Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, DLT said:

I was literally just thinking about Death Never Came again as a title. Rather song or album. Would be so full circle. Can see it being a song about how she made it despite all the shit she has been given throughout her career/fame. I would love for a full on unleashing moment like that but I don’t think that’s happening. Lana’s been much more nuanced than that, lately at least. 

The WCE discussion. I’m biased lol. Literally my top song on wrapped this year but I definitely think it had a dark undertone ala Ultra but a warmness and nostalgia too. Really was a magical track for me and I wouldn’t mind more songs in the same vein at all. 

Boz’s comment seems to be a little more restrained. I still think forebodes well though. His initial love/masterpiece reaction still equates to a “really great record” after being able to sit with it for a couple of months. At least it didn’t age super fast/badly.  

I wish we knew something sooner than Wednesday lol!

OMG your mind... That would be SO iconic

red-velvet-irene.gifred-velvet-irene.gifDimCriminalArcticduck-size_restricted.gi
Naughty, naughty, naughty oh we ha ho

6 minutes ago, marryingkind said:

but he only talks about some pop artists that do the most bland thing ever… so i’m worried that this “variety” will turn into lfl 2.0 (not musically, but in it’s incongruity in some parts)

he does love pop music and superstars, but he doesn’t only talk about them, he’s been obsessed with caroline polachek and weyesblood recently

he also mentioned that the record was nothing like lfl when someone pointed out "variety"

4 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i really can't understand you guys, you are tired of the piano songs and when boz give signs of a different sound coming soon you complain too :oprah3:

Typical Lanaboards :judgingu3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

The fact that is varied in sound but not like LFL is so interesting... cause LFL had some "classic Lana with a twist " (like 13 beaches, Heroin, Get Free, Cherry), the hiphop tracks and then the folk. 

UV was also pretty varied even if the general vibe was uniform throughout. We had a lot of electric guitar but also songs like the title track, Brooklyn Baby, Sad Girl, Old Money etc so maybe it's that kind of "variety" (as in a clear concept but with a broader soundscape, I don't mean that it's going to sound like UV of course).

I also expect it to sound completely different from everything from his wording (unless the variety comes from picking some elements of different albums which since those are her albums it also makes sense to self reference even if it's not on purpose )

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, Elle said:

Lol the story is pretty funny, so I’ll tell it. Back in 2013, a friend of a friend recommended him to me after I complimented her hair. I booked an appointment, and while I was in his chair he noticed my LDR phone case and he mentioned he was also a fan, so we struck up a conversation about Lana. He was playing music at his station, so he changed it to Lana so we could jam together while he was doing my hair. After a couple of songs, I noticed one I hadn’t heard before, and at this point I was pretty well-versed on Unreleased LDR tracks and kept up to date with leaks, but I still didn’t recognise this one. After asking about it, he smirked and made some sort of comment about how that one “wasn’t out there.” I went back to see him a few times, and each time he’d play Lana and other artists we both liked and there would be songs I wouldn’t recognise. Of course since this was so many years ago, I’m pretty sure everything he played for me back then has since leaked except for maybe a few demos of unreleased songs and Born to Die tracks. I remember him having something like 9 demos of Live or Die, and at that point, only one version was out there. One of the songs I remember taking the longest time to leak compared to when he first played it for me was I Want It All. That didn’t leak until 2017, but he played it for me in 2013 and I had even tweeted some of the lyrics after hearing it back then (my Ellclipse moment :toofunny:)

I haven’t seen him since 2014/2015 as I only get my hair done now like once a year and I’ve switched salons since his was pricey and he’s also hard to book, especially now since he’s one of their top master stylists, but I wonder if he still keeps up with Lana stuff. Really considering sending my friend in this week ready to ask about LDR9 since she’s also a fan and will already be there for her appointment anyway :oopna:

I would love to know how he made the connections to get the songs. That always interests me the most. Also, several demos of Live or Die would end me, that is one of my favorites. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I love waking up to insiders talking about the new record :crying4:

I'm super hype, and Wednesday can't get here soon enough! 

"Don’t forget me"

Dame Eclipse and Madame Boz, you have my attention. Sign me the fuck up. This is going to be the experimental batshit crazy masterpiece we've been waiting for; a cultural reset; the album of the motherfucking millennium. :true:

hillary-clinton-hillary.gif 

Since it seems clear that she hasn't worked with Jack very much on this record, this is a make or break album for a lot of people that haven't been too much of a fan of the last three albums (which is perfectly fine!!) :hoshet:

If you still don't like this upcoming one, it's probably safe to say that you just don't like where she's going as an artist and has less to do with Jack at all - and that is ok!!

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

37 minutes ago, Elle said:

Lol the story is pretty funny, so I’ll tell it. Back in 2013, a friend of a friend recommended him to me after I complimented her hair. I booked an appointment, and while I was in his chair he noticed my LDR phone case and he mentioned he was also a fan, so we struck up a conversation about Lana. He was playing music at his station, so he changed it to Lana so we could jam together while he was doing my hair. After a couple of songs, I noticed one I hadn’t heard before, and at this point I was pretty well-versed on Unreleased LDR tracks and kept up to date with leaks, but I still didn’t recognise this one. After asking about it, he smirked and made some sort of comment about how that one “wasn’t out there.” I went back to see him a few times, and each time he’d play Lana and other artists we both liked and there would be songs I wouldn’t recognise. Of course since this was so many years ago, I’m pretty sure everything he played for me back then has since leaked except for maybe a few demos of unreleased songs and Born to Die tracks. I remember him having something like 9 demos of Live or Die, and at that point, only one version was out there. One of the songs I remember taking the longest time to leak compared to when he first played it for me was I Want It All. That didn’t leak until 2017, but he played it for me in 2013 and I had even tweeted some of the lyrics after hearing it back then (my Ellclipse moment :toofunny:)

I haven’t seen him since 2014/2015 as I only get my hair done now like once a year and I’ve switched salons since his was pricey and he’s also hard to book, especially now since he’s one of their top master stylists, but I wonder if he still keeps up with Lana stuff. Really considering sending my friend in this week ready to ask about LDR9 since she’s also a fan and will already be there for her appointment anyway :oopna:

your life is so interesting like-

Just now, kaliuchis said:

all im asking for is a 6 minute jazz ballad (pretry much like terrence but more up tempo)

A DREAM

53 minutes ago, 111 said:

All you have to do is listen to her words and watch who she is dating to understand the vibe you'll get. 

She was unhappy with Chemtrails, she wanted to get it out asap and move onto Rock Candy Sweet (lol)/BB. She was unhappy because she felt like she couldn't say what she wanted to say about her family and she also felt like the production was too "Jacky" (sparse, letting the vocals and lyrics breathe while the production is as restrained as possible). That's not to say she doesn't like working with Jack, but during that period she was feeling rage and confronting her generational trauma after Sean. That's why she sought out different producers to give her moments like the ending of Black Bathing Suit or the drums on Wildflower Wildfire - angry, noisy, expressing her rage. That album was about her history, hence the lack of promo and the feeling of it being mixtape-y. Now that she got that out of her system and hopefully worked through some of her grief with her mother, comes the acceptance and grace as well as making it feel more like a proper rollout and era. She referenced Swan Song out of nowhere recently, a song about acceptance in some ways and moving on. She's also majorly influenced by the men she is dating due to her codependency: Francesco gave us beautiful Italian influenced vibes on Honeymoon, Berry gave us indie-rock vibes, G-Eazy gave us trap shit, Sean (and Nikki Flop) gave us midwest folk vibes, now I don't know much about Jack's music or personality but I see a lot of confidence, experimentation and a bit of witchy coven like vibes through the Neil flowers and W Magazine shoot. Flipping the narrative of her trauma of being the survivor of a cult and becoming a coven leader after processing her generational trauma? We'll see. :oprah:

Very beautifully written and agreed with both albums; Chemtrails was supposed to be this otherworldy declaration of love kinda record until the two split (see Text Book + Blue Banisters) and she was torn while working on both albums at the same time and decided to split the Jack songs from the other songs 'cause the folk soundscape was already set and the overall lyrical content of songs already written during the production of Chemtrails like Black Bathing Suit and Dealer (yes she did contemplate putting it on Chemtrails). Whatever this next chapter is musically and thematically, i know it's gonna blow us all away :wub:

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

your life is so interesting like-

LOL maybe once upon a time! Not so much anymore.

But in all seriousness, I’m not going to have my friend harass my old hairdresser about LDR9 :giggle: I don’t even know if he’ll be working the day she goes in for her appointment (or if he even keeps up with recent Lana stuff for that matter.) Plus, I'm pretty sure her appointment is the 6th, which is the day before the announcement, so I’m sure anything of interest will be revealed then! I’m so excited :excited: 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

this is all so exciting with her website down i think we’re getting the whole album announcement on wednesday which is just so :hdu::excited: i don’t think i’ve been this excited for one of her records since NFR BOZ’s teasing has got me so pumped for seeing what the vibe of the record is i can’t wait :omg: with all the new exposure she’s gotten we might just have LANA WORLD DOMINATION 2023 like she’s always deserved :crying4: between this SZA and Caroline we really are about to be fed female excellence over the next few months 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

caroline, sza, and lana on the same week we’re getting fed

1 minute ago, pin up galore said:

between this SZA and Caroline we really are about to be fed female excellence over the next few months 

we basically said the same thing at the same time :paris:

Edited by BartenderDeco