Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

maybe she should take a two year break.

giphy.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Nova Times said:

I demand her shit be returned 2boY9En.gif

same, i can't imagine what it must feel like for Lana.

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i didn't even know lil xan was still a thing honestly

he is!

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

We know she tries different ways and styles of singing. I think it's just more of that. I prefer the smoky voice she used on some of the 'Paradise' tracks. 

In the (distant) past, some famous female vocalists did their best work before they were told they really didn't know how to sing 'properly,' or 'correctly,' at all, and afterwards they attempted a very mannered style, empty of all energy and verve, and their careers took a huge dive.

Ann Wilson of Heart is the most prominent example--you hear her bluesy, natural voice on 'Magic Man,' 'Crazy on You,' 'Sing, Child, Sing' and on all of the tracks on the first Heart album way back when, when her voice was magnificent, a force of nature, and you hear it on most of 'Little Queen' and 'Magazine' too. Then came 'Dog & Butterfly,' and her voice is very controlled and static. And that was the beginning of the end of that band. Wilson went from becoming a potential rock legend to a nothing almost overnight, and Heart ended up, a decade later, really by that time only 'Heart' in name only, churning out shlock pop.  

Linda Ronstadt said the same thing about her famous 70s work: "I didn't know how to sing at all then, I later realized." And when she apparently did learn to sing, her career became 'middle of the road' music, some of which was excellent. 

Especially in rock, post-rock, and a lot of alternative music, that primal vocal energy and confidence is everything

To some degree, Tori Amos also slowly abandoned her original beautiful vocal style, as on 'Black Swan,'  though I never heard her say she didn't know how to sing previously. 

I would like to hear Lana attempt a more naturalistic and free singing style, a la Amy Winehouse, though I know that isn't Lana's wheelhouse. 

Yeah I think Lana's more adventurous vocals (like on White Dress and Dealer recently) definitely stand out and I would love to have more songs like that on LDR9 lol

I don't know if Lana changed her style necessarily because she thought it was a better style of singing, but that would be interesting if that were the case. Or maybe its because NFR was the first time she really changed to that style and since it was so highly praised she's been trying to recreate that?

Idk but I do hope LDR9 has a more unique sound and vocals

Have you checked Lana's numbers on Spotify? Almost 37M monthly listeners and overall 53rd most listened singer in the world!

This would be such a perfect moment to release a new single... :defeated:

6 minutes ago, sweetcinnamondealer said:

Yeah I think Lana's more adventurous vocals (like on White Dress and Dealer recently) definitely stand out and I would love to have more songs like that on LDR9 lol

I don't know if Lana changed her style necessarily because she thought it was a better style of singing, but that would be interesting if that were the case. Or maybe its because NFR was the first time she really changed to that style and since it was so highly praised she's been trying to recreate that?

Idk but I do hope LDR9 has a more unique sound and vocals

I personally thought there was a big shift from her BTD/P vocals to UV.

We know she's had a lot of different singing styles over her entire career, going back to her pre-LDR eras, so everything we're seeing now, and have seen over the last 3-4 years, is probably just more of the same. She has her own reasons, about which we know little or nothing. Maybe she's seeking her 'authentic' voice, maybe not. If she is doing the Amertican classics covers album right now, she might be moving into something she feels is 'jazzier' or a little more retro. 

speaking of lana's vocal. Lana, PLEASE I BEG YOU to bring back the ''money power glory'' low register 

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Bartender is only recent song close to her Born To Die era singing. Oh Living Legend as well but that’s literally a song from that era lol.

I think living in the UK during BTD also affected her enunciation in a positive way. She had a country twang in AKA that was gone for a while (BTD-LFL), but it’s been coming back.

11 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

We know she's had a lot of different singing styles over her entire career, going back to her pre-LDR eras, so everything we're seeing now, and have seen over the last 3-4 years, is probably just more of the same. She has her own reasons, about which we know little or nothing. Maybe she's seeking her 'authentic' voice, maybe not. If she is doing the Amertican classics covers album right now, she might be moving into something she feels is 'jazzier' or a little more retro. 

Yeah, I remember hearing West Coast for the first time and thought that she was mumbling her words. It was a huge shift. Shades Of Cool as well.

8 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

That is true, I guess its hard to know whether she changed her vocals due to criticism (like after her SNL performance way back then) or if it was because she was looking for a new aesthetic or inspired by something new. Maybe it was a little bit of both lol

I knew of Lana back in 2012/2013 but I didn't really "discover" her until Lust for Life, so I don't really know what it was like back then but didn't she almost quit music after BTD/P?

If it was because of criticism then maybe that is what shifted her vocals.

Also meeting and working with Jack for NFR might have been what changed her vocals around that time. Back then it was a new sound for her, but not so much anymore.

Other people said she's been playing it safe and staying in her comfort zone with this sound and Jack and I agree. This isn't necessarily a bad thing either, but it does mean she is no longer changing her sound as much (which used to be her norm lol)

20 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

Have you checked Lana's numbers on Spotify? Almost 37M monthly listeners and overall 53rd most listened singer in the world!

This would be such a perfect moment to release a new single... :defeated:

Never fails to shock me Seriously so so impressive. See what happens when you don't chase trends and follow your intuition (for better or for worse) :rock:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Honestly, I’m fine with waiting until mid to late 2023 for this album. She spoiled us with NFR-COTCC-BB, but I wouldn’t mind a mini hiatus between BB and LDR9. Especially if it means having a more structured and proper rollout compared to the other three…(and she gets time to mourn and heal over the loss of her work). 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Miss Del Rey dont be shy, announce the LDR9 (fake) title pls :godlaugh:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I just want her to pull a Fiona Apple with this next album title, a wordy album deserves a wordy title attached to it!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

24 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Never fails to shock me Seriously so so impressive. See what happens when you don't chase trends and follow your intuition (for better or for worse) :rock:

Amen! :wub:

5 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

I just want her to pull a Fiona Apple with this next album title, a wordy album deserves a wordy title attached to it!

Spoiler

Lana-Del-Rey-Chemtrails-Over-the-Country