track as a more stripped back. 

Let’s all manifest the album title to be LDRX, the serve 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

3 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

Sounds like we‘re in for another whining over a muffled piano album. I‘m SICK OF IT.

Yeah. I know we’ve only heard a short snippet and I really want to like it, but it just sounds so dull to me. Really hope the song has some sort of a build up or beat change but people hoped the same for BB and Arcadia and well... Honestly a country album would be more interesting at this point. 

im excited, i just hope we'll get more sophisticated production than BB. Daddy Nowels piano ballads >>>>>> Drew Erickson

6 minutes ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

Remember when a lot of people thought California was going to be a generic piano ballad when we heard the snippet? 

so it’s too early to tell :oprah3:

? did it turn out to not be a generic ballad?

image.png

27 minutes ago, Ultradealerence said:

Can’t say i’m impressed by the progression of the snippet but its unfair to judge it without having the whole track. i’m thinking this could be an intro and the song to change tempo or it could be the ending of the track as a more stripped back. 

Let’s all manifest the album title to be LDRX, the serve 

I agree. Sounds very same-y but I wouldn’t underestimate Lana’s ability to win me over over time even with the most “basic” or “not-so-adventurous” tracks. It has happened before (Cherry Blossom, for instance).

I just wish she didn’t just rely on a piano when her voice is suited for so many different types of instrumentation (saxophone, violins, guitars, etc).

IMG-7960.jpg

19 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

im excited, i just hope we'll get more sophisticated production than BB. Daddy Nowels piano ballads >>>>>> Drew Erickson

? did it turn out to not be a generic ballad?

? did rick nowels not produce/co-produce tracks on bb? :oprah3:

Just now, Wait For Life said:

? did rick nowels not produce/co-produce tracks on bb?

he's only got writing & production credits on Cherry Blossom. But the Cherry Blossom sessions leaked and it's essentially just Barrie playing the piano, so I guess that's only a courtesy credit and he had no hand in actually producing the thing.

image.png

26 minutes ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

Remember when a lot of people thought California was going to be a generic piano ballad when we heard the snippet? 

so it’s too early to tell :oprah3:

all of her post nfr snippets ended up being just that tho: generic piano ballads (aside from Buddy’s Rendezvous which is a career highlight idc) 

yes it’s too early to tell and maybe this time’s gonna be different but we’ve all expected beats/switch ups after the bb snippet, the WFWF snippet, the arcadia snippet, the watercolored mess snippet… yet we know how that went :toofloppy: