Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

39 minutes ago, Map of LA said:

This is another Jack album for sure :judgingu3:

I do love Jack and Lana together but get that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. 
Not to go on with that endless debate, but I don’t think he will be the sole producer on many tracks, and that Drew will have his hand on songs. Everybody praises California, and it was a Jack and Zack track, so I’m all for « two-producer » songs. 

38 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Gently reminder that Neil was in charge of COCC shoot too and we ended up with the fuglyest cover of her career :mj:

It sure is her worst cover ever :agree:

it’s not that it is that bad, but it’s bad for her standards, although I didn’t find it that ugly after a Twitter fan account put side by side the COCC cover and the alternate UO one (which I like)

33 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I thought what was reported was that a reporter or someone in the crowd asked LDR what her favorite song was, and she said, 'Coconut by Harry Nilsson," not that the question was "what is your favorite song on the new album?", and 'Coconut, by Harry Nilsson," was her answer. 

Can anyone clarify? 

They just asked her about her favorite song at the moment. The speculation of her covering in comes from the livestream she did after releasing BB where she said something along the lines of "Harry Nilsson will be important for something in the future". She also posted that particular song on her stories (can't remember if it was before or after the livestream).

So yeah it's all speculation :um2:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

it’s not that it is that bad, but it’s bad for her standards, although I didn’t find it that ugly after a Twitter fan account put side by side the COCC cover and the alternate UO one (which I like)

It isn't ugly per se, the concept is cool but the actual picture is just lazy and bad :thumb2: like they didn't even edited it and just slapped a b&w iPhone filter on it... there's no contrast at all, the middle is dark af... some of the girlies there look like videogame characters you haven't unlocked yet :icant:

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The back picture would've made a more interesting cover than the actual cover. This era feels like a fever dream.

dec0xe7-db5431e0-3cd9-4c36-a0b5-c0800628

I think we're gonna get something good this era, Neil was very involved with the visuals for the BB and they were nice, maybe not on par with Honeymoon or Ultraviolence, but nice nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

They just asked her about her favorite song at the moment. The speculation of her covering in comes from the livestream she did after releasing BB where she said something along the lines of "Harry Nilsson will be important for something in the future". She also posted that particular song on her stories (can't remember if it was before or after the livestream).

So yeah it's all speculation :um2:

Thank you.

Listen People. The Neil Krug m night Shyamalan farm girl aesthetic is camp. I love my tractor girl and my farm girl. The impact! of these records side by side….

plus I’m a little bias because the chemtrails alt cover will forever remind me of KANSAS

I wonder if we're getting an album cover with a concept (like NFR) or just a pretty aesthetically pleasing cover (like BB standard).

As long as it's pretty I don't really mind (BB is my favorite cover of hers) but I kinda want her to go all out and do something unexpected and dare I say wild :creepna2:

giphy.gif

Did someone say the flowers Neil posted are possibly in his yard? Maybe that photo is being teased because they took photos with Lana in that area with those flowers. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

16 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The back picture would've made a more interesting cover than the actual cover. This era feels like a fever dream.

dec0xe7-db5431e0-3cd9-4c36-a0b5-c0800628

I think we're gonna get something good this era, Neil was very involved with the visuals for the BB and they were nice.

Totally 💯 agree with you: the back cover should have been the front. 
and BB’s cover is top 3 for me for sure :flutter: