Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

33 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

He doesn't have anything about Lana yet... maybe her team got better at keeping things secret or maybe the album info is still not registered anywhere that could be accessed by insiders (like label stuff or distribution services). 

what about Eclipse?

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

I just need a single even if she won’t release anything else for next 6 months so I just know if the album is worth waiting for or it’s just another microwaved version of NFR 

NFR was good though, I would love some more leftovers from it.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, baddisease said:

NFR was good though, I would love some more leftovers from it.

Yeah we already got leftovers from it and theyre called COCC

we need something new and fresh NO MATTER how great her previous albums were 

i think Violets For Roses / Beautiful are like the epitome of “Jack leftovers”. These songs are so excruciatingly boring and drag the whole album down. This is the only type of music i cam imagine Jack making for Lana anymore. Librarian Café ass jingles and the literal driest and most shallow mixing ever  :oprah3: That is why I am #ANTiJACK

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

i think Violets For Roses / Beautiful are like the epitome of “Jack leftovers”. These songs are so excruciatingly boring and drag the whole album down. This is the only type of music i cam imagine Jack making for Lana anymore. Librarian Café ass jingles and the literal driest and most shallow mixing ever  :oprah3: That is why I am #ANTiJACK

...jack doesnt even have credits on these songs

image.png

reminder

https://eu.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/12/17/jack-antonoff-producer-taylor-swift-lorde-lana-del-rey-clairo/8943681002/

Lana and I met, and similar to what I was describing with Claire, we kind of had this magic and pretty quickly had written and recorded, what was almost the entirety of "Norman Rockwell" (her previous album) and many other songs. A lot of of things ended up on "Chemtrails," and a lot of things haven't been released. And it's because in the period that we were first working together, it was like three things happened. There were these songs that we just called the "Norman" songs, because they just have this very distinct feeling to them. There were these even more quiet songs happening, and then there were these really bombastic songs, which didn't really fit anywhere....The songs that lived in a more quiet place, that was the bedrock for "Chemtrails." We did way more work, but she always has this thing of having the next album going before the one that's finished, and that was the case.

i have nothing against jack tbh lana just needs to let him do what he does best (which is copying dev hynes and replicating the same synth he stole from robyn over and over again) but for whatever reason she seems very passionate about doing this boring, uncooked and unseasoned type of song lately, even when jack is not present 

With most evidence pointing toward LDR9 being a country record, I’m really curious what her spin on it will be. 

Of course, it’s likely going to have a strong vintage feel, but I wonder if she’s going to continue the trend of wanting to strip back the initial production for authenticity or if she’ll have a consistent but unique production flair running throughout (or both?). 

I mean, take NFR! for example: it was permeated with the influence of Joni Mitchell’s discography and other significant artists of the time, but there was also this blending of electronic, sometimes psychedelic elements with the folky undertones.

Could we be getting a country record with an unexpected twist? I mean, despite it being an outlier sonically, Interlude - The Trio just shows that she’s fully willing and enjoys experimenting with different genres (not to mention her Migos collaboration wish and alleged reaching out to Kali Uchis).

It might even explain why Jon Batiste was in the studio…unless of course it’s for LDR10:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

15 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

With most evidence pointing toward LDR9 being a country record, I’m really curious what her spin on it will be.

Apart from Lana mentioning country music once in a random Instagram story there is no evidence for it. Or am I forgetting something?

The snippet and what Lana said in the interview didn't sound like country to me.

10 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Apart from Lana mentioning country music once in a random Instagram story there is no evidence for it. Or am I forgetting something?

The snippet and what Lana said in the interview didn't sound like country to me.

Well, excluding her saying she hopes we like country, she performed a new country track with Lane not too long ago. Also, Lane did an interview about the two collaborating on new stuff, so yeah!

Then again, Lana’s idea of country may be a bit different than most would think (especially considering her comparisons of the genre to Video Games and Ride). Also, regarding the snippet, we really have no idea if that’s the final sound of the track, and she’s put Change and Summer Bummer on the same record, so who knows!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Probably not the first one, but this hit me at the night: 

He used to call me DN
That stood for Deadly Nightshade
'Cause I was filled with poison