Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I want her to do a Q&A livestream for the album release.

I adore the Blue Banisters release day livestream so much, i literally watch it every day

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

This morning I had a dream that LDR9 fully leaked and we were all discussing it. I don’t remember anything besides hearing a country song…:headache:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I was thinking about this album & why she did the "W Magazine" article nearly 5 months ago - with basically nothing revealed since... 

then I remembered her 2020 Interview Magazine she did with the blonde hair/mask/kitten bathtub video and it was like 6 months before COTCC 

SO if we are being delusional, we are 5 months after the W Magazine article = one more month till LDR9? 

Interview Magazine (Sept 2020 --> COTCC March 2021)

W Magazine              (May 2022 --> LDR9.  November 2022) ? 🤡 

I just dont get the hype of doing a magazine with nothing planned unless W Mag was aching to get lana for some photos ? idk kinda odd 

Last time we saw Lana in the studio was end of August, they only recently finished the album. With the usual 4-6 months for vinyl production it means the album won't be out before January to March 2023. At least that's my prediction :agree:

25 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

I was thinking about this album & why she did the "W Magazine" article nearly 5 months ago - with basically nothing revealed since... 

then I remembered her 2020 Interview Magazine she did with the blonde hair/mask/kitten bathtub video and it was like 6 months before COTCC 

SO if we are being delusional, we are 5 months after the W Magazine article = one more month till LDR9? 

Interview Magazine (Sept 2020 --> COTCC March 2021)

W Magazine              (May 2022 --> LDR9.  November 2022) ? 🤡 

I just dont get the hype of doing a magazine with nothing planned unless W Mag was aching to get lana for some photos ? idk kinda odd 

makes sense, but the only question is that chemtrails was supposed to be released september 2020 too :eartha2:

What aesthetic do you want for the album? I wanted something similar to the W Magazine cause I thought we were getting a winter album but since it's probably coming in the Spring I kinda want something more colorful.

Chemtrails and BB were muted in color and have a winter/fall feeling to them (even tho Chemtrails was released just before the spring) :um2:

giphy.gif

lana is (usually) not very good at marketing almost intentionally .... at least recently (see: lmlylaw as cotcc's lead single rather than a more exciting song, homemade videos rather than big budget ones, her picsart covers again rather than very fancy big budget photoshoot ones, not super heavily promoting her albums or touring, deactivating her main social media accounts) 

so i honestly never expected her to re release BTD and i hardly expect her to drop LDR9 soon to take advantage of her current popularity, or that LDR9 will be super palatable to the general public – maybe she will release those things soon and i'll be surprised but i just don't see it

sUcVobB.png

Im still amazed this woman has a massive legacy whilst only debuting in 2011? CRAZY-she’s genuinely reaching legend status whilst doing bar none of the promo or appearance work to stay relevant as her peers. Give it another 5 years and she’ll be cited by all of the upcoming artists.

and all of this whilst making music that isn’t very commercial.

I've said this a million times but I love how we know nothing about the album. No title, no album cover, not even a song title... all we have is a short snippet that could go anywhere and some vague statements about the sound/theme.

It's so exciting :icant:

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I've said this a million times but I love how we know nothing about the album. No title, no album cover, not even a song title... all we have is a short snippet that could go anywhere and some vague statements about the sound/theme.

It's so exciting :icant:

It's both exciting and maddering 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey