Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 minutes ago, aly said:

Well my bf of 4 years broke up with me today and I have to move out :thumb3:

manifesting angry, dark lyricism :true:

BOOOO F#CK HIM!!! we don’t like him!

manifesting a slay era incoming for you..:wink: 

So do we think all of the 🚀🌠(or whatever the second emoji was) Ben has been using mean anything? I would absolutely love space-themed visuals, but all of Neil's 🌹 suggest otherwise.

When you know, you know
That it's time to leave
Like the summer breeze

24 minutes ago, aly said:

Well my bf of 4 years broke up with me today and I have to move out :thumb3:

manifesting angry, dark lyricism :true:

Men are trash babe. Let's light some shit on fire when the album drops :burn:

Giving me flashbacks to when my engagement broke off last year and then Lana dropped Dealer and Violets For Roses. Hoping you get the same level of revenge + clarity tracks :wink:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

4 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

inb4 he just means the album is out of this world :hide:

You're probably right. :icant: I really thought we were getting a space album based on the emojis, Lana's posts referencing the stars earlier this year, and the stars align highlight. We know she changes her mind so easily though.

When you know, you know
That it's time to leave
Like the summer breeze

35 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

spoken album 

released as a soundtrack to her poetry book :oprah3:

9 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

inb4 he just means the album is out of this world :hide:

aka ejected out of our atmosphere; the astronauts have to snatch them out of space before personal consumpton :oprah3:

8 minutes ago, The Siren said:

released as a soundtrack to her poetry book :oprah3:

aka ejected out of our atmosphere; the astronauts have to snatch them out of space before personal consumpton :oprah3:

Lana first artist to go to space confirmed.:oprah4: Gaga shaking in her Chromatica boots 

Will the announcement be during the day or in the morning? As far as I can remember, Lana said in the interview that it would be in the morning; I'm guessing the same time she announced Norman, LA time.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

omfg before honeymoon went public again, the only account that i knew i followed it on was my old IG from 2015 that i stopped using in like 9th grade, and so once lana deactivated her main and started using honeymoon again i had to log back in to that account until i was able to catch when it was public and follow on the one i use now 💀 i never cared to log out of that old account though and for some reason my notifications on there come through like a day late, so i keep on getting honeymoon post notifications super delayed and keep thinking it’s something new. I just now received the notif for the pic with Neil and freaked out for a second, idk why i haven’t just turned them off for that account yet

12 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

Will the announcement be during the day or in the morning? As far as I can remember, Lana said in the interview that it would be in the morning; I'm guessing the same time she announced Norman, LA time.

I don’t think she said a time

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

12 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

i feel like most announcements happen late morning/early afternoon depending on time zone. i’ve noticed that a lot of artists make announcements at 9am PST/12pm EST so it will probably be around then

if the album le*ks would you all hear it as it does or wait this time around during release? personally i think i will wait. the leaks have ruined the excitement of the drop and i want to hear it in full glam. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Lustrouslines said:

if the album le*ks would you all hear it as it does or wait this time around during release? personally i think i will wait. the leaks have ruined the excitement of the drop and i want to hear it in full glam. 

This is the first era we haven’t gotten a single fraction of leak. I want to be completely blown away! I need to be surprised :true:

3 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

honestly if this was a messy era, i’d stay on my streak of listening to leaks but this era has been so mysterious and exciting which makes me want to experience the album just as lana intended. with the past few releases, it seemed like she honestly didnt care but this rollout seems so intentional n secretive. i want to respect it better than i have in the past:legend:

I just caught up with all the madness. The roses emojis are very intriguing. I wonder if there's a thematic connection to the album; it could be a reference to the album title, the lead single or simply the overall aesthetics and visuals of this era. Or none of the above, lol! It doesn't matter though. It's confirmed that we're getting a Neil Krug photoshoot, and both Lana and Neil - and Anna! - are very excited about it so we're about to get something really good. :illumilana2:

The Pitchfork article mustn't be a coincidence. They obviously know something. I wonder if they've already listened to the lead single (or even the whole album). In general, there's a lot of hype on social media, her streams are amazing, she's become a TikTok darling...I remembered Rob's post from the studio back in March when he mentioned that he's working on an "epic project". And the most important thing - Boz, apart from saying that the album is a masterpiece, mentioned that he couldn't believe how much he loved it because "it's so wild". Epic and wild? This doesn't sound like a COCC/BB rehash; both albums are extremely low-key and grounded. So I'm pretty sure that we're going to get something very fresh and unexpected - both lyrically and especially sonically - from Lana.