Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 hours ago, NikoGo said:

"It's minimal input anyway, I see he is only credited for acoustic guitar, but for bass and electric guitars Jack is credited" BOZ about mike

jack’s bass and electric guitar sitting in his studio knowing they’ll end up muffled and drowned out by random horn farts again 
stan-twitter.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

was the electric guitar in venice bitch and the greatest not good enough? i feel like it's honestly pointless to compare him to dan auerbach because they're two different producers and we're not going to get a record that's exactly the same as ultraviolence, like, at some point we have to move on

i agree with you, the problem is people read "electric guitars" and automatically think of ultraviolence

Just now, Surf Noir said:

was the electric guitar in venice bitch and the greatest not good enough? i feel like it's honestly pointless to compare him to dan auerbach because they're two different producers and we're not going to get a record that's exactly the same as ultraviolence, like, at some point we have to move on

or lust for life too. i can’t believe people are still wishing for lana to go back to that sort of production (there’s no problem in wishing that) but like cmon now. lana is not going back to those beats :thumb3:

9 minutes ago, honey dew said:

COME ON Jack played electric guitar all over nfr and chemtrails and does ANYONE recall it being good, memorable, fly, hot, sexy,? 

see 8:00 + basically the entirety of this song lol. Sure it’s not straight up classical rock but it’s still a dreamy, warm, dense, droning, ethereal, nostalgic wall of sound. I don’t really expect this to change your mind cuz I’m this is shitposting but saying that the guitar in here is not good is just a weird hill to die on. I have some complaints about his production but electric guitar really isn’t one of them. Stop wanting the song to be bad because of one producer - it makes you look weird. 

sgopYhV.gif

"It's just so funny. But quite honestly every known instrument is listed in the credits so like.. We love an orchestra"

"Don’t forget me"

Lana, Jack, Zach and Mike hauling every instrument known to mankind into the studio

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952cxqipq2nf7676e16gvh

imageproxy.jpg