Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, brandon said:

the 10 cocc vinyl variants say otherwise 

That’s just sales though, they obviously care about sales. I don’t really see charts doing anything for Lana’s career or to boost the label’s success or sales. As long as she’s making them money, I can see them allowing a digital only release. Plus it allows them to boost her streams (where the money is nowadays) and capitalise on her current Spotify success. 

also, I don’t think Lana would keep mentioning it if the label weren’t at least open to the idea. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

14 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I wonder if she realizes the can of worms she's opened, the girls are perched and we're watching closely

gretchen-sharpening-knife.gif

she’s really not ready for the Lana fans to come at her :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, VioletBunny said:

That’s just sales though, they obviously care about sales. I don’t really see charts doing anything for Lana’s career or to boost the label’s success or sales. As long as she’s making them money, I can see them allowing a digital only release. Plus it allows them to boost her streams (where the money is nowadays) and capitalise on her current Spotify success. 

also, I don’t think Lana would keep mentioning it if the label weren’t at least open to the idea. 

Caring about chart placement isn’t a bad thing btw, almost every artist does :crai:

big chart placements do help, it’s basically free marketing and advertisement. If an album debuts at 20, people aren’t going to see it in headlines! If it debuts at 1/2, people (who may not have listened to it otherwise) will be like “woah! this album charted at #1, it must be good, i should give it a listen!”

Also, streams are NOT where the money is, do you know how little artists make from every stream?:toofunny:

Also I think she keeps mentioning it to try to persuade them to get behind it, not because they already are

i do think digital drops do decrease sales though and Interscope knows that. i used to be a big vinyl collector but i’ve cut down a lot; if Lana announced the album on wednesday with a release date next year i would be so excited that i would probably end up preordering a couple variants. if it’s a digital drop, i won’t be buying a physical edition unless i really really like the album, and even then i would probably wait until quite a bit later when i have some more money to throw around more wisely instead of my excitement making me make impulse purchases (hello to the 3 Chemtrails variants on my shelf I haven’t touched since March 2021). i think many people are in the same boat

2 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

maybe the release will be neither physical nor digital but something else entirely.. an involuntary livestream directly to our brains, sales be damned default_illumilana.gif

When she’ll release flexidiscs instead of vinyls and download cards instead of CDs then what?

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

10 minutes ago, brandon said:

Caring about chart placement isn’t a bad thing btw, almost every artist does :crai:

big chart placements do help, it’s basically free marketing and advertisement. If an album debuts at 20, people aren’t going to see it in headlines! If it debuts at 1/2, people (who may not have listened to it otherwise) will be like “woah! this album charted at #1, it must be good, i should give it a listen!”

Also, streams are NOT where the money is, do you know how little artists make from every stream?:toofunny:

Also I think she keeps mentioning it to try to persuade them to get behind it, not because they already are

I get this but my point is that it’s not unthinkable for Lana and her label to do it. It makes sense for her more than any other artist. 

We’re in the streaming era.. it’s called that for a reason😭

I think it just depends how you look at it. Obviously Lana’s team and the label will have a plan no matter how they do it, but I genuinely don’t think a digital only release would be bad for Lana at all. The only impact would be low vinyl sales. CDs and cassettes don’t even take that long to produce (right?) so surely they can do a no-vinyl release?

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Just now, SoftwareUpgrade said:

In b4 hundreds of ugly boxed download cards fill the cd aisles of my Barnes and Nobles, Target, and Walmart stores :hillary:

i actually bought that edition and i have no idea what i was expecting to get :hillary:
truly disappointing :hillary:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I get this but my point is that it’s not unthinkable for Lana and her label to do it. It makes sense for her more than any other artist. 

We’re in the streaming era.. it’s called that for a reason😭

I think it just depends how you look at it. Obviously Lana’s team and the label will have a plan no matter how they do it, but I genuinely don’t think a digital only release would be bad for Lana at all. The only impact would be low vinyl sales. CDs and cassettes don’t even take that long to produce (right?) so surely they can do a no-vinyl release?

Yeah cds and cassettes can be made pretty quickly, but at the current moment vinyl is kind where it’s at in terms of physical sales just because of collectors and whatnot. (like looking back at cocc’s physical numbers, a majority were vinyls, people don’t really seem to care much about the other two anymore:toofunny:)

also i know it’s called the streaming era but that’s just because that’s where most people get their music because it’s cheaper for the consumer, it’s not as lucrative for the artists, the payout kinda majorly sucks actually :crai:

2 hours ago, The Siren said:

just realized Lana is announcing this on the bday of my sister's twins :thumb3:

DOUBLE ALBUM CONFIRMED :hdu::hdu::hdu:

1 hour ago, aly said:

Double album confirmed :true:

Omg 😭😭 stoppp we made this at the same time

The way I just seen this after I commented THE SAME thing… Yupp it’s confirmation :krylie: