Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

Whatever the style of the new album is, I just hope it is cohesive. 
I like to listen to the entire Lana album at a stretch which makes NFR and Honeymoon my top 2. 
Blue Banisters have amazing songs that sound brilliant individually but somehow they don’t go together in an album which is why I think BB is not appreciated much. 

agreed. i have tried time n time again to sit down with bb and listen the whole way through but, at the end of the day, its just not cohesive which makes it far less enjoyable than her other albums. 

i need a SOUND… a SIGNATURE

43 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Also someone said that the snippet is not meant to excite us, the definition of the Stockholm syndrome

ouch that hurt:scoff: I really want this album to have different sound than others. A man can only dream

5 minutes ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

I’ve had the extended inteo to WM from the 2018 LA to the moon tour stuck in my head all day. I don’t know what it means maybe its an omen. Perhaps she reused the melody?

Wait, this one?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Honestly, I do have a feeling this will be in the vain of WFWF and Arcadia - it’s the sonic direction she’s been heading for a few years now. Not my first choice but always appreciate more music from her. Would love something FIREY from her though, I don’t need a UV2 (well, I do) but something that goes OFF would be amazing 

6 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

praying to god we dont get another “beautiful” situation…. :headache: i dont think ive ever disliked a song from her more. 

manifesting no skips!! :party:

Precisely! I think Beautiful is my least favorite Lana song of all time. 

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, Pretty On The Indide said:

Yep 

It does actually sound similar but just in a higher key in her snippet. Mark my words!

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

3 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Love this snippet but CRAVING nfr deep rich vocals. Also can someone remind me when jack teased bombastic songs 

"And it's because in the period that we were first working together, it was like three things happened. There were these songs that we just called the "Norman" songs, because they just have this very distinct feeling to them. There were these even more quiet songs happening, and then there were these really bombastic songs, which didn't really fit anywhere....The songs that lived in a more quiet place, that was the bedrock for "Chemtrails." We did way more work, but she always has this thing of having the next album going before the one that's finished, and that was the case."

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/12/17/jack-antonoff-producer-taylor-swift-lorde-lana-del-rey-clairo/8943681002/

Count on LB to overanalyze a 10-sec snippet that was recorded from a phone, through a sound system in studio :omfg2:

at least it’s better than Chuck’s story where Bartender was playing faintly in the background and we couldn’t hear a damn thing because she was talking (people were hearing « I get down and I pray » instead of « when at last, the day is done, I grab my keys », it’s how bad and low fi it was :godlaugh2:)

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

It's wild to me that some people can hear this snippet and complain about piano and her voice lmao. It's only a few seconds and already obvious that it's going to be stunning and fresh.

it's wild to me that some people come to LanaBoards to talk about Lana's material in any way they please

8 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

Sounds like we‘re in for another whining over a muffled piano album. I‘m SICK OF IT.

then delete your acct babes 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif