Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 hours ago, imenos said:

3 singers you would want lana to collab with for this album

mine :

-camila cabello

-taylor swift

-marina

charlotte gainsbourg (something like deadly valentine ughhh!)

nick cave

rufus wainwright for a jazzy song abt... dads

mUENGN9.png

13 hours ago, imenos said:

mine :

-camila cabello

-taylor swift

-marina

tamino

saint vincent

barrie james 

On 8/28/2022 at 5:45 PM, jamesss said:

GUYS NEW INSIDER UPDATE ON LDR9

ALBUM INTRO FIRST TRACK IS A 11 MINUTE ACAPELLA COVER OF SLUT POP BY KIM PETRAS 

Hide contents

ALBUM FEATURES NIKKI LANE COLLAB IN 20/22 SONGS

Manifestation Works

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

3 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

let this be a december album.... such a special month 

I would actually really want that too! I love December and if she releases a December album that whole month would become absolutely brilliant for me. 

11 minutes ago, sansafuckingstark said:

Jack just posted stories in the studio captioned “hell on earth”. Maybe it has something to do with his “honeymoon from hell” comment from the other day and those guitars are indeed for LDR9/10?

I like how Jack experiments with new music, hoping it's for Lana's album!

15 minutes ago, sansafuckingstark said:

Jack just posted stories in the studio captioned “hell on earth”. Maybe it has something to do with his “honeymoon from hell” comment from the other day and those guitars are indeed for LDR9/10?

Was literally about to say the same thing!! 

20 minutes ago, sansafuckingstark said:

This is exactly what I thought when I saw his stories! :creepna:

I kinda love these spooky ambient sounds. Kinda perfect for LDR9's icy oceanic spacey feel. :true:

16 hours ago, Dreamboy said:

Okay, so... I saw this on FB and I don't know what insider this infos came, but according to the post I saw we can expect A LOT of good things from LDR9:

Reveal hidden contents

1- There was a first batch of 3 songs that was mastered in March, a second in May with seven and a third in June with only two (12 songs so far, so probably the album isn't finished yet. According to his manager, he confirmed that it is almost ready.

2- At the artist of the decade awards event promoted by Variety, Lana was dressed in a jacket with a symbol containing the initials DNC. According to the insider, it's the acronym for a song that was on the first batch of songs. Contains guitar, surf drums, cello/violins, flutes, intro piano and vocal layers with deep, high vocals. Recently, Neil Kruger, photographer and close friend of Lana's, posted an image with the caption “see you in September”; the image published by him is very similar to Del Norte Coast (or County). The singer liked the post and the photographer liked a comment that referred to Lana, implying that the project (DNC?) is about her.

3- There is a song called “When The Stars Align” (excerpt from one of the highlights from Instagram account @honeymoon) which is the most boppish song in years. It's about having fun and mentions the kindness of strangers and amazing people she's met in her life.

4- The song that mentions plastic bags and little extrapolated intentions (described by Lana in the interview for W Magazine) can be the title track and is 6 minutes long. Contains orchestra, oboe, harp, guitar, piano, spatial synthesizers and bridge percussion. The bridge's vocals are very sensual and reminiscent of Stargirl interlude.

5- Apparently, there is no collaboration so far.

6- Producer Rick Nowels is back and has done additional production on some songs. Anyone who knows him knows that he loves working on the arrangement and the instrumental.

7- The new album is very atmospheric; cold space and ocean vibrations. It is said as strange, but there are those who prefer the term 'new', but in a good way to hear.

8- There is a song about her late grandmother. It's heartbreaking and one of the saddest on the album. Also mentions her deceased cousin.

9- For those who hate piano, maybe this is a good point. According to the insider, it has a lot of orchestra as is characteristic of Drew's work, but the piano appears in the background, not as a main instrument, except for one or two songs.

10- 'Waist Deep In Icy Waves' is a song from the album whose sound is similar to 'Swan Song'.

11- There is an unreleased on the album that was produced by Jack Antonoff.

12- For those who love the famous unreleased 'Yes to Heaven', this might be good news: The track was reworked once again, but it was scrapped, put on the album and scrapped again. So maybe she'll change her mind again and put it on the album.

13- The title “Red Dress” was replaced in the song. She really wanted to play a colorless album. The bridge was changed and became longer. It has a 40-second finale with violins, piano and spatial sound effects.

14- If this album was the son of previous albums already released, NFR! would be his mother and Honeymoon would be his father.

The fact this (even if it’s fake) sounds more reliable than other fake infos:omfg2:

------

GUYS

It was case in more recognisable artist (not Lana) when many tea leaked before album release/preorder and everyone thought it was fake but turned to be real? Am I trippin' or this happened in reality?

31 minutes ago, itsybitzylizzy said:

Imagine a hell themed album with angry lyrics, electric guitars and soaring vocals :flutter:

I wonder if Yes To Heaven was really reworked as "Heavenly Hell" and finally made it onto an album.

16 hours ago, imenos said:

mine :

-camila cabello

-taylor swift

-marina

- nobody

- nobody

- nobody

A dream come true :wub:

...I'd accept Barrie though

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

17 hours ago, imenos said:

mine :

-camila cabello

-taylor swift

-marina

I would really die for some Arctic Monkeys colab. I feel like they all are more mature in the sound right now in some jazzy vibe. If not on LDRX then I hope we could hear Lana on their album in October :wub: 

Also I just know Barrie and/or FJM would suits her the best feeding us with another masterpiece.

I'm not a fan of her colabs with other girls. It always sounds like kind of voice battle for me 💀