Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’m sorry but no way this is counting as her 10th album. Lana could Tattoo it across her forehead and I’m still calling it the 9th. Violets isn’t a musical album it’s a spoken poetry.  Not even Lana can decide this it’s just facts. 

this is like saying rap albums do not count as real albums because it is not singing. spoken word is just another genre. plenty of older artists have spoken word poetry albums too. i do not see the issue with counting it amongst her other albums even if you do not personally like the genre. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

57 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

She never officially released that it was shelved. Was never sold. 

aka was released on iTunes, that's how we have it. it was pulled from digital retailers like 3 months after release and physicals never shipped, but it still released and was still an album. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 hours ago, i talk to jesus said:

this is like saying rap albums do not count as real albums because it is not singing. spoken word is just another genre. plenty of older artists have spoken word poetry albums too. i do not see the issue with counting it amongst her other albums even if you do not personally like the genre. 

doesn't count to me cause it's not on spotify so i can't really listen to it the same as all her other albums :true:

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

5 hours ago, sexyslutboy said:

doesn't count to me cause it's not on spotify so i can't really listen to it the same as all her other albums :true:

whether or not an album is on streaming services means nothing. in various countries paradise is not on streaming services but most of you count that one. lots of artists have random albums not on streaming services. some artists are not even on streaming services. are none of their albums real?

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

2 hours ago, honey dew said:

I would love another rich lee music video, I feel like he is the neil krug of music videos which is to say a perfect visual match to Lana's music 

She did say she was going to work with him for an album trailer... but this was back in December so who knows if it's still happening...

This plus the DNC thing is kinda weird... like she had so much apparently planned ahead and the album was (I guess) still early in development :um2:

But well we know Lana and her ever changing mind so we'll have to wait and see what she blesses us with this time :silly:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, honey dew said:

I would love another rich lee music video, I feel like he is the neil krug of music videos which is to say a perfect visual match to Lana's music 

This is immensely disrespectful towards Nicole Godland :uncomfortable:

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

She did say she was going to work with him for an album trailer... but this was back in December so who knows if it's still happening...

This plus the DNC thing is kinda weird... like she had so much apparently planned ahead and the album was (I guess) still early in development :um2:

But well we know Lana and her ever changing mind so we'll have to wait and see what she blesses us with this time :silly:

I kinda hope that DNC is another « Love » situation, where it was decided very early on that it would be the lead. I almost can’t believe she’d scrap DNC if she considered doing merchandise with it (I know it’s Lana we’re talking about here and anything can happen lol)

7 hours ago, sexyslutboy said:

I don't really like this take because I go to music stores around me, like local record shops, and I find Violet on vinyl and on cd, despite it being spoken word. They even have a spoken word section in the records and cds and they still place Violet along with Lana's traditional albums. It has background music, Lana counts it, so it counts :sass:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

41 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I like her shoots and her work with Lana is iconic but she needs to chill with the photoshop :shh2:

That’s Gareth Pritchard’s fault :shutup:

http://garethpritchard.co.uk/ldr-gold

10 hours ago, sexyslutboy said:

It is on spotify, it's in the Podcasts section

29 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Did we even talk about that here? :thumb3:

Not that I'm aware of... and I read this thread daily :hide:

Like why do the still use LB as a source when there's literally only one insider here (and a couple of Hmz-like hoarders) :judgingu3:

We're no ATRL I'm afraid

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, DCooper said:

It is on spotify, it's in the Podcasts section

Yeah, but only because someone uploaded it as a podcast (like people tend to do with unreleased songs)

it’s not officially released on spotify by lanz