Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

23 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

he called tjf bombastic/fire too and yet :rip:

Wait when did he say that??

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, bluedealer said:

Exactly!! I really love this song and it sounds like classic Lana to me. I've been waiting for something like this since Honeymoon :toofunny:

VFR and Buddy's Randezvous made me realize that she's still got the jazzy orchestral spirit in her soul and I would love to hear more. It's the closest we can get to Paradise-UV-Honeymoon era which I personally love :wub:

As I said upon its release, to me, 'VFR' is the big sister of 'America.' I love Lana partially because she addresses all aspects of life, like all great artists and songwriters, not just the upbeat, happy side and not just the sad, downbeat side--she covers it all. 'VFR' is, I think, a very genuine expression of post-COVID release and sense of freedom again, as well as a beautiful expression of new personal strength and ability to adapt and move on. As an amateur horticulturist, I love the plant references and lines like "Larchmont Village smells like lilies of the valley."

I agree--the 'jazzy spirit" is still within her and it will be interesting to see how she develops it.  

By the way, if JA did say 'TJF' was bombastic, that I would disagree with. 

When he said BOMBASTIC, i understood finally

the dots are connecting

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

3 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

u know what... he might be right about that one 

Do we know if that’s even legit? I’ve searched the word alongside the song names & have found nothing:um2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Do we know if that’s even legit? I’ve searched the word alongside the song names & have found nothing:um2:

legit or not tjf remains the best track on COCC, she's that girl :makeup:

9 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

tjf is insaneeeee don’t embarrass yourself 

oh no I completely agree! It’s one of my favorites on COCC! I just wasn’t sure where Jack allegedly calling it bombastic came from! :)

Sylvia Plath 

honestly i think jack’s ballads are by far her best—the melodies and chord structures on all of the ballads he’s worked on (besides maybe Love Song, sorry :rip:) are very beautiful and carefully crafted, it feels like every note was considered and thought about. the only ballads that i have had somewhat of a distaste to are a few of the ones on blue banisters unfortunately, like Violets for Roses. there’s nothing wrong with piano ballads, i absolutely love them, but in my opinion there has to be some sort of interesting element or interesting chord or interesting melodic choice to make it feel fresh and like something you haven’t heard before. just singing along to a standard V - vi - iii progression with no other elements but voice and piano feels familiar, and not necessarily in a good way. i hope that for LDR9 lana does work with some less cut-and-dried piano players honestly, people who aren’t afraid to add some weird voicing or something under the melodies that she brings in. just my opinion though <3

2 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Wait when did he say that??

in a tweet iirc

53 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

tjf is insaneeeee don’t embarrass yourself 

an insane letdown maybe :agree:

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

considering the couple pages i've read i'm assuming there hasn't been any notable news since i last logged on donatella.gif

you’re back!!!!!!!! :hype:

but yes, all we really know is Ian Walsh(?) might be involved, Jack posted another photo of Lana, and she said she hopes we like country. 

other than that…not too much, and even the things I listed are up for debate lol

Sylvia Plath 

3 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

he called tjf bombastic/fire too and yet :rip:

BizSULV.jpg

I’m guessing it was just a mixup with the interview about the unheard tracks he cooked up with Lana—he’s never mentioned anything about TJF being “fire” or “bombastic” as far as I can tell. 

He actually referred to the COCC songs as quiet, so maybe there really are some more lively ones we haven’t even heard yet! Time will tell, maybe lol

Sylvia Plath 

55 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

BizSULV.jpg

I’m guessing it was just a mixup with the interview about the unheard tracks he cooked up with Lana—he’s never mentioned anything about TJF being “fire” or “bombastic” as far as I can tell. 

He actually referred to the COCC songs as quiet, so maybe there really are some more lively ones we haven’t even heard yet! Time will tell, maybe lol

the passive aggressiveness :rip:

he said it in an insta story then idk but he most definitely called it fire 

1 minute ago, Writer In The Dark said:

You just made it up in your head

Sure girl 

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

the passive aggressiveness :rip:

My intent wasn’t to be passive-aggressive, but you’re always welcome to clarify any perceived, indirect hostility before assuming so via accusation. 

I just wanted to double-check the accuracy of your claim (particularly now with the changing source—nothing personal to you or your character) to get a better idea of what Jack’s concept of “bombastic” is because I’m excited about the new record and the prospect of unheard, lively songs making an appearance soon.

Sylvia Plath