Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

Sounds like we‘re in for another whining over a muffled piano album. I‘m SICK OF IT.

good, suffer

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

11 minutes ago, West Coast said:

it's wild to me that some people come to LanaBoards to talk about Lana's material in any way they please

You're more than welcome to talk about Lana's material in any way that you please. Doesn't change the fact that it's wild to me that people complain about the same things over and over and criticize the music and direction of the album even with a snippet as gorgeous as intriguing as this one :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

You're more than welcome to talk about Lana's material in any way that you please. Doesn't change the fact that it's wild to me that people complain about the same things over and over and criticize the music and direction of the album even with a snippet as gorgeous as intriguing as this one :oprah3:

Never even said I hated this snippet, just said people can talk about whatever Lana Del Rey related thought they want, it's not an echo chamber it's a discussion forum, sir. Music is subjective, but it's not the first time we go through this discussion. :oprah3:

2 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

Somebody should make a separate thread for people to complain about this 10 second snippet, take your negativity elsewhere please!

It's a foregone conclusion to assume that scrolling past posts is too hard 

Just now, West Coast said:

Never even said I hated this snippet, just said people can talk about whatever Lana Del Rey related thought they want, it's not an echo chamber it's a discussiok forum, sir. Music is subjective, but it's not the first time we go through this discussion. :oprah3:

Agreed, people can complain all they want it's a discussion forum, but the rest of us are also able to roll our eyes and comment on it :ma:

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Agreed, people can complain all they want it's a discussion forum, but the rest of us are also able to roll our eyes and comment on it :ma:

well then do that and let people be disappointed/cautiously excited in peace :ma:

Ya'll need to understand that discussions work when two sides have different opinions, otherwise it just becomes an echo chamber of praise which doesn't evoke much into the conversation. Let people like it, let people hate it. You're not going to evaporate into mist if someone doesn't kiss Lana's ass

tenor.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

If people are a little apprehensive about the **new** snippet, it may be because both the full HIAB and BB songs actually went in fairly different directions from what could be gleaned by the snippets—especially HIAB. 

I don’t feel apprehensive, because, while I disliked the final HIAB, for example, I somewhat disliked the ‘Arcadia’ snippet, but ended up loving the song 100%. 

I can’t say I am responding in a huge way to the new very short snippet, but, finally, it’s something, and it’s something NEW, and it means LDR9 is on the horizon!!!  

I cannot wait to hear more. 

Just now, Flowerbomb said:

Ya'll need to understand that discussions work when two sides have different opinions, otherwise it just becomes an echo chamber of praise which doesn't evoke much into the conversation. Let people like it, let people hate it. You're not going to evaporate into mist if someone doesn't kiss Lana's ass

tenor.gif

Nicely put.