Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Album title announcement maybe? The DNC decoding is upon us sisters. We will have our answers. We will have the truth in our hands.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i get being excited and so but some of y’all are definitely getting a little ahead of yourselves :stareney:

my expectations are very low, i’ll be happy with anything that doesn’t include her family and isn’t a stripped back ballad atp

And NO more youtube rips of 10 year old throwaways and 11 song tracklists pls 

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

I hope we get at least 14 tracks even though I think we'll get 10-12 :icant:

Chemtrails had 11 (and she used 1 outtake) and BB had 15 but used 5-6...

Idk why but I have a strong feeling we get 13 tracks , maybe 14 tracks including one poetry style interlude ala Honeymoon 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I don’t know why but I’m thinking it’s going to be about 14/15 tracks, that’s about the average for her. COTCC is her shortest at 11 and LFL is her longest at 16. At the same time I’d be okay with 12/13 if they’re all super solid tracks 

"Don’t forget me"

So if the pre order really drops next week I need to rob a bank until then:hide:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Oh god I didn't think about that... :thumb: I'm going bankrupt with Christmas + Lana vinyls 

We gave you all our money we gave you all  our money :karaoke:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

I'd rather have a lot of tracks, as on LFL. That way we're bound to get more good tracks on average, since, generally speaking, she does produce more good than weak tracks per album. I'm happy to always 'uncheck' or delete or move off tracks I really dislike. I do hope we get 'Crazy For You,' though I think it's unlikely if it is/was a HM outtake. 

23 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i get being excited and so but some of y’all are definitely getting a little ahead of yourselves :stareney:

my expectations are very low, i’ll be happy with anything that doesn’t include her family and isn’t a stripped back ballad atp

And NO more youtube rips of 10 year old throwaways and 11 song tracklists pls 

Unfortunately Lana is a seasoned act, she's well into the winter of her career.

I'm fully expecting more laid back/stripped back songs with Grant family and LA friends-centric lyricism. She's been in her folk-singer-songwriter era from 2019 onwards. :creepna2:

I'm still excited at the prospect of new music, but I'm also being realistic--I've learned to manage my expectations. Like she's not going to release another gritty/raw blues-y-jazzy-rock fusion album like Ultraviolence or a dream/baroque pop album like Born to Die ever again... I think and I'm at peace with that. :creep:

3 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

Imagine her first week sales if she announces the album with at least 4 vinyl variants, CDs and cassets... :thirst:

im sure she’ll get that number 1 with the proper rollout… the tiktok girlies are doing the rest of the work

and also for giving me Margaret

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I'm expecting 200k minimum..given her current streams and popularity. 

Coming to outsell UV

If the first single will be boring for her TikTok fanbase then she's not doing more than 100k

I honestly wouldn’t mind a piano ballad album, though I do hope for something new and more upbeat. I’ll be happy with anything.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

Just now, Writer In The Dark said:

If the first single will be boring for her TikTok fanbase then she's not doing more than 100k

I'm pretty sure her label won't let her release a ballad as the lead this time around. Dua dropped TaP and given how little noise her previous 2 albums made because of 0 promotion,  they're going all out.

Brightsun did say "something big is coming "

10 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Unfortunately Lana is a seasoned act, she's well into the winter of her career.

I'm fully expecting more laid back/stripped back songs with Grant family and LA friends-centric lyricism. She's been in her folk-singer-songwriter era from 2019 onwards. :creepna2:

I'm still excited at the prospect of new music, but I'm also being realistic--I've learned to manage my expectations. Like she's not going to release another gritty/raw rock album like Ultraviolence or a dream/baroque pop album like Born to Die ever again... I think and I'm at peace with that. :creep:

After 'Wild At Heart,' 'Arcadia,' 'Violets For Roses,' and 'Black Bathing Suit,' all which, to me, harkened back to BTD, I think we can never quite guess what's coming next, though I think one or more albums of bangers is unlikely.