Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

To avoid leaks or, at least, contain them, a digital release with a preorder for physicals coming later would be the best avenue.

but that would mean that her numbers for week one would be split and some visuals might be delayed for later. 

and also, this is not very popular at the moment… 

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

This situation highlights truly that her label really don’t care too much about Lana. Because they’d be besides themselves right now with no new music/album out to capitalise on her high position on streaming platforms.  Lana is throwing millions down the toilet as we speak and her Label are half asleep at best.  When she releases early next year..I’m guessing March, her gains  will have been cut in half.  I know Lana doesn’t care about chart positions nor is doing this solely for the money, it’s because she loves art. Which is great and rare these days…but some decisions she makes you can’t help but yell YIKES!. It also makes you realise why she likely won’t change label or may go independent even…because I don’t think they’d be soft on her like this or go at her pace. 

Its kinda true, although I wouldn't say its because they don't care about her, I think its really just because she herself doesn't care lol

She still makes her label lots of money in her own way, and while it would be smart to use this opportunity to market her, release new music, and make more money, I think they just aren't because that's not Lana's style.

She's never gonna rush release anything and she'll only put it out when it feels finished and ready.

Its definitely frustrating though, because I would love to see them hyping her up more and get new music of course :agree:

I think she would also love to go independent and be totally on her own schedule. Probably the only reason she doesn't is because her label gets her the producers she wants to work with

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Couldn't Lana have just said "I'm not releasing an album in 2022" last December? Then I would have simply taken a sabbatical this year. :oprah3:

i've been saying this multiple times but i honestly think her speaking about the theft was her way of saying "i'm not releasing an album in 2022" and some of us just decided to not look at the obvious meaning of the video and act delulu instead :oprah3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

elaborating on my point a little -

if the album was really coming soon i don't even think she wouldn't mentioned the theft as it would a. seem really weird so close to an album announcement and b. not even be that relevant especially when she's pretty secretive about the album preparation process

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

there is only one way that Lana can outdo these theifs and get one step ahead: SURPRISE RELEASE THIS ALBUM!!!

They cant do shit if she does this and GET HER COINS before these crazy motherfuckers profit off of the album if they end up have ut this whole time. :brows:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

21 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i've been saying this multiple times but i honestly think her speaking about the theft was her way of saying "i'm not releasing an album in 2022" and some of us just decided to not look at the obvious meaning of the video and act delulu instead :oprah3:

I mean getting to October without even a preorder was proof enough the album wasn’t coming this year with how long vinyls take. I think the videos talking about the thief thing was more because of the huge snippet leaks, I don't think that was her saying “the album isn’t coming” because that wasn’t the point of the video 

"Don’t forget me"

maybe lana and ben have an agreement where he just says “album coming soon 🚀❤️” every month or so and lana gets to release it whenever she spontaneously decides to … that way ben isn’t technically lying, he doesn’t know when soon is either! :really: 

sUcVobB.png

21 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

maybe lana and ben have an agreement where he just says “album coming soon 🚀❤️” every month or so and lana gets to release it whenever she spontaneously decides to … that way ben isn’t technically lying, he doesn’t know when soon is either! :really: 

the delusion as its finest :flutter::flutter::wub: we love to see it

35 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

the fact that Ben's probably in the dark same as us...relatable king default_ezgif-2-fb25d39250.gif

Last time I came here and actually went through the pages, we were at page 713 :toofunny: I don't feel like doing that right now... Do we have any new info?

EDIT: no new info, just us going thru the same conversations every 5 pages :facepalm:

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

55 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

I could totally see her doing that :biblio:

Since Rockefeller was probably one of the last songs she did for the album maybe that means Jon Batiste is mainly producing the next one. She always starts another album while finishing the current record so maybe she wanted to add that one to LDR9 but we'll get more with him in LDR10/11/whatever we'll call it.

But let's go a step further, imagine if she was teasing a song from that next album before even saying a word about LDR9 :thumb2:

Maybe she wanted to keep LDR9 totally secret but she missed posting snippets :ma:

giphy.gif

I always figured when Lana talked about “starting the next album” before she finishes the current album, she didn’t mean she literally started the next album, I always took it as she just knows the general direction she wants to go and puts certain songs aside to possibly be used for the next project (like she didn’t create Bartender for NFR it was just a song she created during LFL that didn’t fit on LFL)

Even at the end of BB’s release, Boz said she scrapped his favorite song, and not long after the album came out she said she had some songs she really loves. She didn’t “start” the new album right then and there, she just had songs leftover that she wanted to carry over to the next album 

"Don’t forget me"

55 minutes ago, niandra lades said:

Last time I came here and actually went through the pages, we were at page 713 :toofunny: I don't feel like doing that right now... Do we have any new info?

EDIT: no new info, just us going thru the same conversations every 5 pages :facepalm:

Literally. I like to come back and check and I’ll get excited when I see like 70 new pages and it’s the driest convos known to man, the same speculations, and willful delusion. I love it though. :smokes3:

29 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I always figured when Lana talked about “starting the next album” before she finishes the current album, she didn’t mean she literally started the next album, I always took it as she just knows the general direction she wants to go and puts certain songs aside to possibly be used for the next project (like she didn’t create Bartender for NFR it was just a song she created during LFL that didn’t fit on LFL)

Even at the end of BB’s release, Boz said she scrapped his favorite song, and not long after the album came out she said she had some songs she really loves. She didn’t “start” the new album right then and there, she just had songs leftover that she wanted to carry over to the next album 

I agree, like she probably has a few songs that didn't make the cut for the current album, but she likes how they sounds or the vibe of them and uses them as a starting point for the direction of the next album.

I think its interesting though because this time (if I'm remembering correctly what was said in W magazine lol) she didn't have any "leftovers" and thats why she turned to automatic writing. 

It makes me think she really is "starting over" and that Blue Banisters was the conclusion of what Born to Die started in a way :wowcry:

13 minutes ago, sweetcinnamondealer said:

I agree, like she probably has a few songs that didn't make the cut for the current album, but she likes how they sounds or the vibe of them and uses them as a starting point for the direction of the next album.

I think its interesting though because this time (if I'm remembering correctly what was said in W magazine lol) she didn't have any "leftovers" and thats why she turned to automatic writing. 

It makes me think she really is "starting over" and that Blue Banisters was the conclusion of what Born to Die started in a way :wowcry:

This really sounds like this era will be her career re-invention. And this might be on another level that even change the music industry forever :coffee: or just me being delulu

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

26 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

This really sounds like this era will be her career re-invention. And this might be on another level that even change the music industry forever :coffee: or just me being delulu

Watch her being the Artist of the (another) decade :hooker: :true: