Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, 111 said:

All you have to do is listen to her words and watch who she is dating to understand the vibe you'll get. 

She was unhappy with Chemtrails, she wanted to get it out asap and move onto Rock Candy Sweet (lol)/BB. She was unhappy because she felt like she couldn't say what she wanted to say about her family and she also felt like the production was too "Jacky" (sparse, letting the vocals and lyrics breathe while the production is as restrained as possible). That's not to say she doesn't like working with Jack, but during that period she was feeling rage and confronting her generational trauma after Sean. That's why she sought out different producers to give her moments like the ending of Black Bathing Suit or the drums on Wildflower Wildfire - angry, noisy, expressing her rage. That album was about her history, hence the lack of promo and the feeling of it being mixtape-y. Now that she got that out of her system and hopefully worked through some of her grief with her mother, comes the acceptance and grace as well as making it feel more like a proper rollout and era. She referenced Swan Song out of nowhere recently, a song about acceptance in some ways and moving on. She's also majorly influenced by the men she is dating due to her codependency: Francesco gave us beautiful Italian influenced vibes on Honeymoon, Berry gave us indie-rock vibes, G-Eazy gave us trap shit, Sean (and Nikki Flop) gave us midwest folk vibes, now I don't know much about Jack's music or personality but I see a lot of confidence, experimentation and a bit of witchy coven like vibes through the Neil flowers and W Magazine shoot. Flipping the narrative of her trauma of being the survivor of a cult and becoming a coven leader after processing her generational trauma? We'll see. :oprah:

Wow this is how you write ladies ngl I’m shook at how eclipse went from p1nkh0l3f0r3v3r to eloquent Lana theory whew get yourselves a man who can do both :oprah:

Lana is going to give us murderous jazz lounge swing dipped in honey and rage with a sprinkle of 2013 pastel goth alt pop and I am going to EAT IT UP 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Ok I just listened to Ultraviolence for the first time in a few months and omg this upcoming album is not gonna top it. It is simply too good. It's like a greatest hits.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

3 minutes ago, picturebook said:

Ok I just listened to Ultraviolence for the first time in a few months and omg this upcoming album is not gonna top it. It is simply too good. It's like a greatest hits.

UV is insane because there’s god tier songs back to back to back…like you start with Cruel World, then Ultraviolence, then Shades of Cool, then Brooklyn Baby, then West Coast, then Sad Girl, then Pretty When You Cry…it’s so overwhelming :oprah:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

18 minutes ago, TextBook said:

I was checking the shipping taxes of Lana's European stores and I noticed that the French store temporarily stopped all of the orders :sass: 

"Something went wrong.

What happened?

Cette boutique n'accepte actuellement aucune commande."

It's happening :sideeye:

"What happened?"

"Cette boutique n'accepte actuellement aucune commande."

That was so dramatique. :oprah2:

The French store is updating its inventory, LDR9 coloured double LPs is coming!

i'm currently listening to blue banisters and working my way back to born to die - lana does everything she does so well, whatever genre it may be. i'm confident that her next album will be an absolute banger and i'm soooo giddy with excitement right now. she's my favorite artist by far and anytime there's a new album to look forward to, it feels like christmas :ahh:

5 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Wow this is how you write ladies ngl I’m shook at how eclipse went from p1nkh0l3f0r3v3r to eloquent Lana theory whew get yourselves a man who can do both :oprah:

omg you know pinkholeforever? :krylie: that was a moment urgh...

I love that I haven't done anything for university since Lana annouced the announcement bc I'm in a constant hype mode:trisha:

Also planned already the two weeks up to the release,  I only need a release date to do the final touches & cover , single,  tracklist to know some of the vibes so I can plan the release day. Only allowed myself to listen to one single this time to experience the album almost completly blind & no leaks this time 

It sounds crazy I know but I will start to get productive tomorrow so the time passes by faster but I need to live out the hype first :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

11 minutes ago, 111 said:

omg you know pinkholeforever? :krylie: that was a moment urgh...

Have you seen the album cover? :pout:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, Wait For Life said:

All I’m gonna say is that given Lana has basically said nothing about this album it’s because she has a masterpiece in her hands

she was super vocal about norman, snippets for every song, etc. And she knew norman was great, she was obsessed with Jack’s production and piano chords. I don’t really know how to interpret this silence

9 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

she was super vocal about norman, snippets for every song, etc. And she knew norman was great, she was obsessed with Jack’s production and piano chords. I don’t really know how to interpret this silence

i don’t think it’s much deeper than her label just telling her to shut up about the constant false dates, they were probably as tired as we are :stareney:

3 hours ago, 111 said:

All you have to do is listen to her words and watch who she is dating to understand the vibe you'll get. 

She was unhappy with Chemtrails, she wanted to get it out asap and move onto Rock Candy Sweet (lol)/BB. She was unhappy because she felt like she couldn't say what she wanted to say about her family and she also felt like the production was too "Jacky" (sparse, letting the vocals and lyrics breathe while the production is as restrained as possible). That's not to say she doesn't like working with Jack, but during that period she was feeling rage and confronting her generational trauma after Sean. That's why she sought out different producers to give her moments like the ending of Black Bathing Suit or the drums on Wildflower Wildfire - angry, noisy, expressing her rage. That album was about her history, hence the lack of promo and the feeling of it being mixtape-y. Now that she got that out of her system and hopefully worked through some of her grief with her mother, comes the acceptance and grace as well as making it feel more like a proper rollout and era. She referenced Swan Song out of nowhere recently, a song about acceptance in some ways and moving on. She's also majorly influenced by the men she is dating due to her codependency: Francesco gave us beautiful Italian influenced vibes on Honeymoon, Berry gave us indie-rock vibes, G-Eazy gave us trap shit, Sean (and Nikki Flop) gave us midwest folk vibes, now I don't know much about Jack's music or personality but I see a lot of confidence, experimentation and a bit of witchy coven like vibes through the Neil flowers and W Magazine shoot. Flipping the narrative of her trauma of being the survivor of a cult and becoming a coven leader after processing her generational trauma? We'll see. :oprah:

:oprah2::cryney2::kiss: thank you king 

Tumblr

6 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

A really great record and a masterpiece are not the same by far:hdu: perhaps he wasn't talking about Lana

Perhaps or maybe the initial novelty and appeal has worn off to him. He really isn't a Lana stan so I think it is safe to say he may tire of her easily/quickly. Either way still think "really great" and it being better than last two "by a landslide" are good signs that we are in for something newer, a bit different, and very interesting.