Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

If we’re getting a Blue Banisters 2.0 I just hope she goes in the direction of Thunder and Dealer cause the songs she actually recorded for the album that weren’t from 2013/2017 kinda worry me. (Except BBS, a very excellent song).

i just do not want another beautiful

NID033s.jpg?2             Grl3wH1.jpg?2          pBsohTp.jpg?2

i think part of the beauty that is blue banisters is the carrying hollow that's found in the overall atmosphere and production of the entire album. i think it has a great capacity to hit harder for those who didn't have the sweetest of starts and the emptiness that others might've not really understood/ can't connect with, is a great representation of finding beauty and value in even the tragedy of wanting to reach the bare minimum of calm. 

i think after the theorized tiredness she's lived thru nfr carried to a need for a breath of fresh air that's chemtrails, to the looming return of uncovered personal topics that the album shyly and subtly shares, it's an intergenerational album that has a great capacity for nurturing those that need it. i think it's a powerful thing that deserves a little more understanding at least. and it's literally amplified more, past and after the spinning thru the journey of the world's stage. it's a great measurement / ref point. 

w how tnbar was altered a bit to portray more layers of an unhealthy attachment with a twist of sarcastic retorts, the unreleased tracks do have a role of fulfilling the motives of regret, anguish, hope and dreaming that make total sense with the rest of the album's world. 

it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but i personally take it as a great big deal of the opening up of her world like this.

u wouldn't spit on a person that u saw was going thru it/ sad. and how can u be trusted w more if u can't at least appreciate what u already have now first. 

I'm also kinda worried about the lack of news and insider silence but I don't think it means the album is too far away.

If the single was coming, let's say hot summer nights mid July, we could be getting an announcement (or an insider spill) in a couple of weeks.

BB was also complete silence after the first teaser and we suddenly were told 3 singles were coming so... :brows:

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

It being emotional & touching deeper topics doesn’t mean it’s good lmao. It is a messy album, with half of it being older songs clumped together, and 3 of them being literal youtube rips. I don’t see it as a full body of work, it’s literally a compilation album. The older songs are some of the best tho, songs like Beautiful and VOTBG are just bad & boring TBH. The “You don’t like it cause you don’t get it” mindset is so annoying & pretentious lol, we get the references, it just ain’t a great album  

I agree with you that it is a super messy album. Even disregarding the YouTube rips. In Thunder you can hear the old production under the new one. It’s like they couldn’t isolate the vocals and she didn’t want to re-record them, so they just left the old instrumental there. Then Arcadia and Beautiful had really bad audio clipping issues. I really feel like BB should have been a 8 or 9 track EP like Paradise. It would at least feel less messy and rushed. As much as I want new Lana music, I would rather wait for a quality album than get another album like that again. 

8 hours ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

I’m gonna say something controversial before the next album comes. Those of y’all who paint BB as messy and complain that it’s songs we’ve already had or that it’s boring obviously are missing the entire point. It truly is a healing album. It details the struggles of addiction and heartbreak and trying to find family again when you had none. Men who come and go because a bottle is more important to them. Finding your own family because maybe it never came easy for you. Trying not to be self destructive and angry. It’s deeply emotional when you fully understand all her references and there’s a lot. Y’all were just upset it wasn’t milfymoo clubbycloo death drop into a split werq the house down boots slay

BB has some great songs, but I think it’s justifiable to call it messy. For me I wasn’t hugely upset about old songs, disappointed but not that bothered….what did bother me is the quality of them being poor,  like Cherry Blossom were quite flat and dull.  If she re-recorded her old songs with some new production it would have been transformative.

With BB I think Lana had recorded a few songs Arcadia, BB and WW and Textbook, she didn’t know what to do with  them yet or if they should form an album…this is why she released three at once.  It was a later decision to add other songs to form a full album, and fill the album with unreleased/leaked songs to form a record. I don’t think it’s something she planned, ‘ Rock Candy Sweet’ was what she was working on as an album and these other songs didn’t fit together on that project so she decided to release them on a separate album.  I think most songs from BB were also left over from Chemtrails.  So to begin with the planning for it was messy and lacking direction. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

9 hours ago, World At War said:

starting to think the reason we have no news is there's no news to have:toofloppy:

Yeah, considering the album wasn't titled in May & we haven't gotten any other news/hints besides the possible FJM feature I think that this album won't be here for a while.

Spoiler

Although I don't like waiting, I don't want something rushed like BB, so I'll accept it

tKarQzh9I1oehvAEU4qCaGDYWfhYuZfiQSz_1KZ7Fq3u5JCK_PX0cFSSJhbs0lGbwZslBP409kj5A-1-j5jVGFecj-g_S95EuJGC0nZz87rVNgQ9iU5GRP7ZZJiwkI8Xx8NHwuZ6M-JKMMC27WqRuWI

I’m gonna say something controversial before the next album comes. Those of y’all who paint BB as messy and complain that it’s songs we’ve already had or that it’s boring obviously are missing the entire point. It truly is a healing album. It details the struggles of addiction and heartbreak and trying to find family again when you had none. Men who come and go because a bottle is more important to them. Finding your own family because maybe it never came easy for you. Trying not to be self destructive and angry. It’s deeply emotional when you fully understand all her references and there’s a lot. Y’all were just upset it wasn’t milfymoo clubbycloo death drop into a split werq the house down boots slay

You had me till the last sentence. Maybe some people just didn’t like it…? We gotta let the pretension go in 2022 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

BB is a messy album, while it's not bad, it's not Lana's best work. You're allowed to like/praise it, but don't pretend like others just don't get it. As for the last sentence, Lana literally never did anything like that, and why would we expect something like that after COTCC?

tKarQzh9I1oehvAEU4qCaGDYWfhYuZfiQSz_1KZ7Fq3u5JCK_PX0cFSSJhbs0lGbwZslBP409kj5A-1-j5jVGFecj-g_S95EuJGC0nZz87rVNgQ9iU5GRP7ZZJiwkI8Xx8NHwuZ6M-JKMMC27WqRuWI

8 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

Yeah, considering the album wasn't titled in May & we haven't gotten any other news/hints besides the possible FJM feature I think that this album won't be here for a while.

Hide contents

Although I don't like waiting, I don't want something rushed like BB, so I'll accept it

Is it the case the album isn’t titled or she isn’t ready to disclose the title? Most likely she HAS a few titles and is just being indecisive as usual. I don’t want her to announce another  ‘Rock Candy Sweet coming June 1st’  I’d rather she was sure. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

8 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think the interview may be older than the pics. I doubt they did it all in one day considering the magazine came really quickly after the photoshoot (so I guess they had everything but the photos :hide:).

I don't think they made the Gucci guy (director?) fly to NY just to talk with Lana (and since they are friends they could have just made it by text or skype some random day :oic3:)

Of course it may be untitled and not even close to be done but Lana always has a title ready very early (even if she ends up changing it :thumb2:) so it's kinda suspicious considering Ben teased a new album already 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

since when has lana cared about touring recent songs 😭 her next tour is gonna be 30% BTD 30% NFR 15% UV 15% LFL and maybe 10% of COTCC and BB

I think you should re-read what I posted because that’s my point :rip: she only sings like 2-3 songs from new albums on her tours and there’s a risk of her singing basically 0 from COCC - her newest release, would at least want a snippet of White Dress or Thunder live :toofloppy:

sgopYhV.gif

honestly i can relate to a lot of the topics lana talks about in bb n it hits close to home but that doesn’t mean i cant use my ears n hear that that album was a mess.

some of the songs are great (three singles, bbs), others are some of lanas worst work (beautiful), and all the in between is pretty boring. there’s literal youtube rips on it. it wasn’t an album that was fully thought out. no one can deny that. if you somehow think that bb is some of lanas best work, you’re objectively wrong. 

if we get another bb-type album, i don’t think i’ll be listening to it. i never even listen to bb. 

I really like BB---except for the title track [and 'The Trio'], which, for me, starts out so awkwardly. It seems rushed to me, in terms of its composition. 

But I love the rest. The problem, which many have noted here, is that most of us already knew 7 of the tracks well, from start to finish, backward and forward, which was almost half the album. So there was, to say the least, a Stan-wide sense of the BB being anti-climatic. Luckily, I loved IYLDWM, VFR, and 'Arcadia,' and BBS to a lesser degree, so that helped me enjoy it. I like the side(s) of Lana's personality that it reveals. 

For LDR9, having read this thread carefully, it seems that 96% of us or so want LDR9 to be all new, and contain no leaked tracks, especially in their original form. More energy is also something most of us seem to be clamoring for. 

But let's be real: we're going to get what we're going to get, and right now, no one seems to have any actual knowledge of what LDR9 sounds like, assuming LDR9 is going to be another album of her own songs, and not a collaboration with NL or the 'Standards' album, which I could certainly see her dad contributing to. 

With Lorde, Taylor, and other female artists stepping up their game recently, it would be terrific if Lana would shock the hell out of us and world and give us something she's never done before and that has a great deal of energy and shows a sense of mastery over her art. 

18 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

honestly i can relate to a lot of the topics lana talks about in bb n it hits close to home but that doesn’t mean i cant use my ears n hear that that album was a mess.

some of the songs are great (three singles, bbs), others are some of lanas worst work (beautiful), and all the in between is pretty boring. there’s literal youtube rips on it. it wasn’t an album that was fully thought out. no one can deny that. if you somehow think that bb is some of lanas best work, you’re objectively wrong. 

if we get another bb-type album, i don’t think i’ll be listening to it. i never even listen to bb. 

When I hear 'Beautiful,' and then 'French Restaurant,' I can't understand why the former makes the cut, but really intense songs like the latter do not. I assume she thinks of FR, as we know it at least, as a fragment, and 'underdeveloped,' the way she seemed to think that the original 'Lust For Life' was too underdeveloped to be left alone or included on LFL. The same with 'If I Die Young'--I'd rather have had it, 'LFL,' or 'FR' than 'Beautiful.' 

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

I'd rank BB somewhere in the middle of her discography, and yet it's one of my most listened albums. Not sure why. And I'm still sad that she didn't keep the strings in Beautiful.

I also enjoy it a great deal--I play it more than any other of her albums, followed by COCC and 'Paradise.' The string version of 'Beautiful' leaked and can be located. 

17 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

i don’t want to talk about bb anymore let’s talk about what kind of artwork and aesthetic we hope the album embodies visually or something Lz6Okux.jpg

but we dont have any information to go off of :cryney: all we can do is discuss past work n hope she either does or doesn’t repeat herself

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

i don’t want to talk about bb anymore let’s talk about what kind of artwork and aesthetic we hope the album embodies visually or something Lz6Okux.jpg

i hope it does not have the blue banisters visuals

NID033s.jpg?2             Grl3wH1.jpg?2          pBsohTp.jpg?2