Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, The Siren said:

but its classified as an ep because of how short in length it is, both number of songs and time length.

also its an expansion of BTD

similar to The Fame/Monster and Animal + Cannibal, etc

Idk the exact specifics but I think it was initially it’s own body of work but the label didn’t want to stop the BTD train so they merged them. The length argument is moot I think considering artists are releasing LPs with 8 songs totalling 32minutes. 

There isn’t an exact classification for EPs and LPs anyway i don’t think. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

3 minutes ago, honey dew said:

It's gonna be a reset to reset all resets. A factory reset on the girls. Just like BTD. A new blueprint. Variety's Artist of the decade 2 decades in a row

considering the pop/mainstream music landscape right now, a reset is most certainly needed

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

but its classified as an ep because of how short in length it is, both number of songs and time length.

also its an expansion of BTD

similar to The Fame/Monster and Animal + Cannibal, etc

honestly the fame monster & cannibal could also be classified as albums :oprah3:

not to mention there's 8/9 track albums, etc

and that is my final word on this argument :true::awkney:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 12/2/2022 at 4:33 PM, Writer In The Dark said:

I don't care about the album's sound at this point because I will listen to anything when I'm in the right mood, but I want at least one song without her high-pitched voice and a falsetto. Give me deep and low vocals, Lana :worship:

Yes low vocals!! I also really want one song with the retrurn of her baby voice :brows: (which ofc, will never happenBeskrivning saknas.)

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Just now, Nova Times said:

I love violets. I wish we got the second book already, but im not considering it an actual music album. Theyre two distinctly different things and personally its better to respect them as such.

AKA and Sirens are kinda in a diff placement too, cus her true worldwide debut’s BTD imo

i include AKA as it was her debut record label album, just not major label.

Sirens is a demo album so it doesnt count as a studio album unlike the rest

:oopna2:

I kind of wish she released the poetry books under Elizabeth Grant instead bc I agree, I view them as a different & distinct venture from her that pulls on a complete different type of persona than her music. 

1 minute ago, VioletBunny said:

Idk the exact specifics but I think it was initially it’s own body of work but the label didn’t want to stop the BTD train so they merged them. The length argument is moot I think considering artists are releasing LPs with 8 songs totalling 32minutes. 

There isn’t an exact classification for EPs and LPs anyway i don’t think. 

well no, i mean the minimum for a studio album is like 26 minutes or something like that

14 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

small possibility of the whole album on friday aside, do you guys think we’re getting a single this week too or just an announcement?

Probably a single that very same day since she releases any day and not just on Fridays:brows:

Maybe she announces it for friday tho but I don't think we'll get just info this coming week

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i include AKA as it was her debut record label album, just not major label.

Sirens is a demo album so it doesnt count as a studio album unlike the rest

:oopna2:

Nah I think at the base of things, it’s not really the same. It’s a nice comforting thing to think about, but I think we all kinda know deep down that the impact kinda wedged the between. Feels like the paces and identities were separate as well.

UV/Honeymoon

3 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Can we all just follow what Wikipedia say’s?  lol be it 9 or 10..

I dgaf if it’s album 69 I just want new music

I think it’s 10 since Lana posted X a few times in reference to new music (or something i don’t even remember the context). The argument is just which ten albums she’s counting:toofunny:

personally I’m counting Paradise & Violets since she’s probably talking about her label releases & that’s probably what they call it internally at the label. 

Let's not do this conversation again...

What color do you think the vinyl is? :stareney2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

10 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

u should be REAL careful what u wish for!!!! :eartha2:

Tho honestly if a piano ballad as a lead single would  be/sound anything like one of her best songs... Is This Happiness?... I think I could take it :candy: but I HOPE it's not a piano ballad lead. It would be realistic tho expect that lmao

I love her piano ballads (even the recent ones) so I wouldn't mind but I guess something with a bit more punch would be more exciting as a lead single/first taste :dance:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Map of LA said:

Let's not do this conversation again...

What color do you think the vinyl is? :stareney2:

i feel like it could go one of two ways based on what we’ve seen 

dark colors: a deep blue, dark purple, dark green 

or

pastels & lighter shades:  light pink, grey, a minty green, sky blue

I think we should pull a Ben and say it's her ninth at least album :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: