Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Mer said:

what? No it wasn't, it was announced in QFTC and then delayed for months with no word except for "vinyl issues". 

I think they’re referring to when Lana announced the pre-order officially, since that is supposedly what is happening Wednesday. That came with tracklist, video teaser, album cover, and pre-order date. 

8V7Yvel.png

1 minute ago, vitriolkisses said:

Has anyone tried to find some of the titles through last.fm scrobbles? That’s how some people found album tracks from Caroline Polachek’s new record :popcorn:

wait really ??? I'm gonna try right now !!

Just now, NikoGo said:

instead of fighting lets focus on our new single that's, and I quote, "It's easily her best in a while. Insanely poetic, nostalgic, full of warmth, with stunning orchestral arrangement, rich vocal layering and large build up."

maybe she repurposed a behind the iron gates poem and turned it into a song :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

sometimes orchestral pop can be very bland and faceless.. this is Lana, so I'm sure that isn't the case here, but I hope there's something distinctive and unusual about the single, sonically speaking, some way that she's able to make it fresh and full of intrigue

Just now, Golden Hour said:

I think they’re referring to when Lana announced the pre-order officially, since that is supposedly what is happening Wednesday. That came with tracklist, video teaser, album cover, and pre-order date. 

oh i see. well anyways the chemtrails release was messy as fuck and let's not manifest that again 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Just now, ChaoticLipster said:

What’s actually going on I’m confused…please someone give me the details :defeated:

The lead single is called did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean boulevard, it’s 4:45 long, it’s out Friday and BOZ described it as her best song in a while, with a large orchestral arrangement and a large build throughout the song

Just now, Mer said:

what? No it wasn't, it was announced in QFTC and then delayed for months with no word except for "vinyl issues". 

that was an unofficial announcement because we also got an unofficial date, we got the music video teaser in december 2020 and then in january we got the official announcement with the preorder and everything else all at once

i love the title “did you know there’s a tunnel under ocean blvd” :defeated: its so mysterious and sweet??? reminds me almost of swan song like leading your lover into someplace unknown… IM SO READY :angie:

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

So like.. new single means new video (hopefully)

What are we hoping for??

do we think it’ll be big budget? homemade?

rich lee? chuck??

Remember her singing in that old swimming pool :makeup: 

Praying it was filmed there

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

instead of fighting lets focus on our new single that's, and I quote, "It's easily her best in a while. Insanely poetic, nostalgic, full of warmth, with stunning orchestral arrangement, rich vocal layering and large build up."

Ngl, this is all that matters to me rn. She can sing about Trump or Chuck's baby, just give us orchestra again.

If there's strings on this album (there has to be, strings and Lana are best friends after all), I hope they won't sound very synth keyboard-y and mastered to perfection.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, Beautiful Loser said:

If there's strings on this album (there has to be, strings and Lana are best friends after all), I hope they won't sound very synth keyboard-y and mastered to perfection.

yes PLS we need live instrumentation :angie: