Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I went ahead and split posts speculating about Lana Del Rey having a feature on Taylor Swift's upcoming record into its own thread since this doesn't necessarily pertain to LDR9, and gives the topic its own area for discussion :) 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Beauty Queen said:

The fact that this has been Lana's biggest streaming year ever, she's had a song in Euphoria, and is now potentially working with Taylor makes me hope that this era will be more mainstream.

I really like this idea, and it also makes me reminisce on how grand the releases of LFL and NFR felt to me—especially with the lovely album trailers:flutter:

Then again, imagine it’s just her team’s way of getting a bunch of streams to “green-light” a more lowkey, obscure project that wouldn’t be as well-received commercially by the public…like for country or conversational, automatic singing:oopna:  (btw I’m 100% supportive of either of these options—just offering another possibility lol)

That being said, Blue Banisters was subtle in its release, so I wouldn’t be shocked (especially with Dua’s departure) that her management wants something that feels more grand and engaging for her audience. 

I’d be equally happy with any of the routes, but regardless of the path she chooses for LDR9, I do hope she returns in a unique, unexpected way! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I just want to say how clear her high register sounds in the Rockefeller snippet. I liked the raw breathy vocals on WD and SC but I missed this style. And it's a recording of a recording with a phone... imagine the actual thing :shock:

I don't know if she had a different approach this time or it's just that the vocals were treated differently tho :um2:

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I just want to say how clear her high register sounds in the Rockefeller snippet. I liked the raw breathy vocals on WD and SC but I missed this style. And it's a recording of a recording with a phone... imagine the actual thing :shock:

Omg I thought the exact same! It reminded me of Watercolor Eyes a bit but more vocally solid(?) and with more clarity like you mentioned. 

I honestly think that song is going to be a stunner. The piano beneath the vocal melody makes the track feel uneasy, almost (in a good way).  

Even though it sounds like she’s saying, “God, I love you, baby,” in the snippet, the delivery feels oddly dark and less affectionate than what the lyrics suggest. All I know is that it’s been playing in my head constantly:krylie: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

6 hours ago, geidiprimes said:

if lana goes mainstream again i want her to collab w playboi carti

May I direct you to summer bummer 

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

8 hours ago, Aberdeen Beauty Queen said:

The fact that this has been Lana's biggest streaming year ever, she's had a song in Euphoria, and is now potentially working with Taylor makes me hope that this era will be more mainstream.

No matter what direction she takes with this album, I think we all want something a big bigger with this one. But I must say that if the album doesn’t go in a more mainstream road, I won’t mind because she is not releasing in summer like we thought she would. 
If the Taylor collab is true,

maybe it’s another DCMA situation: it was good for a hit while letting her more leverage with her vision for NFR 🤷🏼 

4 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I dreamed last night that the album was surprisingly released next Friday without any announcement, along with two singles, once the rain song, and then a real bop :grinds: that was played on the radio.

A few more details I remember: the release was after or during a bigger music event (maybe awards), but Lana wasn't invited. So everyone was focused on that event, and then she came up with this surprise. I caught the release very early in the morning when I turned on the radio, the news was discussed on a morning show.

5 hours ago, aly said:

May I direct you to summer bummer 

ʷʰᵃᵗ? wₕₐₜ? ʷʰᵃᵗ? wₕₐₜ? ʷʰᵃᵗ? wₕₐₜ? ʷʰᵃᵗ? wₕₐₜ?
ʸᵘᵖ! yᵤₚ! ʷʰᵃᵗ? wₕₐₜ? ʷʰᵃᵗ? wₕₐₜ? ʷʰᵃᵗ? wₕₐₜ?

whatarecoloris.jpg

I had my first LDR9 dream last night. Lana released her first single and it was piano only played by Rob, but it was really upbeat and I remember thinking “I never thought she’d release a song like this again”. She reused the “one for the money two for the show” lyric and she was singing really fast, almost in OTTR fashion. 

I don’t know what this means, but I’m using it as a sign something is happening soon

"Don’t forget me"

The LDR village site keeps sending emails about sales and saying something new is coming? Wonder if it means anything 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

5 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

The LDR village site keeps sending emails about sales and saying something new is coming? Wonder if it means anything 

2 village emails in one week with 40% off tho - they are trying to clear inventory FAST. New merch next week means album announce next week :true: