Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

All the predictors who said we would get something in June or early July were sadly wrong :(

in their defense Ben did say "new music incoming" and "New music soon" in early June so June/July felt logical at the time :smile3:

"Don’t forget me"

3 hours ago, paradisetropico said:

i have a suspicion there is no ldr9. it’s all hype “coming soon” my azzzzz

I agree, we got spoiled with two albums last year. I don't see another one coming this year

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i hope all of the tracks on this album are recent (2020-2022) & aren’t ultraviolence scraps (unless they’re entirely reworked) or leaked songs we already have :oprah3:

I adore you and this is not directed towards you at all, but I don't understand most of the fan complaints about leaked tracks making records

First, it's "this song deserved to be on the album, wow how could she not release this!"

Then, when it makes the album in an altered form in some way, it's "she ruined it by changing it!"

Then, when it makes the album in its exact form, it's "we've had this song forever, how lazy!"

I think people should pick a lane about this issue. I get it's all subjective and people are going to have different reactions to reworked tracks, and no one has to like everything she does, but I find it inconsistent sometimes

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Can someone give me an example of a raw song lana did by the past? I struggle to get the meaning of the word, I feel like it can mean one thing or another depending on who we’re talking about. :crossed:

1 minute ago, fierybkn said:

Can someone give me an example of a raw song lana did by the past? I struggle to get the meaning of the word, I feel like it can mean one thing or another depending on who we’re talking about. :crossed:

Not sure who originally posted this, but I get "raw" vibes from Pretty When You Cry, Wildflower Wildfire, Cruel World, Ultraviolence, Living Legend

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I adore you and this is not directed towards you at all, but I don't understand most of the fan complaints about leaked tracks making records

First, it's "this song deserved to be on the album, wow how could she not release this!"

Then, when it makes the album in an altered form in some way, it's "she ruined it by changing it!"

Then, when it makes the album in its exact form, it's "we've had this song forever, how lazy!"

I think people should pick a lane about this issue. I get it's all subjective and people are going to have different reactions to reworked tracks, and no one has to like everything she does, but I find it inconsistent sometimes

the thing is, I love the leaked tracks that made it to BB, but it did feel underwhelming cause we’ve had them for a while, so the whole experience was less exciting, plus almost half the album were tracks we already heard except iyldwm 

1 minute ago, Thunder said:

Not sure who originally posted this, but I get "raw" vibes from Pretty When You Cry, Wildflower Wildfire, Cruel World, Ultraviolence, Living Legend

a serve then

Just now, fierybkn said:

the thing is, I love the leaked tracks that made it to BB, but it did feel underwhelming cause we’ve had them for a while, so the whole experience was less exciting, plus almost half the album were ’ tracks we already heard except iyldwm 

I totally get that and it's super valid to feel that way! I personally feel that Cherry Blossom and Living Legend fit perfectly on the record with their maternal imagery/lyrics of that last section. I could have done without Thunder, but it is what it is. 

11 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

There is "raw"

Spoiler

Pretty When You Cry, Cruel World, Wildflower Wildfire, Living Legend, Black Bathing Suit 

Screenshot_20220708-192835-816.png

And there is "raw" 

Spoiler

Beautiful, Arcadia, Cherry Blossom, Nectar of the Gods, Blue Banisters 

Screenshot_20220708-192814-903.png

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

22 minutes ago, Thunder said:

for the record, i’m somebody who is very against the idea the idea of putting leaked tracks onto albums because of the fact that they’re already out there & people have heard them, especially in the case of blue banisters where the leaked tracks were recorded 8 years prior to the other tracks & are still at a demo stage of recording, i think it’s better if the track is reworked, though, but with the case of thunder, she didn’t re-record the vocals & from what i’ve heard (i only listened to the album version once) it was like they filtered out the previous instrumental, idk, i think it’s subjective & nuanced, i do consider adding leaked tracks without any changes a bit lazy & less enjoyable to me compared to entirely new songs, but that’s just how i feel

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

anna is in nyc but she’s not w lana today according to her insta story but that doesn’t mean she wasn’t with lana other days :agree:

according to a person on twitter, lana was seen on michigan ave in chicago yesterday. i think she's visiting jack because he was there on the 4th and that's his hometown :sluttybunny: but we know she was in NY on the 4th

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

for the record, i’m somebody who is very against the idea the idea of putting leaked tracks onto albums because of the fact that they’re already out there & people have heard them, especially in the case of blue banisters where the leaked tracks were recorded 8 years prior to the other tracks & are still at a demo stage of recording, i think it’s better if the track is reworked, though, but with the case of thunder, she didn’t re-record the vocals & from what i’ve heard (i only listened to the album version once) it was like they filtered out the previous instrumental, idk, i think it’s subjective & nuanced, i do consider adding leaked tracks without any changes a bit lazy & less enjoyable to me compared to entirely new songs, but that’s just how i feel

Nah that's totally valid - I more so meant "any change" rather than "rework," because we know that she hasn't been the most motivated to do the latter lol 

Some people just complain both ways, they want these leaked tracks to make her albums, but still complain whichever way she goes about it