Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

@Whore of Tropico

1 Album title - The Big

Powerful, strong, meaningful, memorable like NFR, UV, BTD

2. Album artwork - The Sword

Giving the same vibes as title, strong, raw but not simple. Giving art vibes

3. Album soundscape / sound direction - The Change

New sound from her, not completly different (having some vibes from previous 8 projects) but overally many songs have something brand new from her

4. Album release time - The Silent

NFR case. Date announcement will be unexpected, album release shortly after that. Waiting kinda drought but worth it

5. Album lyrical content - The Maze

Complex lyrics, many themes, every song has different subject and whole album is exit. All roads will lead to exit, but ones roads are shorter, ones longer (track lenghts), another ones more complicated while some are simpler (song build)

6. What this album/era represents - The Shield

Vulnerable woman in armor.

"You can break me up

Sticks and stones would break my bones

But I don't give up" energy

WAIT WAIT, BUT...

WHY THE FUCK HAVE I JUST NOTICED THAT I DREW THE SWORD & SHIELD CARD?

These are like a pair go hand-in-hand. :oprah: This is NOT A COINCIDENCE

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Okay after thinking & contemplating - here is my delulu take on the cards (please God let this be a sign from Lana) i randomly drew after casting a spell to ask them about LDR9 

The Big - album title clue - Yes, this is indeed another "shockingly" impactful album title. It's not going to be something so usual like "Paradise" or "Honeymoon", it's going to be "Norman Fucking Rockwell" level (à la the latest @Elle dream about a super long / complicated album title as well), so its either going to be like extra, expressive & out there like "NFR" or its going to be complex, but will be inpactful & iconic regardless (Blue Banisters was a boring title tho, but i still love the song).

The Sword - album artwork clue - this gives me a cut-throat kind of cover. It's going to be something against our expectations, even aesthetic standards. Its going to be something really "in your face" (since Lana said it's an angry album). It might be giving "battle for your life, Babylon" energy, bad bitch Lana for sure.

The Change - soundscape - indeed a new sound direction from her (but to be honest i am scared that Change means the "Change" song itself - a piano ballad = perhaps a whole album full of piano lullabies, which I dont manifest at all, dont bully me)

And also, whats interesting is The Change card resembles a chameleon - which reminds me of that "My mother told me that I had a chameleon soul..."  line in Ride Monologue. Which we really need to get into 

The Silent - Album release time - Well, so far, what do we have? Silent. Zero thing to be heard or ensured from any insider (still count on you @DragonWhore), I dont think the card neccessarily tells us when this album is out but reflects this phase of our pre-pre-release time - Silence. But this could be a sign for a surprise release / surprise announcement 24h before the official drop  (like what taylor did with folklore/evermore) - Everything must remain silent until then.

Side bar: In the anime, "Silent" card also has the ability to push anyone who makes any sort of noise far away from itself, keep the atmosphere around it remain silent & peaceful. I really think this might have something to do with LDR9 overall theme. (And streets were saying that Lana's team has been shutting down all the possible leakers this time around, make them go silent).

The Maze - Album Lyrical content - Conversational, wordy, complex lyrics which might be more difficult to figure out, just like a maze - in this case, maze of her mind.

The Shield - What the album will represent -  This album will be her angry album according to her & for a person like Lana: to be angry is to be defensive, hence what she said on Twitter back then, something like "Woman still cant be mad?"  - a commentary on society for criticizing her for being mad & angry rationally. Your anger is your armor, what protects you. This is might be what this album represent - her armor.

And The Shield & The Sword are two cards that go hand-in-hand in this Clow card deck. While Sword can turns Sakura's sealing wand into a powerful weapon, Shield makes up an invisible force surrounds Sakura to protect her in the anime. I drew out these 2 for the same questions about LDR9 & its not a coincidence :hair:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 hour ago, palemoonbaby said:

5. Album lyrical content - The Maze

Complex lyrics, many themes, every song has different subject and whole album is exit. All roads will lead to exit, but ones roads are shorter, ones longer (track lenghts), another ones more complicated while some are simpler (song build)

I actually like this take - "all roads will lead to exit" sounds like the album will have an "outro" track as 'exit music' 

1 hour ago, sad angel forever said:1.

5. Album lyrical content - The Maze: It's gonna be complex. Mazes have lot of paths, so the lyrics could be interpreted in different ways. You can be easily lost, but if you find the right path you can find the exit. Maybe she feels lost (in herself/in her life/in the world). She tries to find a coping mechanism through her writing. 

the more we get into it, the more the Maze card makes sense :trisha:

I have idea for "Sword" cover.

Lana is kneeling with wide spread legs on the beach, really close to sea, waves are hitting her legs. In background we see cloudy sky, rocks, warer. She is "naked" and holding sword/knife stucked in the sand. Her face is like "I have much pain but I won". Cover is B&W

9 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

I have idea for "Sword" cover.

Lana is kneeling with wide spread legs on the beach, really close to sea, waves are hitting her legs. In background we see cloudy sky, rocks, warer. She is "naked" and holding sword/knife stucked in the sand. Her face is like "I have much pain but I won". Cover is B&W

I love this idea.
Maybe with painting canvas (à la bombastic NFR sequel) & her naked but we see pose like put the sword in her back, ready to attack something (like Grimes in Player of Games)

25 minutes ago, brandon said:

Her insta story… the mic in her hands…

is she gonna come out and sing a song w jack? 👀 

They're debuting her new song "I Must Be Happy for Being So Stupid"

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

If Lana goes and sings a song with Jack tonight, if it's not one that's already released, I guarantee we're never hearing it again :eartha2: #JusticeForHeyBlueBaby

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

They're debuting her new song "I Must Be Happy for Being So Stupid"

922629437441335337.webp?size=96&quality=

3 hours ago, Super Movie said:

If Lana goes and sings a song with Jack tonight, if it's not one that's already released, I guarantee we're never hearing it again :eartha2: #JusticeForHeyBlueBaby

922629437441335337.webp?size=96&quality=

3 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

god is she still hanging out with that gremlin

611913877982281749.webp?size=96&quality=

The slight delulu in me thinks if an album is coming any time soon, this is her chance to announce. We all know she loves randomly dropping announcements at shows. 

Spoiler

This is 1. If she’s there 2. If she’s coming in stage 3. If the album is even ready (which hmmmm idk)

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

8 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Okay guys, since we have nothing to do. I decided to use my delulu dark magic & manifested it to ask the Clow cards (if u watch that Cardcaptor Sakura anime, you'll know what is up) about the LDR9. These are six cards I've just drawn from the deck to give us some clues to answer 6 following questions that I asked about Lana Del Rey's next era:

1. Album title - i got The Big

2. Album artwork - i got The Sword

3. Album soundscape / sound direction - i got The Change

4. Album release time - i got The Silent

5. Album lyrical content - i got The Maze

6. What this album/era represents - i got The Shield

Feel free to make your speculation of what these all mean based on the cards i drew. :oprah: Forget the insiders, this is a sign from Lana herself (yes, i contacted her through the cards)

XSsFcR8.jpg

Love these Clow Cards. Big fan of CCS! <3

45 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Because both of those artists have really shit aesthetics & sounds imo, would genuinely rather a Nikki lane collab than her working with Allie or Melanie- ever

ouch.

Cry Baby and Cape God are fire, at least to me.

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, baddisease said:

ouch.

Cry Baby and Cape God are fire, at least to me.

Cape God and her 2 collXtions + Cry Baby are amazing albums but I don't think their styles match at all. I think it's the same with Marina, great artists but they get grouped together cause they are from the tumblr era but they are too different for it to work

giphy.gif