Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

the girls are fighting, must mean LDR9/10 is really coming on the first :popcorn:

A double album with 22 songs, 11 produced by Jack and 11 produced by Rick/Drew :coffee:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

Maybe because the so called ballads on Blue Banisters were actually done right and had they come to out before NFR/Chemtrails we wouldn't even be having that conversation right now? Jack alienated the fans with his shitty piano shtick and terrible mixing skills. 

you must be kidding me right you guys act like lana is held on hostage by him

27 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

I maybe wrong but in the picture Jack posted Lana has highlights in the lower part of her hair which is similar to the sexy af selfie Lana posted a year ago. 

in the last few posts on Honeymoon she doesn’t seem to have highlights in her hair.

Maybe Jack posted a throwback picture since album release might be coming soon. 

I don’t know how to add pictures in Lanaboards otherwise I could’ve explained better 

this actually makes a lot of sense but it could just be the hair dye fading too

omg you guys are acting like jack is the spawn of satan. he’s a really great producer, and I don’t blame lana for working with him again. The music industry is a very disturbing place, especially for women. Some producers can seem totally respectful, but in reality, they’re creeps. If she wants to keep working with him, good. 

this is my personal opinion but tbh, I’m glad lana is using more piano, pedal steel guitar, and more instruments that aren’t made using a computer. I loved born to die, but her albums that aren’t so pop-ish like blue banisters, chemtrails, and uv had a larger impact on me than btd.

I just knew when I saw that jack post there would be some delicious discourse on this thread. Anyways, can’t believe Blue Banisters came out less than a year ago and we’re already getting new music soon. We’re so spoiled, it’s truly incredible how Lana’s brain never stops and her pen never dries. Manifesting a honeymoon post by the end of this week :true:

faSE.gif

39 minutes ago, brandon said:

see discussions like this are so interesting 

cuz to me, the ballads on BB (that were actually made for BB) are some of the blandest of her career 😭

like if jack knows how to do one thing, it’s a melody 

I agree. Beautiful and Violets for Roses are some of her most forgettable songs ever, and I say this as a huge Blue Banisters fan.

6 minutes ago, Ultradealerence said:

cinnamon girl is the shit and rick could never. looking forward for the cinnamon girl/tjf track 5 of the new alboom 

both of those tracks are one off magical moments on their respective albums and theres not One other song on those albums that sound similar. if we got a whole album of tracks that had that vibe i would be GAGGED but thats never been the case. 

If I'm being honest, I think BB is far better than NFR and COCC. Yeah okay we got a old songs on it, but overall the quality has been better than ever. With NFR, especially during Cinnamon Girl, the mixing was SO bad like the volume is just so up and down. I hope for LDR9 we get the same mixing we got on BB. As for Jack, he's okay but I wish Lana would find more producers to experiment with

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

My question for the culture: Can we please get to a point where we can acknowledge we don’t prefer something without derailing someone’s unrelated conversation and then acting like a victim of censorship when one’s subjective hate for something is met with backlash—particularly when the hate is misdirected to the individual who is essentially doing what they’re told?

Anyways, god bless the “ignore” feature, and I’m so excited for her next project. Lana looked ecstatic in that recent photo, and it reminded me of the NFR-era photos where she was always so enthusiastic about her music online. She really must be cooking up something special. 

I’m still unsure if Jon Batiste is related to this country music Lana hopes we’ll enjoy or if this is something separate, but I’m loving the change of pace :)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

''I love Jack’s work, and those Lana [Del Rey] records in particular – like some of my favourite stuff.''

The 1975 praise producer Jack Antonoff for his work on their new album (nme.com)

---

The magnitude of the impact that NFR (and Chemtrails, to a smaller degree) had on the industry is insane. Too bad no one can match the chemistry Jack has with Lana. :oic2: 

1 hour ago, Crys10 said:

I maybe wrong but in the picture Jack posted Lana has highlights in the lower part of her hair which is similar to the sexy af selfie Lana posted a year ago. 

in the last few posts on Honeymoon she doesn’t seem to have highlights in her hair.

Maybe Jack posted a throwback picture since album release might be coming soon. 

I don’t know how to add pictures in Lanaboards otherwise I could’ve explained better 

She has had lighter tips for a while now but they are more reddish lately so not as blonde and defined as in the Jack pic so I think you are onto something :brows:

The only thing that bugs me is that her hair looks sooo long but maybe it's just the pose cause she's leaning forward :um2: 

Edit: I just realized what picture you were talking about and the highlights started higher (just like in the Jack picture) and her hair was also very long at that point... :hype: you're definetly right (unless she had her hair done recently)

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

you must be kidding me right you guys act like lana is held on hostage by him

it's called Stockholm syndrome

5 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

Oh no did i miss the jack slander ? :monica:

the way it wasn't even Jack slander, as far as I'm concerned it was just a friendly reminder that this is a discussion board and that some people have a propensity to tell others what not to post. :eek2: