Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

50 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

ldr9 has GOTTA be an aquarius baby born in the first few days of february (like me 💖giphy.gif

it can be an unhinged february pisces too (like me 🤭)

and also for giving me Margaret

i want the album to be shocking, just different and weird and unique and her own thing. she needs some spice, give her some weird background effects or something weird. or a full ass concept record this time

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

54 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

ldr9 has GOTTA be an aquarius baby born in the first few days of february (like me 💖giphy.gif

Plz I’ve been wanting an Aquarius album for so long (mostly just because my birthday is also in February lol):angie:

That being said, I sometimes wonder if she’s ever thought of coordinating release dates with their respective astrological signs.

Aquariuses are sometimes characterized as being rebellious, peculiar, free-spirited, intellectually minded, etc. Sounds like the perfect combo for an angry record with automatic lyricism:ma:  

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

That being said, I sometimes wonder if she’s ever thought of coordinating release dates with their respective astrological signs.

Aquariuses are sometimes characterized as being rebellious, peculiar, free-spirited, intellectually minded, etc. Sounds like the perfect combo for an angry record with automatic lyricism:ma:  

oh well i sure hope her psychic suggests it lol

On 10/31/2022 at 5:06 PM, Aberdeen Beauty Queen said:

It's been confirmed that the album is done so I think next year

Wasn't it just stolen from her car? Does she have another copy of it? Or is she redoing everything?

4 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Wasn't it just stolen from her car? Does she have another copy of it? Or is she redoing everything?

she probably had another copy of the album but the laptop also had videos she was working on & drafts of her 2nd poetry book which are now indeed lost so the losses of those have potentially inspired her to redo everything

i know that we all love to speculate and be delusional in the thread but in all seriousness i think that the theft really set back the album promotion a lot more than some of us think and i think that's why she told us in the first place :xgiggle:

i don't think we're gonna be getting anything until at least february

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

i wonder how much she's aware that the next record might be a new start of a cycle career wise. blue banisters was a great closer for everything she's created so far, and from my intuitive guess, rockafella just reminds me so much of BTD's activeness. I wonder what kind of growth she'll share from the album. 

I hope the new album's romantic. and feels like wine. 

UV/Honeymoon

7 minutes ago, Nova Times said:

i wonder how much she's aware that the next record might be a new start of a cycle career wise. blue banisters was a great closer for everything she's created so far, and from my intuitive guess, rockafella just reminds me so much of BTD's activeness. I wonder what kind of growth she'll share from the album. 

I hope the new album's romantic. and feels like wine. 

Blue Banisters was a bridge between NFR/Chemtrails for sure. She said it chronicles the beginning the journey  and the destination  

Just now, Veinsineon said:

Blue Banisters was a bridge between NFR/Chemtrails for sure. She said it chronicles the beginning the journey  and the destination  

i have a theory where NFR happened and thru it, chemtrails and blue banisters came to be. NFR was a groundbreaking moment for Lana, and the parallels of the title track's subject matter, and the reflection of society's grip on selfishness might've debilitated her to the point of deeper self exploration and reclamation. when i think about blue banisters, it also sounds like a kind of funeral for a past self. where chemtrails was more about feeling out her inner world, blue banisters was an answer to how she's viewed and what she shares about that in turn. 

so in that way, the way arcadia closes access to the world from her, the next album could very well be another introduction to where she is now, which of course, makes sense, but I think about the gravity of it and what that might mean for more albums down the line. like, an opening act of a play, or the first song in a monumental festival setlist. 

UV/Honeymoon

I’ve come to the conclusion that I will be happy however this album comes out. I am hoping for something new, or perhaps old sounding. But I will be happy either way. I just grow more and more fond of bb and chemtrails every day.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

5 hours ago, syrup amour said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that I will be happy however this album comes out. I am hoping for something new, or perhaps old sounding. But I will be happy either way. I just grow more and more fond of bb and chemtrails every day.

Me when I lost hope and stopped being delusional:bebe:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

9 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

A copy was on her computer or someone could access the album from her phone (not sure, it’s still a bit fuzzy to me; I know she deleted from her cloud her poetry). 
The producers all have a copy of the songs, so we don’t have to fear that the masters were stolen forever. 
i doubt she’d redo it. BoZ said it was a masterpiece, so you don’t redo that. And if she decided to redo it, her record company would still have to pay producers and Lana could then be seen as a bit of « risky investment » in the future (a la Sky Ferreira :oic2:)

I can't wait to find out what the album title is :creepna3:

Sometimes I try to imagine what it will be but they're never as good as what comes from Lana's brain lol

Like even just recently with

Norman Fucking Rockwell

White Hot Forever

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

Rock Candy Sweet

Blue Banisters

They're so random but genius too lol I hope we get the next title really soon :angie:

35 minutes ago, the ocean said:

not waking up to 4 new pages and not even like 12 new posts is definitely a sign :oopna2:

yeah the sign that the thread is dying :xcry:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

A copy was on her computer or someone could access the album from her phone (not sure, it’s still a bit fuzzy to me; I know she deleted from her cloud her poetry). 
The producers all have a copy of the songs, so we don’t have to fear that the masters were stolen forever. 
i doubt she’d redo it. BoZ said it was a masterpiece, so you don’t redo that. And if she decided to redo it, her record company would still have to pay producers and Lana could then be seen as a bit of « risky investment » in the future (a la Sky Ferreira :oic2:)

Eclipse already confirmed it wasn't redone :hype:

"Don’t forget me"

This situation highlights truly that her label really don’t care too much about Lana. Because they’d be besides themselves right now with no new music/album out to capitalise on her high position on streaming platforms.  Lana is throwing millions down the toilet as we speak and her Label are half asleep at best.  When she releases early next year..I’m guessing March, her gains  will have been cut in half.  I know Lana doesn’t care about chart positions nor is doing this solely for the money, it’s because she loves art. Which is great and rare these days…but some decisions she makes you can’t help but yell YIKES!. It also makes you realise why she likely won’t change label or may go independent even…because I don’t think they’d be soft on her like this or go at her pace. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Unless they are now 100% sure nothing will leak it makes no sense to delay an album to have all the visuals and promo ready beforehand. It would be kinda the opposite and they would rush the release as soon as possible so we're probably getting the album once is done being pressed sometime around March.

Maybe nothing is coming out this year and they still need to do some visuals (one of Neil's comment possible interpretations) so they could do that while the physicals are getting done but I don't think they will sit on a finished album for longer than necessary (considering vinyl already delays a release for months) :um2:

Also unless she had HUGE plans for this era (I'm talking BTD levels of promo/content, which I doubt) I don't think it would take that long to finish up all the non music related stuff for the album...

We know she sadly lost some stuff that was potentially related to the record but still... at that point the other parties involved were probably already working on it so it wouldn't be lost entirely (specially since Lana likes to have the videos ready before she releases her albums)

Edited by Venice Peach
More thoughts... sorry for the essay

giphy.gif