Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

17 minutes ago, honey dew said:

just think of what we could accomplish in this thread if people from the queen elizabeth thread put all that energy into calling more producers' personal phone numbers, catfishing jon batiste, etcetera

lets harass bens dm's for the fourth era in a row

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

3 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:

https://lanadelreystore.com/ is down for me, idk if its only for me tho

I'm hoping and praying its getting updated for the next era

That's not the real page (maybe it was at some point I don't remember) but at least since Chemtrails her store is shoplanadelrey.com (and it redirects you to one on your region from there)

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

That's not the real page (maybe it was at some point I don't remember) but at least since Chemtrails her store is shoplanadelrey.com (and it redirects you to one on your region from there)

Yes, this. The store is still up and active. No updating… yet. Hopefully we get a site/store update SOON!

53 minutes ago, tulsa jesus twink said:

https://lanadelreystore.com/ is down for me, idk if its only for me tho

I'm hoping and praying its getting updated for the next era

that hasnt been in use since LDR village opened. its her old US merch store

they just stopped paying for the domain

image.png

I respect everyone's right to their own taste and opinion. 'Violets For Roses' is one of my all-time favorite songs by Lana. The subtlety of the "a-has" to drive the melody home towards the end--about 3:41--is amazing, and something only Lana (or early Tori Amos) could do. 

I agree with those who said "Jack had nothing to do with it"--meaning 'VFR'--we know from 'BPBP,' 'White Mustang' and 'Change,' among other pre-JA tracks, that Lana has been writing simple, '70s-Carly-Simon-like songs, sometimes with minimalist production for a while. This goes way back--'Old Money,' another of all my all-time Lana songs, was very simple in structure and melody.

I agree that JA may have brought, or seems to have brought, a certain amount of blandness and/or obviousness to Lana's music, but for me, 'VFR' isn't an example of that. And for me, whatever 'NFR!' leftovers made COCC were better than most of NFR!, an album I'm not a great fan of.  

Lana has said she "grew up in a Carly Simon household" with a suggestion of disapproval, but she's middle-aged now and what we find on LDR9 may reflect that (or not), just as Carly Simon and Joni Mitchell were entering middle age in their latter 70s work (Mitchell was 33 at the time of 'Hejira,' and even has a 1981 song that begins, "Caught in the middle, Carol, we're middle class, we're middle-aged..."). 

I'd love to see Lana take command and do something really powerful, energetic, and blistering, like 'Serene Queen,' on LDR9, but we don't know where her head is at right now and we may never see that side of her again (though the JA 'bombastic' tracks seem to a suggest otherwise).  

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

I respect everyone's right to their own taste and opinion. 'Violets For Roses' is one of my all-time favorite songs by Lana. The subtlety of the "a-has" to drive the melody home towards the end--about 3:41--is amazing, and something only Lana (or early Tori Amos) could do. 

I agree with those who said "Jack had nothing to do with it"--meaning 'VFR'--we know from 'BPBP,' 'White Mustang' and 'Change,' among other pre-JA tracks, that Lana has been writing simple, '70s-Carly-Simon-like songs, sometimes with minimalist production for a while. This goes way back--'Old Money,' another of all my all-time Lana songs, was very simple in structure and melody.

I agree that JA may have brought, or seems to have brought, a certain amount of blandness and/or obviousness to Lana's music, but for me, 'VFR' isn't an example of that. And for me, whatever 'NFR!' leftovers made COCC were better than most of NFR!, an album I'm not a great fan of.  

Lana has said she "grew up in a Carly Simon household" with a suggestion of disapproval, but she's middle-aged now and what we find on LDR9 may reflect that (or not), just as Carly Simon and Joni Mitchell were entering middle age in their latter 70s work (Mitchell was 35 in even has a 1981 song that begins, "Caught in the middle, Carol, we're middle class, we're middle-aged..."). 

I'd love to see Lana take command and do something really powerful, energetic, and blistering, like 'Serene Queen,' on LDR9, but we don't know where her head is at right now and we may never see that side of her again (though the JA 'bombastic' tracks seem to a suggest otherwise).  

YOU'RE SO TASTEFUL, i agree with every single word you said

3 hours ago, Vertimus said:

Exactly!! I really love this song and it sounds like classic Lana to me. I've been waiting for something like this since Honeymoon :toofunny:

VFR and Buddy's Randezvous made me realize that she's still got the jazzy orchestral spirit in her soul and I would love to hear more. It's the closest we can get to Paradise-UV-Honeymoon era which I personally love :wub: