Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Is there a way we can pin the info regarding everything that’s happened?

Elle usually updates the OP as things happen, and @Beautiful Loser has a wonderful timeline blog that's usually updated very frequently, but as far as pinning goes, we can't really do that.

"Don’t forget me"

piano discourse again :trisha: i’ve said this a lot before, but y’all have to know deep down that the piano isn’t going anywhere. we all heard the Rockefeller snippet. it’s just that the piano compositions need to be more interesting, we can’t have more Violets for Roses and Beautifuls. but the fact that she’s working with jazz musicians like Jon Batiste who can help breathe some new fresh life into her chords and arrangements besides just standard pop progressions and scales is very exciting

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

Elle usually updates the OP as things happen, and @Beautiful Loser has a wonderful timeline blog that's usually updated very frequently, but as far as pinning goes, we can't really do that.

I completely forgot about the first page for some reason!! Thank you!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Piano can be fantastic if done right. I know a lot of people associate piano with slow and boring, but she has so many piano based songs that are unique and fun.

"Don’t forget me"

Okay. 2 things we NEED to make a bigger deal out of and discuss: 

1: Am I the only one curious as to why she was at this seemingly random women’s guild event? What are her connections to Jaime Lee Curtis? She hasn’t been to an event in FOREVERR!!! Nikki Lane shows don’t count. I mean a gala with sparkly outfits and microphones. Pretty cameras :hooker: It just seems so random… and to finally give a concrete date at this event? We need to look deeper into this :smokes:

2: Why aren’t we making a bigger deal of Eclipse telling us “remember when she said she really liked powerlifting” or whatever. That’s a clue Lipsters!!! :hooker:

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

Just now, colaandvideogames said:

2: Why aren’t we making a bigger deal of Eclipse telling us “remember when she said she really liked powerlifting” or whatever. That’s a clue Lipsters!!! :hooker:

I thought he was just saying how random Lana is :thumb3: but maybe you're right and there's a clue there.

Maybe something similar to FIILY MV :hype:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, colaandvideogames said:

Okay. 2 things we NEED to make a bigger deal out of and discuss: 

1: Am I the only one curious as to why she was at this seemingly random women’s guild event? What are her connections to Jaime Lee Curtis? It just seems so random… and to finally give a concrete date at this event? We need to look deeper into this :smokes:

OMG the album cover is Lana power lifting Jamie Lee Curtis on a bench press we won :oprah4:

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Also if she's indeed covering it the album is going to be so fun :thumb3:

This is exactly why I hope it’s on the record! I seriously think this album will have multitudes (:oic2:) and surprise us! 

I think we’ll definitely get the more wordy, conversational tracks alongside some fun, not-taken-too-seriously (bombastic:ma:) ones! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I still expect quite a lot of piano tho, but there's so much you can do with that instrument 

exactly this is what i’m trying to say like it feels like people automatically think all piano songs are boring because there were a few boring ballads on recent albums but there is sooo much you can do with it and so much land she hasn’t explored. but considering there have been piano ballads on every album for the last almost 6 years i feel like people are setting themselves up to be disappointed by having a bias going into the new music ready to dislike any piano song :bebe:

21 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

hear me out: Coconut’s vocals sound like where I timestamped the video to start:ma:

This is actually exactly what I imagined when I thought about her covering Coconut. 

♬  ♥  .。.    .。.   ♥  ♬

There are violets in your eyes
There are guns that blaze around you
There are roses in between my thighs
And a fire that surrounds you

Maybe she’s lifting a…coconut? I don’t know lmao Eclipse also referenced HBTB, so I’m trying to think of what beach-related she could be lifting/carrying?

Maybe it’s her bodybuilder Muscle Beach era!

Sylvia Plath