Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

21 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Il’ say it again, but it feels to me like this album might not be done yet because it needed a hit, just like HBTB was added in the end to have a single that was more « radio-friendly »

Maybe it's the price she has to "pay" for having 2 lowkey albums back to back... like I get she has full creative control but Interscope is a big label so I'm sure they want a bigger era this time (at least in terms of promotion cause a lot of people didn't even know BB was coming at that time :thumb2:

Maybe her streaming numbers being huge makes them more confident in whatever she wants to release... or maybe they'll want to maximize profit and see how high Lana can really go with proper promo and something a bit more upbeat or radio friendly :um2:

I wish I could read Lana's contract to see how much they can influence her output 

giphy.gif

I think most people lose interest in Lana's album releases due to the fact that she announces them (or mentions them) long before they're even finished. Look at Taylor, she announced an album that she already had ready and fans will only have to wait a month to hear it, as for us... at least we have health

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I think most people lose interest in Lana's album releases due to the fact that she announces them (or mentions them) long before they're even finished. Look at Taylor, she announced an album that she already had ready and fans will only have to wait a month to hear it, as for us... at least we have health

health and rockefeller my umbrella 

cjRjPWT.gif          QODlvVl.gif.     

2 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I agree but they have very different approaches to their art and how they release albums. 

For Taylor everything has to be calculated and announced at the right time for the shock value and hype it generates. Lana on the other hand just makes music for the sake of it and releases/announces it as soon as she's allowed to. I don't think she even has a the concept of an "era" in her mind anymore when starting an album cycle.

For example all the snippets in the NFR weren't (in my opinion of course) a way of creating hype or promoting the music to come but more of a general "look at what I recorded and I'm proud of".

When she said she wanted to release a surprise album at some point I don't think she meant it as a way of shocking people either but more of a way to freely release anything she wanted without all the promo and stuff related to an album release.

I don't think any of their ways are right or wrong tho, just very different approaches to music as a career :true:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

But that's also kind of boring. Fans get the album with only a little advance speculation and that's it, Taylor barely posts anything. We can be glad that there is speculation about snippets, collaborations, producers and the mysterious three letter title from the beginning to have the greatest possible anticipation for the album.

This is my first post on here but I thought it was important to share that last night I had a dream that Lana did a surprise LDR9 drop and the opening track started as a classical opera song and then half way through had a beat drop and then she started rapping. When I woke up I had a to check on spotify to see if it was real LMAO

i woke up from a Lana dream

songs called “You Need More” (or something like that) and “Screeching Lich” ??

the first one she kept singing “you want whaaaat? Mooooore, you need whaaaaat? Mooreeee”

and the second one was a music video on a really grand yacht like some type of titanic vibes

and We had come across like 10 new songs but it was from a leak? From like a weird short film taking place on this yacht that Lana had helped to direct and come up with the soundtrack for

absolutely no clue what the fuck screeching lich is about tho

very odd ! 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

1 hour ago, Pale Fire said:

i woke up from a Lana dream

songs called “You Need More” (or something like that) and “Screeching Lich” ??

the first one she kept singing “you want whaaaat? Mooooore, you need whaaaaat? Mooreeee”

This kinda reminds me of Art Deco:krylie:

Cause you want more  why ? You want more why ?  You want more why?  Cause you want more 

In conclusion,  this needs to happen. Art Deco's sister is coming:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I really hope we get another interview  when the era/ roll out starts/ around the time the album drops where she talks more about the process of making this album. I mean she kinda did that in the W magazine interview but I need to hear more about the process of the album & working with Jon Batiste & the Ian guy. Also still wondering if her trips , especially the Italy one, inspired her.

We know the album is about to get finished but except  that snippet & the Ian story she's been so quiet about this album ( Except the W magazine interview but that was months ago). 

I wonder if she shot a music video or the album cover yet or if she wants to wait till the album is completly finished to shoot these things.

I would be here for that if that means we get an announcement closer to the release date & getting a proper smooth era but ngl I really want to hear a song from the album very soon.

This album feels like such a big mystery & I just need more infos:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Also my inner delulu might show up again but I feel like she kinda wants to fool us. She mentioned orchestra,  Jack mentioned 808's  but yet she posted a snippet in which you can hear piano. There could be a few piano ballads for sure on the album & I feel like the first song will we hear from the album is going to be some type of a piano ballad because it's one of her favourite songs and maybe because a piano ballad is not that far away from the stuff she recently released ( it could already contain a hint on new elements on this album for sure though). But I have strong feeling we get a new sound/ new elements on this album that we will hear on the singles that will be released closer to the album or on release day while listening to the whole album.

Also I woke up with a strong feeling that something is coming in October,  that the album will be released in March or April , that a reworked version of Disco will be on the album ( like reworked with e- guitars ) & that there will at be least one bop on the album

Don't get me wrong I like the snippet & love the melody in it & I feel like there could be more than piano but still I am curious about the orchestra she mentioned in W magazine & what she is cooking up else on the album :nails:

Thanks for coming to my manic monday delulu talk:kiss:

OiUHEXQ.jpg