Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Flowerbomb said:

Oh yeah, this font is the one

Untitled-design-94.png

Babe why do I unironically like this? We need to put you in charge of Lana’s album design.:lanahairflip3: Also the font looks really good when it’s bigger and not just small in the corner

1 hour ago, HoneymoonDaddy said:

Controversial Opinion: this font is hideous to me. The rose is cute, but not enough to make up for the chicken scratch handwriting 

I'm hoping the new font is indeed a hint at the tone of the cover. 70s vibes

I didn't know this was a controversial opinion. That font is so fugly to me :hillary:

Tumblr

Anyone latching themselves to the witchy foggy northern Cali beach vibez (which DOES sound lovely) is and has been setting themselves up for disappointment because as far as I can recall the only person who mentioned that was Ms. DragonWhore and weren’t they disproved?? 

In any case we are all allowed to have our feelings about things including fonts but it does read as a touch melodramatic when we haven’t seen the font in context. Let’s wait till she shows us the actual ugly ass cover to lose our heads yeah? 

Okay for real - I am not actively AGAINST it, I think it could be better, but I actually very lowkey like it? It doesn't scream Lana to me but to be fair I like being surprised by her and I'm curious to see how the aesthetics will develop for it. Fuck it, I love it :)

ZKcaooE.png

@NikoGo Kinda related but how's the Pre-Release thread looking? All shiny and new? :oop2: 

God I'm dying for a new thread :paris:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

1 minute ago, For K said:

@NikoGo Kinda related but how's the Pre-Release thread looking? All shiny and new? :oop2: 

I wanna be on the front page of the pre-release thread :trisha:

1 minute ago, For K said:

i love the chaos of this one and the fact that theres over 1000 pages :hide: im gonna miss this thread

3 minutes ago, JFKs Fine China said:

I didn't know this was a controversial opinion. That font is so fugly to me :hillary:

It's really hard to gage a general consensus on here :ohno: like there are people who have said Guns and Roses was bad for YEARS. Now all of sudden I'm seeing praise. So for the new album I'm gonna try and just form my own opinion first before looking at everyone's thoughts here when it drops :true:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Just now, annedauphine said:

The real tragedy here that Lana didn't use one of my typefaces for it... The actual fucking nerve of this woman, what am I a type designer for I s2g

your typefaces are miles better than anything she will eventually choose for any cover art. so many missed opportunities :icant:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

7 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Anyone latching themselves to the witchy foggy northern Cali beach vibez (which DOES sound lovely) is and has been setting themselves up for disappointment because as far as I can recall the only person who mentioned that was Ms. DragonWhore and weren’t they disproved?? 

In any case we are all allowed to have our feelings about things including fonts but it does read as a touch melodramatic when we haven’t seen the font in context. Let’s wait till she shows us the actual ugly ass cover to lose our heads yeah? 

the w magazine shoot is the main reason for said expectations

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg