Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

My sugar daddy is buying me this vinyl and CD <3 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

32 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

see 8:00 + basically the entirety of this song lol. Sure it’s not straight up classical rock but it’s still a dreamy, warm, dense, droning, ethereal, nostalgic wall of sound. I don’t really expect this to change your mind cuz I’m this is shitposting but saying that the guitar in here is not good is just a weird hill to die on. I have some complaints about his production but electric guitar really isn’t one of them. Stop wanting the song to be bad because of one producer - it makes you look weird. 

And why the hell would I want the song to be bad

sazzybarb-bktidalwave.gif

9 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I hope we get a single cover regardless of the preorder coming tomorrow or not.

Even though since it's the title track it would be weird... or not really cause LFL and HM had single covers :um2:

COCC had one!

8V7Yvel.png

Definitely a very conversational album, like the title is not in capitals because it’s meant to be seen as a discussion…like she’s talking to a friend or family…did you know there is a tunnel under ocean blvd??! 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I want to cry right now, it's gonna be so good :krylie:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Definitely a very conversational album, like the title is not in capitals because it’s meant to be seen as a discussion…like she’s talking to a friend or family…did you know there is a tunnel under ocean blvd??! 

I love that he uses styles for song titles, like in NFR!

1 minute ago, trailerparkdream said:

I’m shook idek what to say abt the title 

I don’t hate it or love it 

does pre order mean tracklist reveal or am I stupid? 

not necessarily 

but let’s hope!

7 minutes ago, honey dew said:

And why the hell would I want the song to be bad

sazzybarb-bktidalwave.gif

when you guys piss and shit your pants at the mention of Jack when we have a 3 second snippet of the song, it’s gives weird self fulfilling prophecy vibes. Maybe it’s just me but I just can’t imagine groveling this much at the mere mention of 1/4 of the producers. Perhaps I’m critical of what I consume and not of what I’m expecting. It just looks weird and obsessive to me, soz. I don’t do this with other producers so i just feel like an outsider looking in. 

sgopYhV.gif

49 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

see 8:00 + basically the entirety of this song lol. Sure it’s not straight up classical rock but it’s still a dreamy, warm, dense, droning, ethereal, nostalgic wall of sound. I don’t really expect this to change your mind cuz I’m this is shitposting but saying that the guitar in here is not good is just a weird hill to die on. I have some complaints about his production but electric guitar really isn’t one of them. Stop wanting the song to be bad because of one producer - it makes you look weird. 

Normalize thinking that Jack Antonoff is a fine producer, that he made spectacular songs with Lana, like The greatest, Venice Bitch and/or White Dress--but also thinking he's not some revolutionary producer, like a contemporary Rick Ruben or Ph*l Sp*ct*r, that he's a talented guy but not all he touches is gold and his approach or creative process, while refreshing on certain songs, is completely dreary/jarring on others. That is all.

This is me being delulu but imagine a music video that is just one shot and its her going through the tunnel. Her tracing her hand on the walls 😭. I would be fed tbh:agree2:

And before y'all come for me its very on brand after those Blue banisters music videos 

tunnel-850x571.jpg

8 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

its so nice of him that he's buying me a copy as well :true:

KING

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.