Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I thought LDR9 was going to be somewhat similar to BB but since boz loved it that much it's probably going to be really different.

He did like WCE but I don't think he would go crazy for you a whole record with that vibe so it's safe to say that she's doing something new and wild :thirst:

:judgingu3::judgingu3::judgingu3:

im ready to put that allegedly delusional clown nose make up on critical-role-crit-role.gif

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I enjoy what dragonwhore brings to the site as it makes this thread far more bearable than when it’s people disputing which old album is better than the other, but I also acknowledge that everything they have shared with us has been pretty easy to guess. In that way I enjoy their contributions but don’t necessarily believe they have unknown info to share with us. 

Father John Misty has been a potential collab with Lana for a very long time. It’s the MOST obvious collab and after she was on his record why not? Nikki Lane not being on the album isn’t that surprising either. It’s an easy guess to make considering the odds are 50/50 but leaning towards her not being there. 

I’m not saying they aren’t  an insider and I’m not not saying they aren’t an insider either. There just isn’t enough info at this time to say either way. Until they spill something new that could not possibly be grasped from thin air (sound descriptions, track numbers, rollout plan hints) that eventually gets proven right (FJM collab doesn’t count because again it was easily guessable) I’ll just say I appreciate them being here but don’t think they have that much to spill. 

QFTC really hurt her career. COCC imagery didn't help either, and Blue Banisters was such a non-event for casual listeners. She really needs to do something different with this album and not just release a 13 track album filled with piano ballads. People were interested to see how she'd react to the backlash with Blue Banisters but this time around I don't think anyone is perched besides her fans. It's sad and I hope she can get back on track.

39 minutes ago, BrokenBoy said:

QFTC really hurt her career. COCC imagery didn't help either, and Blue Banisters was such a non-event for casual listeners. She really needs to do something different with this album and not just release a 13 track album filled with piano ballads. People were interested to see how she'd react to the backlash with Blue Banisters but this time around I don't think anyone is perched besides her fans. It's sad and I hope she can get back on track.

Her streams are insane and have been rising for months, her career is doing just fine and this album will be highly anticipated by all :oprah3: She's legendary, she will always be relevant at this point.

45 minutes ago, BrokenBoy said:

I feel like her career is overall going pretty well. Especially for how little she promotes herself. Taylor Swift, who is probably the most famous artist right now, just released a song with her. She was also frequently within the top 5 most streamed female artists before releasing the Taylor collab. I’m sure QFTC hurt her image on places like Twitter, but the lack of promotion and sound is what ended up hurting the success of COCC and BB. Dealer going semi viral on TikTok and still doing well on streaming till this day is a pretty good sign that people can still be interested in her newer releases. 

Just caught wind of the news that FJM will be on the album! That’s so amazing - a proper duet between them has been a long time coming. 

Given this news, I really would love for this album to be gauzy and jazzy, taking sonic direction from Buddy’s Rendezvous and having a bit of an Amy Winehouse and/or David Lynch influence :legend:

With all the talk of LDR9 being an angry, colourless, darker version of Honeymoon, I want this vibe: 

Anyone can start again

Not through love but through revenge 

Through the fire we’re born again

Peace by vengeance brings the end

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

4 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

Nov 14

Nov 23

Dec 3 

Those are the dates I got :smokes: Nov 23 was the strongest feeling

omg thank you I do feel like there's a pretty good chance one of this will be correct:creepna3:

Maybe for an album name or a release date or something :agree:

2 hours ago, BrokenBoy said:

nah, she really is a legend and survived qftc really well, even the artists she mentioned on the letter, like fka, were using her songs on tiktok, blue banisters songs were trends on tiktok too like sweet carolina and dealer. people love her and new fans discover her music everyday. she doesn't need to get back on track, she's on track like she has never been before and im sure anything she releases will be very much appreciated just like watercolor eyes was, even when a lot of people here didn't like how it sounded.

So far, we had:

Lana promoting really early 

scat attack

polemic (the whole computer thing)

rumors (fjm)

(maybe) snippet

The few things that are missing:

fake tracklists

fake dates to release the album

and…?

LDRX TRACKLIST

1. Who Am I To You?

2. Pelagic

3.  We Remembered

4.  Unlighted and Unfortunate

5. Dissipated Clarity

6. Vague Moment

7. Dreamless Wonder

8. Eyes Of A New

9. Verglas Blanket

10. The Littoral 

11. Across The Heartbeat

12. Wind Down Scars

13. Nightmare

Hi everyone, just popping in to remind you guys to not share snippets you suspect may be from the upcoming album.

As you all know, sharing links to snippets/leaks that are confirmed to be from an album results in a permanent ban, but since these snippets are unconfirmed and just suspected, I will just be handing out Warning Points & temporary moderator queues as a precautionary measure.

If you suspect something may be from the album, please do not post links to them. 

Thank you x

Also, just to share my take on these snippets, I saw these floating around a couple of days ago, originally being posted by someone who goes by the name of Trystmo. They also tried to pass them off as Lana snippets; however, it seems this person makes their own music that is reminiscent to Lana's. Here's a song they created that sounds very similar to the first suspected snippet in which the melody and overall sonic style sound similar. I have a feeling these snippets are fake because of this. (but again, even if you just suspect something may be from the record but don't have any confirmation, still don't share it just to be safe)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

6 hours ago, BrokenBoy said:

Isn’t she making the biggest streaming numbers of her career thus far? 

I would have agreed with you back in 2020 when it all happened but when she released Chemtrails and I saw that critics didn’t trash it/actually liked it quite a bit and the discourse around her wasn’t focused on the QFTC almost at all, I knew her career wasn’t as damaged as I thought it would be. She wouldn’t, otherwise, garner 1M+ streams per album (BTD, NFR, LFL, UV of course!) monthly if her brand was damaged.

If anything, disappearing from the public eye and deleting her old IG account restored part of the mysterious allure she had prior to the LFL days. I’ve heard casual Lana listeners say in conversation stuff like “what about Lana? is she releasing something?” and that made me think Blue Banisters being a non-event to non-stans actually works in her favor because casual listeners barely remember it and miss her music while she’s still getting money for it from the fanbase. 

Anyways, sorry for rambling but I find her position in the industry and how she operates to be truly fascinating. After all these years she still manages to walk the fine line between being decidedly anti-mainstream while remaining firmly in the public consciousness. A true legend!

IMG-7960.jpg

2 hours ago, Elle said:

Hi everyone, just popping in to remind you guys to not share snippets you suspect may be from the upcoming album.

As you all know, sharing links to snippets/leaks that are confirmed to be from an album results in a permanent ban, but since these snippets are unconfirmed and just suspected, I will just be handing out Warning Points & temporary moderator queues as a precautionary measure.

If you suspect something may be from the album, please do not post links to them. 

Thank you x

Also, just to share my take on these snippets, I saw these floating around a couple of days ago, originally being posted by someone who goes by the name of Trystmo. They also tried to pass them off as Lana snippets; however, it seems this person makes their own music that is reminiscent to Lana's. Here's a song they created that sounds very similar to the first suspected snippet in which the melody and overall sonic style sound similar. I have a feeling these snippets are fake because of this. (but again, even if you just suspect something may be from the record but don't have any confirmation, still don't share it just to be safe)

Not us accidentally giving our attention to some dumb white Twink who doesnt know how to make original music :facepalm:

Spoiler

its giving.... ::jack:

if anyone remembers... lol

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: