Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, TheDollClub said:

I can confirm that Lana’s next album will be called Del Norte County. I can not reveal my sources but what I can say is that the album will have around 13 songs. The album is mostly finished, there’s still some adjustments left, but I don’t think she will release it this or next month. Here are some of the songs that an insider has said will be on the album. 

Del Norte County - It’s a country song mixed with pop elements, very similar to Tulsa and Yosemite. 

The Rain - This is the song that Lana teased in her Honeymoon post on Instagram. It’s such a Ultraviolence song with heavy guitars in the chours. It’s a bit repetative though. 

Crypto Crashing - The best song on the album. Sounds very similar to Chemtrails. In the song she talk more about the family drama through out her life. 

Watercolor Eyes - 1 out of 3 songs written for the album and sent to Euphoria, she really loves this song and wanted it on the album. 

Far From Me - This is actually a re-worked version of Yes to Heaven with the same music but different lyrics. Kind of like the Best American Record chours on NFR. 

Uncanny - This song is unlike anything we’ve heard so far. It’s a very experimental song mixing elements of EDM, pop, and jazz. 

Nueva - A very country sounding song about her growing up. Reminds me of a Lizzy Grant song. This is also one of the 3 songs that was sent to Euphoria. 

Long Nails on Your Back - This song sounds like it could be on Honeymoon. It has that glamour from Salvatore and that sexiness from Music to Watch Boys To. 

the biggest thing throwing me off abt this is the mix of EDM, pop, and jazz 🫠 that makes literally no sense

1 hour ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

What if she makes an album based on people’s usernames here?

Imagine a song called Dead Sea Of Mercury, Or The Ocean, Eartha’s Clit, Honeybadger, Surf Noir…

:pray2:

excited for ldr10’s lead single, “Elle”! :true:

sUcVobB.png

i can do the insider thing too

Spoiler

Album as a whole is a mix of jazz and country elements, sort of reminiscent of If You Lie Down with Me, Black Bathing Suit, and Not All Who Wander Are Lost. There is a lot of piano, a lot of horns, and a lot of acoustic guitar in most of the songs. Lana still wants to do a digital drop, but the label shut the idea down because vinyl is such a large part of her sales. They’re compromising and are talking about refraining from releasing any singles because Lana wants the album to be listened to as a whole. Vinyl manufacturing is going to delay the album until mid-February, but announcement and preorders will go up the first week of the new year.

The first song is called “Gone Are the Days”, produced by Drew Erickson and recorded in April of this year. It starts very similarly to BTD, NFR, and Honeymoon with a string overture at the beginning. It is one of the shortest songs, but spoken word turns into screaming reminiscent to Dealer. Lana worked with Antonoff for two of the tracks, “Midnight Junkie Dancing Queen” (which is this album’s Off to the Races/Brooklyn Baby/High By the Beach/Cherry/Cinnamon Girl/Tulsa Jesus Freak/Black Bathing Suit), and “Hey Blue Baby”, which is mostly just acoustic guitar but has backing vocals from Jack and Nikki Lane. “My Father Told Me If I Went Slowly, I’d Be Safe - But He Was Wrong” is supposed to be on Behind the Iron Gates, but the book is taking longer than expected. She really likes that poem and it is on the album as an interlude. Some other songs are “Snow Over San Francisco”, “Huntington”, and “Dirty Laundry”. My personal favorite is track 9, “Ballerina”, produced by Zach Dawes. Lana’s second longest song to date clocking in at 7:06, it is the lovechild of Salvatore and Thunder. “Loved You Then and Now” made the final track list too, and I think many people will be excited to hear that “Pawn Shop Blues” has been re-recorded and is the final song as well.

i actually had a blast making all of that up no wonder everyone comes on here just to pull stuff out of their ass

hey guys i just contacted lana telepathically and she said the new record is called Deadly Nightshade and it's heavily inspired by bjork and it has a lfl outtake on it

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

excited for ldr10’s lead single, “Elle”! :true:

reese-witherspoon-as-elle-woods-2-154929

The vinyl will be a glittery pink x

(I also just watched this movie earlier tonight, so it’s a sign…)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

What if she makes an album based on people’s usernames here?

Imagine a song called Dead Sea Of Mercury, Or The Ocean, Eartha’s Clit, Honeybadger, Surf Noir…

:pray2:

lana already has a song called The Ocean :oopna:

45 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

@Deadly Nightshade GORL THIS IS YOUR MOMENT :trisha:

OMG THIS HAS TO BE TRUE :kum: 

the album cover will be her holding a white guitar with the DN symbols on it 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

7 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

the biggest thing throwing me off abt this is the mix of EDM, pop, and jazz 🫠 that makes literally no sense

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes.