Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Unpopular opinion but Goodbye Kiss is probably my favourite cover of hers, i'd love to hear it on the album or something similar.

I kinda liked the trend of having the album close with a cover song

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She should cover "wildflowers" by Tom Petty

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I had a dream that she released a visual album with 17 tracks + music videos :xcry: like a surprise release.

Why is it so good in the dreams?????

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

6 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

two diff charts! 

the one you linked is a weekly chart that goes off of how many streams an artist gets

but the one where she’s #98 (which u can see by scrolling to the bottom of her spotify page) updates daily and is based off how many different  People are streaming her music per month 

LANA DEL REY X

Grammy awarded album by Elizabeth G

called "DNC"

1.Waist deep in icy waves 

2.DNC 

3.Plastic Bag

4.Peach Fuzz

5.Stars Align 

6.Late Nights 

7.Honeymoon….From Hell

On 8/26/2022 at 10:54 AM, Pale Fire said:

i feel like in the past she has chosen absolutely perfect covers for her albums though, normally that really add something special to it and really capture the overall vibe of the record perfectly. Like the other woman on UV especially, But thinking about it now, DLMBM and doin time are perfect on HM and NFR. Just really add to the vibe of the record and emphasise it, in a way that an additional track of her own wouldn’t have been able to do as well

pov: imagine a world without ''for free'' closing cocc 

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

On 8/26/2022 at 1:03 PM, Venice Peach said:

There's also some wave/ocean references in the DNC logo, the Neil picture and the emoji he used 🌊(assuming it's Lana related) so maybe it's a mix of both? 

Neil's style (when doing landscapes and not portraits) is very otherworldly so it would match very well the space aesthetics.

Maybe she's doing something similar to LFL but instead of going the futuristic route she's incorporating natural elements to the cosmic theme :um2:

By the way I just realized he liked (and unliked) another comment asking if it was about DNC so... :crazy: 

It would be unlikely that his finger slipped two times exactly on those two Lana related comments :true:

Lana del rey love | Lana del rey love, Lana del rey, Lana del

so.. we're getting this?

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

7 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

Lana del rey love | Lana del rey love, Lana del rey, Lana del

so.. we're getting this?

Yes exactly!!! But I expect (more like hopeful thinking) less pretty and more violent. And without the cars and futuristic cities. The space theme kinda started with the album trailer but died with the Love MV :hide: so I hope she fully embraces it in the future if it's not for this record.

There were some cosmic elements on FIILY/TG too so maybe it's more of a Rich Lee thing than Lana's tho :um2:

giphy.gif

i do get very watery vibes from the psychic vibes in the ether surrounding the new record. large bodies of water, with many complex creatures in them, plant and animal, living and dead, nice and not...  cold, ice cold.  pockets of warmth, where the sun shines through.  deciphering ancient conflicts and contentions, allowing the subconscious to speak freely without intervention or filter.  coming to new understandings by working through old areas of toxicity and pain that heretofore was too difficult to acknowledge, but now the ability to face has come.

May today's New Moon bring New News regarding the New Album.  October 14th be upon us soon enough

I'm on the fence about her officially-released covers, and leaning against them. Generally, I don't think they're her forte. She generally doesn't seem terribly inspired when doing them, and I consider DLMBM one of her very worst officially-released tracks. 'Season of the Witch' was ho-hum, and so was 'Blue Velvet,' during a period when she was attempting to get David Lynch's attention (and succeeded). 'For Free' would have been better had she sang it alone, left the lyrics alone, and not added the happy little fillip, which undercuts the entire point of the song. 

She did do a good job with 'Summertime.' 

So I'd rather have more Lana originals and no covers, unless it's the 'American Standards' album, which of course will be all covers. 

20 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Generally, I don't think they're her forte. She generally doesn't seem terribly inspired when doing them, and I consider DLMBM one of her very worst officially-released tracks. 'Season of the Witch' was ho-hum, and so was 'Blue Velvet' 

:deadbanana:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible