Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

my only quiet reservation re: boz' judgement is that he also really liked watercolor eyes - totally respect anyone here's love 4 that song ❤️❤️❤️ but i... want ldr9 to sound nothing like it giphy.gif

Same:oic3:

2 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

my only quiet reservation re: boz' judgement is that he also really liked watercolor eyes - totally respect anyone here's love 4 that song ❤️❤️❤️ but i... want ldr9 to sound nothing like it giphy.gif

I thought watercolor eyes was reminiscent of ultraviolence in some way, that’s what I liked about the song, but it still sounds like something she would record today (actually it sounds like a mix between uv and cocc), unlike the 2013 bb songs 

I don’t think the next songs are going to be similar although I’m hoping for the same kind of production here and there on the album

5 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

yup, the album will be ours in the next weeks, BOZ just confirmed it by saying great music coming in the next weeks/months 

BORN TO DIE: DEATH NEVER CAME

January 27th 

I was literally just thinking about Death Never Came again as a title. Rather song or album. Would be so full circle. Can see it being a song about how she made it despite all the shit she has been given throughout her career/fame. I would love for a full on unleashing moment like that but I don’t think that’s happening. Lana’s been much more nuanced than that, lately at least. 

The WCE discussion. I’m biased lol. Literally my top song on wrapped this year but I definitely think it had a dark undertone ala Ultra but a warmness and nostalgia too. Really was a magical track for me and I wouldn’t mind more songs in the same vein at all. 

Boz’s comment seems to be a little more restrained. I still think forebodes well though. His initial love/masterpiece reaction still equates to a “really great record” after being able to sit with it for a couple of months. At least it didn’t age super fast/badly.  

I wish we knew something sooner than Wednesday lol!

Well this is really interesting. And I feel like bb and chemtrails can be more appreciated if Lana chooses to have more pop music/ different sounding music again. The eras as a whole will stand out.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

2 minutes ago, TextBook said:

I'm kinda scared. BOZ loves pop music :bebe:  another Lust for Life?

He does really love pop but when it comes to Lana, he stans her early stuff, the « sadcore » Lana (he loved WCE, which was that). I don’t remember if he loved NFR, but my guess is that the album sounds very « sad » in the lyrics. But let’s not forget he also loves Caroline, who is not pop…