Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

It's just personally crazy to me why a certain user is still here if they haven't liked an album in almost ten years, and i'm allowed to express that too :coffee:

No one said you have to kiss her ass and worship everything she does, but like said above, why waste so much of your time and energy on music you dislike so much?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, your dealer said:

I’m truly living for this thread right now. The arguing. The opinions. THE DRAMA. AND ALL IT MEANS IS THAT LANA IS COMING AT ANY MOMENT AND I COULDNT BE HAPPIER. 

:illumilana2: exactly

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

It's...a muffled 8-second snippet, lol. The material is just not there for us to jump into any sort of conclusions about the mood, progressions, style, vocals, overall sound and lyrical content of that specific song, not to mention the entire album. I'm just happy that she seems excited about the record and her collaboration with Batiste. 

hmm, anyways…

i’m just so ready to buy an umbrella to be my whole personality 3 months after release and to just walk through the streets with it opened above my head while the pouring rain is almost ripping it off and me screaming “can I love you, babyyyyy?” 

WE NEED A WINTER ALBUM

0YnL0Kf.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

we should direct our anger towards whoever is hoarding the queen of the gas station music video instead :oprah3:

Exactly :true: Use your rage for results! 

imageproxy.jpg

Lana is going to randomly drop the album on streaming while we're clawing each other's eyes out over the same stupid discussion we've been having since Honeymoon, and we wouldn't even notice :eek2:

3 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m wondering if I should or shouldn’t put my input / thoughts on piano again… I get the piano only trope might have been a tad too much after each of her album had at least one or a couple.

i think she’ll add other prod to the piano melody, which is often the core of the song. 

the best way to enter a new Lana era is to let go of expectations. I was let a bit let down at first by COCC because of my expectations / what I wanted it to sound like. BB was already « better » on first listen because I had less expectations (or I had let them go after the three singles).

even back in May/ June, I wanted « sexy summer escapism with retro vibes » from her and, well, her W interview wasn’t hinting at that, so Beyoncé and Broken Bells satisfied my hunger with what I wanted. Anyways, I’m just curious for this record and can’t wait to hear what it sounds like, but if any jazz undertones are there / old Hollywood vibes, I’ll probably be sold. 

So wise. Yes—leave expectations behind. We should I think, want (WANT!)  Lana to do something completely different and fully, genuinely creative. Personally, I don’t think we’ve seen that since VB, though I loved most of COCC and BB.  

Coming into this thread after literally anything happens feels like this

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bqdfm1px7tjf6t5xiaqw

imageproxy.jpg

Love the new snippet. It reminds me of NFR songs the most, when she shared a million snippets beforehand and I was super ready for her gorgeous piano album. The melody, the lyrics, it’s definitely giving NFR, though I will say lyrically it reminds me of her earlier stuff as well, when she was just saying pretty words together to conjure imagery and a sense of time and place. 

Just now, honeymoon is alive said:

ok let's talk about this taekwondo guy lana started following, martial arts era is coming :oprah4:

in the music video for white dress, she was rollerskating, in the music video for “rockefeller”, she’ll be doing kung fu! :wink:

2007: no kung fu :judgingu:

2022: KUNG FU!!!! :scream:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

3 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Coming into this thread after literally anything happens feels like this

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bqdfm1px7tjf6t5xiaqw

even when things don't happen it feels like this!

Am I the only one banning myself from listening to the snippet until further notice so I don't spoil the full exp for myself like every other time :crai: