Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

It's basically confirmed that the album was finished sometime around late September - early October

but IS IT REALLY though? :icant: I hope

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

honestly y’all i really don’t think we’re getting a single… i think she’s gonna make a post on a random sunday in march and be like “hi my album is out in 2 weeks” and then never mention it again. i’m fully prepared for absolutely no promo this era, atp i’m not even expecting a music video :toofloppy: but maybe that’s me limiting my expectations to the bare minimum so i’m not disappointed when if it is the bare minimum

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

honestly y’all i really don’t think we’re getting a single… i think she’s gonna make a post on a random sunday in march 2023 and be like “hi my album is out in 2 weeks” and then never mention it again. i’m fully prepared for absolutely no promo this era, atp i’m not even expecting a music video :toofloppy: but maybe that’s me limiting my expectations to the bare minimum so i’m not disappointed

the way i said a few days ago that i think the ldr9 pre-release is going to be short :ma:

i would love to be proven wrong but this is probably what will happen

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

but IS IT REALLY though? :icant: I hope

I'd say yes... BOZ heard this mysterious masterpiece of an album on October 10th (he may have gotten it a couple of days before) and with his clues that day and the following releases we could remove all the other mentioned artists except for Lana.

He wouldn't call it an "album" if he got just 5-6 songs from a recently recorded session (specially knowing Lana's everchanging mind) so he probably knows even the title of the record :creepna:

He also heard the FJM collab and called it fantastic so that also reinforces it. He wouldn't get a random album track unless it was the lead single and it was coming soon (which is another possibility I didn't consider until now :judgingu3:)

giphy.gif

Still thinking how she put the X symbol under the rockafella video which basically means 10. And then she mentioned her new album as LDR10 if you include….violet. 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

1 hour ago, marryingkind said:

I’m gonna end myself if this album is just a lot of piano ballads

every lana stan’s worst fear rn is the piano 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

i don't get why people are saying she's including violet when if you consider AKA and paradise it adds up to... ten :bebe:

or i'm completely dumb and the reference is going over my head

I think she literally said "10 if you include Violet". But we still don't know if she's counting AKA or Paradise :um2:

giphy.gif

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I think she literally said "10 if you include Violet". But we still don't know if she's counting AKA or Paradise :um2:

that still doesn't make sense though because then it would be LDR11 - that's why i'm confused

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i don't get why people are saying she's including violet when if you consider AKA and paradise it adds up to... ten :bebe:

or i'm completely dumb and the reference is going over my head

because she responded to someone calling the album “ldr9” on instagram saying that it’s 10 because she includes violet. i’ll try to find her comment. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

We know she likes to release stuff as soon as she can (sometimes even too soon) so this timeline is confusing 

and i don't know how her management didn't forced her to do anything yet, she's in the best era of her career i mean it's the perfect time for THE release :eartha2:

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

that still doesn't make sense though because then it would be LDR11 - that's why i'm confused

It's 10 if you only count AKA or Paradise:

1.AKA 2.BTD 3.UV 4.HM 5.LFL 6.NFR 7.Violet 8.Chemtrails 9.BB 10.LDRX

1.BTD 2.Paradise 3.UV 4.HM 5.LFL 6.NFR 7.Violet 8.Chemtrails 9.BB 10.LDRX

So she's using one of those 2 (I guess :thumb2:)

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

every lana stan’s worst fear rn is the piano 

okay honestly i am all for the piano if it’s actually interesting and innovative piano playing and unique chords… but i am absolutely terrified if it’s a whole album of violets for roses piano compositions

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

It's 10 if you only count AKA or Paradise:

1.AKA 2.BTD 3.UV 4.HM 5.LFL 6.NFR 7.Violet 8.Chemtrails 9.BB 10.LDRX

1.BTD 2.Paradise 3.UV 4.HM 5.LFL 6.NFR 7.Violet 8.Chemtrails 9.BB 10.LDRX

So she's using one of those 2 (I guess :thumb2:)

interesting - i guess she's excluding AKA because i know she's said before that she considers paradise to be it's own thing and that it was interscope that put it with born to die

still have NO idea why she's including violet because... aka is right there but it's lana what can you do

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

okay honestly i am all for the piano if it’s actually interesting and innovative piano playing and unique chords… but i am absolutely terrified if it’s a whole album of violets for roses piano compositions

this is actually another reason why i’m really excited that she’s working with jon batiste. bringing some jazz musicians on board is going to (hopefully) be a really big step up for her piano arrangements and make the songs more interesting. which is better what be happening because that piano isn’t going anywhere anytime soon

Lana does not count AKA. BtD is her debut as Lana Del Rey. I love AKA to shreds but you guys need to let it go. 

She does count Paradise and Violet though. She mentioned it multiple times already ...

01 BtD

02 Paradise

03 Ultraviolence

04 Honeymoon

05 L4L

06 NFR

07 Violet

08 Chemtrails

09 Blue Banisters

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I honestly thing the reason we aren’t getting anything soon is bc of the theft. I think the footage stolen was for a music video/album trailer which has delayed roll out. Album is likely done and ready but she’s trying to get back on track with visuals. 

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

9 minutes ago, the ocean said:

interesting - i guess she's excluding AKA because i know she's said before that she considers paradise to be it's own thing and that it was interscope that put it with born to die

still have NO idea why she's including violet because... aka is right there but it's lana what can you do

It would not make sense if she counted AKA. It's been out for like two months and she never re-released it. Only her fans know about it and it's only obtainable illegally. Also, that was prior to the whole Lana Del Rey act she started with BtD. 

(Don't get me wrong, I love AKA, but I really don't see a value in constantly bringing it up as part of her official discography)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!