Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Definitely!!! I was buying vinyls without having a record player and then a few years later I traded my blue born to die for a record player + red born to die and vbbotg lmao best exchange ever 

you traded your BLUE born to die for a record player? excuse me? 

scream-at-ride-by-lana-del-rey-g6hzk2dd4

oh my gosh enough of the "when is she announcing!?!" Posts :thumb2:

We don't know, there isn't a set time it'll happen. We're assuming it'll be in about 3 hours (so 12PM EST) but there is no way to know for sure.

With lana it could be 10 hours from now, or it could be 10 minutes

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Flowerbomb said:

It's like 6am in LA right now, she's probably in dreamland

:deadbanana: If she decides to announce it in the afternoon or evening, it‘s gonna be thursday for me. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

As somebody who had a cheaper record player for years before upgrading to an Audio Technica LP60XBT, it's like night and day. It truly is worth the investment for the sound quality. Honestly though for people that don't want to break the bank I loved my little Jenson turntable with built in speakers. it's cheap and the built in speakers did the job for like $50. :true:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

8 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

he's so tired of my ass talking about lana lmaooo

Mine is too lol :hide: yesterday he was begging me not to spend too much on Lana merch

3 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I have a vinyl player and a pretty large collection! I totally see the value in buying a vinyl if you can’t play it—half of it is the aesthetic experience. Having a large version of the artwork and booklet to look through is a lot of fun, and you can frame/display as well.

if you’re looking for a high quality, inexpensive (well, as inexpensive as they get without ruining your records *cough Crowley suitcase players*) record player, I’d recommend buying a discontinued one from Audio Technica, any version of the LP60, look for one with Bluetooth. You can beam it to a Bluetooth speaker or you can get a large double headphone jack and hook it to any speaker! It goes for $100-200 USD:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=audio+technica+lp60&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1311&_sacat=0

The ones on retail in India are about $700+ 

2 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

you traded your BLUE born to die for a record player? excuse me? 

yeah I had two of them and sold 2nd one, it was ugly, boring and rare for no reason 

Just now, yourolllikethunder said:

DAMN. I’m sorry, I wasn’t sure how bad it would be. I’ll let you know if I find any in India for a good price and quality through my searches!

You're so sweet omg :wub:

12 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

he's so tired of my ass talking about lana lmaooo

trust me everyone around me is tired of hearing about Lana as well, especially this last week  :eartha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Just now, mlittle11 said:

i cant believe some of u guys stayed up all night as if lana gonna announce anything in the middle of the night :hide: i dont think shes ever done that or will ever do that

Well...

6 minutes ago, littleseashell said:

Same they're more like art to me and Lana's vinyls are too special for me to play. I'd have a meltdown if I damaged some rare variant so no. I don't have a player yet but I'm willing to play those I have from other artists :oop2:

i would play the uo editions of ultraviolence & honeymoon on my bad record player before i got my good one & that haunts me to this day but they still sound great so maybe it was not really a big deal. luckily most records are pretty durable

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif