Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

As long as her sales stay consistent I really don’t think her label is going to put a lot of pressure on her to release a specific kind of song.

LMLYLAW and COTCC (two slower songs) were the only singles off Chemtrails before the album dropped, and that album still managed to break records when it comes to vinyl sales. 

in my opinion, the only thing the label is going to do is make sure physicals are available when the album drops (so no surprise/digital only drop) because that’s basically all the income they get from Lana. She doesn’t tour, and no offense to her, but I can’t see her merch bringing in a whole lot of money 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Nova Times said:

i hope she just has random posters put up all around major cities randomly w the album cover title and date for us to see when the rollout actually starts

Yes please. The UV billboards and the Love posters were one of my favorite things ever as a Lana stan :icant:

I miss that kind of hype and teasing 

giphy.gif

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Yes please. The UV billboards and the Love posters were one of my favorite things ever as a Lana stan :icant:

I miss that kind of hype and teasing 

I love how carefree she’s always been. Meet me in the pale moonlight leaked and she went to twitter to randomly announce West Coast as the lead. And then the billboards with her smoking with the “down on the west coast” lyric tease. 

truly a moment. I hope they do something like that for this album 

"Don’t forget me"

Let me manifest this again:

I hope we'll get more livestream / 1-hour and longer interviews / talks from her, i miss her talking about her art, her life, her inspiration & her story.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

I wonder if she might be encouraged to go back to a btd type of sound after all the success she’s been seeing (and her label). There must be some sort of internal discussions. 

i just feel like we've been saying this saying sentiment since 2013 fjdsakjfslda and nothing has remotely compared to btd except a couple songs from LFL (in terms of the hip hop influences)

however, maybe u have a point considering they just released summertime sadness SPED UP! lmaooo but that's a direct result from tiktok

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

5 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Well, if the lead single of an album comes out in the next six months, « soon » was not a lie.

I don’t know about that. 6 months feels to me like a long enough time span, at least a bit too long for the use of a word like "soon". I would personally expect something coming in the next 3 months max. 

28 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Let me manifest this again:

I hope we'll get more livestream / 1-hour and longer interviews / talks from her, i miss her talking about her art, her life, her inspiration & her story.

Right I don’t feel connected to her anymore :( she does not have to be out here talking to us if she doesn’t want to but I do miss her giving her insights apart from her music, I always love when she settles and starts a livestream

she’s become stranger than a stranger:diva:

I do appreciate her detailing her mindset in the W interview though, but it was a bit short lol

6 hours ago, BlueINK said:

I don't think they meant that Lana needs to release something today. Nobody minds waiting if we get something really good. It's more like, if you tell us that something is coming "soon", then something should be coming soon (and that doesn't mean next year). If Lana's in the middle of working on an album, her managers should just refrain from posting about the album as if it's basically already done because it sets up false expectations.

I understand. But we all know how Lana is, constantly changing her mind and ideas. That's part of the fun of stanning her tbh. You never know what her next move is and it's exciting. Yes, we shouldn't be teased for no reason but let's really be patient and just stream one of the many masterpieces she has given us over the years. Chemtrails and BB still need some love.

6 hours ago, BlueINK said:

I don't think they meant that Lana needs to release something today. Nobody minds waiting if we get something really good. It's more like, if you tell us that something is coming "soon", then something should be coming soon (and that doesn't mean next year). If Lana's in the middle of working on an album, her managers should just refrain from posting about the album as if it's basically already done because it sets up false expectations.

You should probably focus on something else, this is ridiculous.

like we all know it's not coming soon ben can say that 100 times everyday and we know it's a lie guys let's just expect things for ther next year because it's what's realistic

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

maybe we should just redirect all of this anger towards whoever’s still hoarding crazy for you :oprah3:

ben is being truthful when he says new music soon because he plans on leaking crazy for you later today :oprah3:

sUcVobB.png

After Ben said “new music soon” and “new music incoming” on June 4th followed by nothing I realized how truly useless Ben’s word is :thumb2:

I think we could still get maybe a single this year (Maybe October like LYLYLAW or November) and the album early/mid next year, but that’s as far as my delusion is going.

"Don’t forget me"

I remember before the internet and smartphones when you had to guess if your favorite artist was in the studio or even going to make another album anytime soon. Music magazines would sometimes get vague updates, timelines, or release dates—and that was it. Very little hand-wringing in that era. 

At least I see a little progress:

September 27: beautiful 9th album coming soon 🚀♥️
   August 18: New album nearing completion ….🚀🤩
     June  4: new music incoming 🚀
      May 18: New music in the works 🎙 ❤️

At least we know an album exists in some form :bebe:

By the way we still have no updates about the ldrvillage thing right? It's been a couple of weeks already but I think it was too soon of an announcement if it was related to BTD Paradise anniversary :um2:

Do we usually get merch with the lead single? I know there's some LMLYLAW items but I can't remember if they came with the song or with the album... I don't usually pay attention to merch :wtf3:

giphy.gif