Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

13 hours ago, zombie girl said:

okay but the joni i am talking about is sexy wild and free and dark and jazzy… help me, twisted, free man in paris, edith and the kingpin, the jungle line! joni is so much more and so much more diverse than the “acoustic bumpkin” of her first 5 albums. something from the same world of Harry’s House/Centerpiece feels like a natural and realistic progression for lana coming off of songs like Black Bathing Suit and If You Lie Down with Me and Text Book

I get what you're saying and i like hissing of summer lawns but what I'm saying is that this brand of jazzy is still too similar to antonoff production (clearly he's inspired). It's very laid back arrangements with flourishes of random instruments. In 2022 this sound has a cool factor which I'm so sick of.... Nfr (which I still love) was such a win/lose for this because it made Lana cool and the world never really got to understand the depth of where she was coming from originally.. the totally unique blend of seriousness and camp. Honeymoon was the height of that which is why it's my favourite album. I do not want Lana Del Thee Rey to sound like the 4000 other wannabe joni mitchells out here. Hell no

6 hours ago, DragonWhore said:

Do u remember when I told u about the FJM collab? 

I have more details but u hoes always question me.

No because you can just make up any fact and if it doesn't come true you can say Lana "changed her mind" I STAY not believing you

6 hours ago, Aberdeen Beauty Queen said:

Which album do we think LDR9 is going to be most similar to?

Realistically, my guess is Blue Banisters despite the wide range of possible producers—mostly due to the “plastic bags” lyric and her description of the record: wordy, conversational, having orchestral touches by Drew, etc.

Also, although we don’t know if the “umbrella” snippet was the final product or even part of the record at all (much less representative of all of LDR9), it did sound like it could have easily fit on Blue Banisters. 

However, BoZ potentially calling LDR9 a masterpiece given his criticisms of Blue Banisters makes me wonder if his dislike of BB was centered around its soundscape, indicating a shift sonically.

After all, BoZ’s music taste does seem to be more pop-centered, and this might explain Jack bringing up the bombastic tracks which were used to contrast COCC’s “restrained” (as mentioned in the interview) approach to production. 

If she continues down a more toned down path, I’d love a darker, more dramatic presentation similar to the vibes from the W Magazine beach photoshoot. I guess we’ll see! Either way, I have a strong feeling I’ll love this record!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i'm aiming for a new kind of sound sim to BTD but w a more wholesome, and bright tone to it. blue banisters was a great closing album that culminated her career from various viewpoints so i wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. and, intuitively, by the city sound of the rockafella snippet, at least so far, only gets me thinking more about btd's activeness and quintessential richness of sound. 

UV/Honeymoon

3 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Also, although we don’t know if the “umbrella” snippet was the final product or even part of the record at all (much less representative of all of LDR9), it did sound like it could have easily fit on Blue Banisters. 

In the caption of the Rockefeller snippet video she wrote LDRX , so I think it's lowkey confirmed it's gonna be on the new album 

Ok I checked : she wrote only an X but I think it stands for LDRX aka this album 

At least I hope so cause we need the song

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

In the caption of the Rockefeller snippet video she wrote LDRX , so I think it's lowkey confirmed it's gonna be on the new album 

Ok I checked : she wrote only an X but I think it stands for LDRX aka this album 

i think she’s trying to make this her magnum opus album cause it’s her ‘tenth album’. that’s why she’s kinda forcing violet as an album cause she wants to make this her tenth and best album

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

This is what confuses me. When Lana speaks of LDRX I think she could mean the album after the next. While when Ben posted about "an extraordinarily special 9th (at least 😍) solo album to come" he could mean the covers album, which has actually no collab. But it's not impossible that they have a small dispute in the use of the same numbering or working titles.

9 hours ago, Jared said:

I'm glad the insiders are liking the new album, but I need to hear at least 3 great singles before I even begin to entertain the idea of the album being a masterpiece or coming anywhere close to ultraviolence

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

47 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

This is what confuses me. When Lana speaks of LDRX I think she could mean the album after the next. While when Ben posted about "an extraordinarily special 9th (at least 😍) solo album to come" he could mean the covers album, which has actually no collab. But it's not impossible that they have a small dispute in the use of the same numbering or working titles.

I think LDR9 is for her actually LDR10 because she counts Violets as an album too. I think she actually said this in the comments under the Rockefeller post. So I think for Ben it's her ninth studio album and for Lana it's her 10th because she counts Violets as one of them.

But I love how no one actually knows how to count her albums because  if you count A.K.A , Violets and Paradise as well this would be her 11th album:hide:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 11/9/2022 at 4:40 AM, honey dew said:

I need lana to get the hell away from joni Mitchell territory it's tired and stale. We need to be encouraging her signature sexy wild and free dark jazz Lynch and Waters side not her 70s cokehead acoustic bumpkin grandma side

as of yet lana has not even made anything i would consider reminiscent of joni mitchell's sound. altho "sexy wild n free dark jazz lynch" actually would be more of a joni mitchell direction & i would be here for that. but i also like her lowkey carole king type stuff she did for her past 2 albums. i am up for anything honestly. lana has never disappointed me so far.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

22 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Honestly, if she’s going the jazz route. We do not want old people’s jazz (I don’t want to use the word “old” here because I don’t want to seem ageist, but it has to be said). Please not like Cheek to Cheek. Not that type of jazz.

Make jazz music that we can pole dance to, please. Now that be would revolutionary 

jazz music you can pole dance to is old people jazz. who out here is not pole dancing to peggy lee & julie london? i would definitely not call them "young people jazz"

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

3 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’m at work and I can’t spend too much time scrolling in this thread. Can a kind soul sum up what happened? Please 🥺 

Apparently BOz was talking about Lana when he said the album he just listened to is a masterpiece.

also he confirmed the collab with father John misty in LDR new album and says it’s “fantastic”

FJM also spoke to a fan and said “the album is closer than we imagine”

10 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

1. BOZ saying he can't wait to talk about the masterpiece of an album he just heard. 
 2. BOZ saying that jack is a genius when he does things right.

3. The collaboration with FJM is "fantastic". 

I don't know about you, but I feel like Lana is going to outdo Norman.

It would be cool to see her release another album that critics, a majority of fans/general public, and Lana herself all consider her best. I wouldn’t trust insiders when it comes to predicting the critical reception of an album though. I remember some insiders saying that Solar Power would be Lorde’s most acclaimed/best album, and it ended up being one of the worst reviewed albums of the year. BOZ seemingly loving this album despite hating her past 2 albums is what gives me hope for this. 

I’m hopeful too, ben has been teasing this project for a while now and he seems very excited about it, lana said to a fan in december that this one would be better than BB, the one insider who seemingly has listened to it is excited as well, the W Mag issue was stunning and glamorous:sadcore2: which imo means lana takes it seriously, I feel like it’s gonna be a big deal just like norman but with the artistic direction of an album like honeymoon

I’m not against a couple releases by the end of the year btw, just to have a glimpse of what the whole record could be like

3 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

I’m hopeful too, ben has been teasing this project for a while now and he seems very excited about it, lana said to a fan in december that this one would be better than BB, the one insider who seemingly has listened to it is excited as well, the W Mag issue was stunning and glamorous:sadcore2: which imo means lana takes it seriously, I feel like it’s gonna be a big deal just like norman but with the artistic direction of an album like honeymoon

I’m not against a couple releases by the end of the year btw, just to have a glimpse of what the whole record could be like

She also said on BB release day that she already had some new songs she really loved :brows:

giphy.gif