Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

lust for life 2.0 done correctly would be a complete SERVE if done correctly, lust for life has a LOT of potential & it’s outtakes (lust for life demo, if i die young, valley of the dolls, serene queen) are some of her best songs in recent times, if she taps into that witchy, folky, introspective, translation from honeymoon, as it was meant to be, this album could be one of her best!

it makes sense too since she followed rick nowels again, & visiting all of these different locations (new york, portofino, london) reflects the eclectic nature of lust for life’s soundscape (acoustic, pop, trap, alternative, electronic)

WGe8ynS.gif

I can't imagine what a LFL 2.0 would sound like, since LFL was such a smorgasbord and compromise. A little bit of everything? A lot of tracks? A lot of features? A good song turned into a bland, would-be commercial single? 

Maybe Honeymouns just said that because she reposted the LFL trailer, and hasn't actually heard anything. 

It seems to me that after COCC and BB, a LFL 2.0, at least as I conceive it, would be pedaling backward.  

Anyway, unless there are some hard facts behind his choice of words (like a lot of features, or cut songs like 'Serene Queen' being included on the new album, or the many 'political songs' Lana cut from LFL), 'LFL 2.0' is probably a very subjective choice of words.  

I really hope insiders know something we don’t & aren’t just speculating!!

I know I’ve said this before, but (while I don’t think it’ll be **exactly** LFL 2.0), I definitely think they’ll share traits. 

It explains so much:

-rumors and hints of multiple producers

-Lana’s team sending a track to Pusha T

-Jack saying there’s a pool of more upbeat songs we haven’t heard 

-Lana also implying essentially stream of consciousness, wordy tracks

-Kali Uchis saying Lana reached out for a collab

-Lana experimenting with multiple genres at once

-Lana wishing for a Migos collab while wearing the mysterious “DNC” jacket

Lana always described Chemtrails to be Norman’s little sister, and I’d love for LDR9 to be LFL’s more mature but still eclectic and vast sister :) 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

The songs are wordy and conversational because she's actually casting spells.

🕯️ escucha las palabras de las brujas 🕯️

the collapse when the album is just

🕯 te rogo, qui infernales partes tenes, commendo tibi Iulia faustilla marii filia, ut eam celerius abducas et ibi in numerum tu habias 🕯

(ancient curse from carthage of the roman empire from around the 1 to 3rd century, it's a death curse and roughly translates to "i ask you who holds rule over the underworld to take her as quickly as possible and have her in your number of the dead".. azealia shaking in her boots rn)

Does anyone else remember Lana saying her team wouldn’t let her go full-blown with the space concept during the LFL era? (I think it was specific to a music video.)

Anyway, the rocket emoji, her creating an Instagram story called “Stars align” which includes photos from her new photoshoot, then her posting about the planetary positions on her birthday…..

a perfect time to release her spacey Oh Say Can You See:ma:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I wouldn't be surprised if she put some scrapped LFL tracks from witchy/space/futuristic concept and some upbeat NFR tracks but reworked. She mentioned in October she has already songs she loves and in December LDR9 is better than BB. This means she had bright concept where to go in next album. (maybe even 2 albums:bebe:)

Ok, here are some new guesses for the “C” of DNC with all of these planetary references: 

-cosmos

-celestial

-constellations

-comet

-collision (like neutron collision lol)

-crescent 

-cluster

-Cassiopeia (it’s a constellation, but in mythology, the woman was cursed to the sky because of her narcissism) 

that’s all I can conjure up for now:whatever2:

Sylvia Plath 

38 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

I know RBFY realistically wouldn’t fit in in an angry album but see the vision: The album starts, a beautiful orchestra leading into Roses Bloom For You, little birds chirping in the back, “now life’s a dream…” and then it all comes crashing down there are distorted instrumentals she starts SCREAMING it turns angry it’s abrasive it’s uncomfortable heavy beats electric guitar yeah no yeah exactly 

zach-campbell-zachary-campbell.gif

BITTTTTTCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH MY CUNT

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Ok, here are some new guesses for the “C” of DNC with all of these planetary references: 

-cosmos

-celestial

-constellations

-comet

-collision (like neutron collision lol)

-crescent 

-cluster

-Cassiopeia (it’s a constellation, but in mythology, the woman was cursed to the sky because of her narcissism) 

that’s all I can conjure up for now:whatever2:

“ceres” which i believe is an asteroid, also a common asteroid in terms of astrology 

WGe8ynS.gif

5 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

“ceres” which i believe is an asteroid, also a common asteroid in terms of astrology 

Omg wait that’s especially neat considering that ceres in astrology (which we know Lana loves) is related to changes in a woman’s life, grief, familial connections, nature, etc.

Dancing Near Ceres:krylie:

Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Omg wait that’s especially neat considering that ceres in astrology (which we know Lana loves) is related to changes in a woman’s life, grief, familial connections, nature, etc.

disappointing natal chart :true:

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

That would be too good I can’t 

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

disappointing natal chart :true:

it took me way too long to realize the DNC reference:oopna: 

ugh I remember after NFR’s release that she said she had star signs in mind for her next album.

I almost wonder if maybe astrology got strewn into some of the bombastic songs that didn’t get included in COCC. Then again, maybe she was just referencing the cancer/leo lyrics in Chemtrails (the song) lol

Sylvia Plath 

"Automatic writing, also called psychography, is a claimed psychic ability allowing a person to produce written words without consciously writing" :creepna:

She also said she was meditating.

I know she probably meant it more like "free writing" but I'll live in the witchy LDR9 vibes that I've created in my head until further notice :true:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

it took me way too long to realize the DNC reference:oopna: 

ugh I remember after NFR’s release that she said she had star signs in mind for her next album.

I almost wonder if maybe astrology got strewn into some of the bombastic songs that didn’t get included in COCC. Then again, maybe she was just referencing the cancer/leo lyrics in Chemtrails (the song) lol

does anybody remember that lyric she shared in an interview, talking about crustaceans & carrying somebody like a crab? i wonder what that was 

WGe8ynS.gif

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

does anybody remember that lyric she shared in an interview, talking about crustaceans & carrying somebody like a crab? i wonder what that was 

The only crustacean reference I can think of is from Quiet Waiter Blue Forever (“I’m the crying crustacean,”) but I’ll start searching:ma:

Sylvia Plath