Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Last night I couldn't talk about anything you were talking about because I was busy. Regarding that insider saying that LDR9 sounds like HM X UV, please! That sounds so much like fan service that it sounds so unrealistic, it may be true, but why use two albums to compare a new one? All of Lana's albums sound DIFFERENT, so using two existing ones to talk about a new one sounds like  the vaguest description in the world.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 minute ago, living legend said:

hiii babies! i haven’t logged on here since the release of blue banisters but i am so thrilled about the release of the new record. 

the way my depression has left the chat ever since i heard about how we’re receiving news on december 5th 🥰

Welcome back:party: the thread has exploded in insider teases (fake and real alike), double album speculation, flower analysis, and horniness:beyonce: Delulucember is the time to be:beyonce:

Tumblr

1 minute ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Last night I couldn't talk about anything they were talking about because I was busy. Regarding that insider saying that LDR9 sounds like HM X UV, please! That sounds so much like fan service that it sounds so unrealistic, it may be true, but why use two albums to compare a new one? All of Lana's albums sound DIFFERENT, so using two existing ones to talk about a new one sounds like the laziest thing in the world. 

Or the best thing in the world . 

2 minutes ago, living legend said:

hiii babies! i haven’t logged on here since the release of blue banisters but i am so thrilled about the release of the new record. 

the way my depression has left the chat ever since i heard about how we’re receiving news on december 5th 🥰

just letting you know it’s on the 7th! just don’t want you staying up all night and get your hopes up for nothing 

1 minute ago, marinasrep said:

do we think we're gonna have everything (the album cover, the name of the album and the tracklist) wednesday ? :tea:

I think it could happen. BB preorder was only 1 and a half months and Chemtrails had 2 months so if the album is coming in February-March I can see them announcing everything now even if the wait would be a bit longer... the only thing is that I'd find weird that she'll reveal everything without having a single out since she always puts out at least 1 song before the formal album announcement :um2:

We also may be getting only a single and a preorder announcement for January with the album in March (basically like Chemtrails)

giphy.gif

Just now, BartenderDeco said:

just letting you know it’s on the 7th! just don’t want you staying up all night and get your hopes up for nothing 

whooops! i actually totally knew that but i’m a dumbass and don’t always think before pressing send 😂…perhaps it was wishful thinking? 

7 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Lana always posts the album cover a day before so I think we’ll get the album cover Tuesday evening and then Wednesday get the first single, track list, and preorder 

i forgot that she posts the cover before ahhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHH :hype:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

neil’s posts don’t make sense, is he shooting with her currently or did he shoot with her before?

whooops! i actually totally knew that but i’m a dumbass and don’t always think before pressing send 😂…perhaps it was wishful thinking? 

manifesting the 5th :worship:

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I think it could happen. BB preorder was only 1 and a half months and Chemtrails had 2 months so if the album is coming in February-March I can see them announcing everything now even if the wait would be a bit longer... the only thing is that I'd find weird that she'll reveal everything without having a single out since she always puts out at least 1 song before the formal album announcement :um2:

We also may be getting only a single and a preorder announcement for January with the album in March (basically like Chemtrails)

Honeymoon and NFR both had preorders that only lasted a month! If they’re worried about the theft situation I can see it being another quick rollout! 

I really hope the 7th isn’t an announcement of an announcement, and we get a little extra something!

At the same time though, that could be the case because Ellie (who is managed by Lana’s managers) announced her album last month for a release in February, so maybe the will go for the 3 month wait again but I really hope not 

"Don’t forget me"

CAN WE ALL PLS MANIFEST A PHYSICAL RELEASE OF THE RECORD 🕯️ 

i remember her saying on live that the next album she was just going to put out without having vinyls as that takes months to produce. idc if the vinyl arrives months later, i just wanna be able to own it eventually 

Just now, living legend said:

i remember her saying on live that the next album she was just going to put out without having vinyls as that takes months to produce. idc if the vinyl arrives months later, i just wanna be able to own it eventually 

At the rate the album has been *allegedly* progressing, I'd say vinyl production could have began as early as September. So I think it's safe to say we're definitely getting physicals :D

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

There definitely will be physicals. Her label will not let her release without them. I highly doubt we would even get digital then physical later. They are going to want physicals with initial release to push her 1st week sales. 

and she’d get no sales:omg:

Just now, NikoGo said:

Honeymoon and NFR both had preorders that only lasted a month! If they’re worried about the theft situation I can see it being another quick rollout! 

Yeah that's why I'm not sure they'll announce everything now since that would mean a longer preorder and she doesn't usually do that (but from a financial point of view it should be better right? More time for potential sales)

This era seems different from all the previous ones tho so who knows what they actually have in store this time :hype:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, living legend said:

There will definitely be a physical release. Lana broke records just last year with COTCC's vinyl sales. Absolute best case scenario would be album dropping Friday digitally to avoid any mass leaks of the album with physicals coming around Feb/March, but that's basically impossible to happen

"Don’t forget me"

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

No?? He was in charge of the alternate cover.

The OG one was shot by Chuck

I never said he shot the final cover but the album photo shoot, which ended up being the alternate cover (the superior one)… also the final cover was not by chuck since she’s in it, it was probably a bts picture taken by Charlie :nails:

Lanarat.png

15 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

I never said he shot the final cover but the album photo shoot, which ended up being the alternate cover (the superior one)… also the final cover was not by chuck since she’s in it, it was probably a bts picture taken by Charlie :nails:

real

your wording initially was a little confusing but :toofunny: the way ur totally right.

as proven with chemtrails, Just because Neil is in charge of the (gorgeous) photoshoot for the album, doesn’t mean we’re gonna get a gorgeous neil-shot standard cover 

however i do think the neil shoot will be the cover this time around purely because of how much he’s hyping it up 

I'M LATE TO THE PARTY BUT DAMN WE GETTING A SLAY WIG UMBRELLA SNATCHING MASTERPIECE COVER ON WEDNESDAY :oprah4:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: