Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, TrashMagiq said:

Another pre-release era of manifesting Roses Bloom For You on the tracklist :smokes: 4th time’s a charm! 

MANIFESTING

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

they just hate "Picasso" in Beautiful

To me, it’s one of her many quirky lyrics that feel weird at first but only her can pull off and fit the song in the end, like the iPad line in Hope, the crustacean 🦞 thing on Quiet Waiter - Blue Forever, stranger than a stranger in Freak. It’s so her. 

36 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

I don't understand the sudden disapproval of Erickson? His compositions are masterful. If anyone is responsible for the weaker Blue Banisters cuts (Beautiful, Violets for Roses) is Lana herself. He does a great job and I'm super excited for this new record.

I also don't think this will be another "Chemtrails over the Blue Banisters", as I have been reading on social media. I feel like this new one and Norman will sandwich Chem and Blue. I always see those records are just little projects, although they are some of my favorite work of hers.

He is an okay producer. The main problems with Beautiful and Arcadia were the mixing which I believe he worked on. I don’t think he has ever been a main producer for any other artist, so it’s hard to judge his work outside of Lana. He hasn’t really brought out anything new in Lana sonically speaking, but I do agree that part of that is on her as well. Willing to give him a chance because Arcadia and Sweet Carolina are really good songs though. 

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I quite like the strings version of Beautiful, does anyone know why they changed it for the digital / CD release? More orchestral sound is what I want from Drew on LDR9.

My guess: she says she wants to keep it simple in the song and it means to her that it’s piano-only?!? 
agree that I want more orchestra!!

OKAY GUYS. This is crazy but look at how many Honeymoon era-related clues she has been dropping since the "pre-pre release" phase: The Father John Misty reunion, the "Buddy's Rendezvous" song with jazzy 'honeymoon' sound, serving contant "honeymoon" looks, the trip to Italy, "honeymoon" era glam,  her singing "God Knows I Tried" in that Ultra MV church (which was used to tease the theme of "honeymoon" ever back then with her being "the bride"), her mentioning of "Swan Song" in latest W mag interview, etc.

And the craziest part is...?

She decided to do this since the beginning - This might be the reason she USED THE @HONEYMOON ACCOUNT SINCE LAST YEAR until now. This is all her plan all along - the dots are connecting. :wowcry:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Not to rehash people’s qualms with leaked songs being on records, but the W Mag shoot is, like, a perfect visual embodiment of what a finalized, polished version of Fine China would sound like

🖤🤍

Fine China deserves to be officially released at some point, even if it’s just a standalone single. It’s Yes to Heaven I really don’t care for at this point. 

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:

OKAY GUYS. This is crazy but look at how many Honeymoon era-related stuff we have been getting since the "pre-pre release" phase: The Father John Misty reunion, the "Buddy Rendezvous" song with jazzy 'honeymoon' sound, the "honeymoon" looks, the trip to Italy to her singing "God Knows I Tried" in that Ultra MV church (which was used to tease the theme of "honeymoon" ever back then with her being "the bride"), her mentioning "Swan Song" in W mag interview, her getting "honeymoon" glam, etc.

And the craziest part is...?

She decided to do this since the beginning - She USED THE @HONEYMOON ACCOUNT SINCE LAST YEAR until now. This is all her plan all along - the dots are connecting. :wowcry:

:oprah:

Everytime I listen to the NFR title track with my headphones, the drop into the chorus literally makes me feel like I'm falling, I love that feeling so much. I'm hoping there's more lush instrumentation like that because it's gorgeous and would match the photoshoot's vibe a lot imo  

sgopYhV.gif

By using the @honeymoon account from the beginning before all this madness & that D.N.C look at Variety Decade Award - this era is simply a mix between Honeymoon & NFR!!!

It's the GLAM x BADDIE era !!!

4 hours ago, momoquack said:

I NEED an album that sounds like buddy's rendezvous

yes ik its a cover

PLEASE.

I know the song is originally meant to represent a dialogue between an ex-convict and his estranged daughter but if you pay attention to the lyrics a lot of them can be applied to Lana as if she was conversing with a younger, innocent version of herself. The way that ties beautifully with her own journey of repurposing of her past and history to a background of a soothing, deeply nostalgic jazz instrumentation is just… *chef kiss*

I’m so excited for the multitude of possibilities we have ahead of ourselves. 10+ years into the game, on the verge of releasing her NINTH studio album as LDR, she still manages to be as riveting and trailblazing as she was back when she released Video Games.

THIS IS AN ARTIST Y’ALL.

:xcry:

IMG-7960.jpg

23 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Not to rehash people’s qualms with leaked songs being on records, but the W Mag shoot is, like, a perfect visual embodiment of what a finalized, polished version of Fine China would sound like

🖤🤍

WAIT you spilled. She really looks like a widow who was ready to be a mother/ a wife - and the glam as well

Now it's also giving me Yes to Heaven, since i believe Fine China and Yes to Heaven should go hand in hand.

I'm actually intrigued if these 2 make their way to the finalised tracklist

19 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

Everytime I listen to the NFR title track with my headphones, the drop into the chorus literally makes me feel like I'm falling, I love that feeling so much. I'm hoping there's more lush instrumentation like that because it's gorgeous and would match the photoshoot's vibe a lot imo  

Say what you want about Jack Antonoff but he helped NFR go from a collection of songs to a full blown sonic universe. It’s incredibly cohesive even when certain songs like Doin Time come to play. The atmosphere of that album is lush, rich and incredibly nostalgic while complimenting the lyricism (which is otherworldly). That’s why it’s one of the greatest albums ever made.

COCC is far more modest and restrained but it’s yet again incredibly cohesive and puts you in a very specific, hypnotic mood as if you were contemplating your own reflection in a bonfire.

I’d hate to underestimate the magic Lana and Jack can create. 

IMG-7960.jpg