Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

13 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Now hear me out (what else ya gonna do anyway since this thread is dry asf lmaoooo) If LDR9 were to take country direction, I wouldn’t object to a song like (or an exact cover of) Fruits of My Labor by Lucinda Williams. This song is a gorgeous, truly beautiful country/folky gem with a really nice melody and vocal delivery. Again, hear me out because there are so many parallels to the song and its references that tie back to LDR. 

Reveal hidden contents

My long winded theory and the similarities to LDR’s lyrics and recent rural America adventures are broken down by lyrical sections:

Baby, see how I been living
Velvet curtains on the windows to
Keep the bright and unforgiving
Light from shining through

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly these lines really served:

LDRW1.jpg

And

LDRW2.jpg

Baby, I remember all the things we did
When we slept together
In the blue behind your eyelids
Baby, sweet baby

Reveal hidden contents

Does it get any more LDR than blue? :agree: The song’s vibe and lyrics here really reminded me of TJF, longing for her lover to come back to her place, to not be afraid of her love. 

Traced your scent through the gloom
'Til I found these purple flowers
I was spent, I was soon
Smelling you for hours

Lavender, lotus blossoms too
Water the dirt, flowers last for you, baby
Sweet baby

Tangerines and persimmons
And sugarcane
Grapes and honeydew melon
Enough fit for a queen

Lemon trees don't make a sound
'Til branches bend and fruit falls to the ground, baby
Sweet baby

Reveal hidden contents

Lyrically the visual, floral, and citrus references are so on point with LDR. Purple flowers? Perhaps reminiscent of Violet. Lavender, cherry blossoms. Clementines Tangerines and persimmons. Everything you do is elusive to your honeydew. :oprah:

Come to my wolrd and witness
The way things have changed
'Cause I finally did it, baby
I got out of La Grange

Got my Mercury and drove out west
Pedal to the metal and my luck to the test, baby
Sweet baby

Reveal hidden contents

These lines almost gave me Lizzy vibes, as in she was in a trailer park following her passion but she finally got out and made something of herself. She too made the move out west :justride2: and is in beautiful Los Angeles. And yet, despite making it big, in some ways it feels like she’s still on that same road - this time in a more literal sense as she spends time in rural America around Texas and Oklahoma searching for a simpler life. More on that in the next spoiler

I been tryin' to enjoy
All the fruits of my labor

I been cryin' for you, boy
But truth is my savior

Baby, sweet baby
If it's all the same
Take the glory any day over the fame
Baby, sweet baby

Reveal hidden contents

Thematically the line “take the glory any day over the fame” feels like is so Lana as of late. She makes references to the simpler times of being a waitress in White Dress, and on top of that she has lyrics like “I’m not gonna change, I’ll stay the same” on DBJAG regarding fame. As a result, she’s enjoying the fruits of her labor by spending all of her time with friends and family and just living her life :true:

thank you for posting this :defeated: i've never really listened to Lucinda and this whole album is touching my soul so hard right now.  these new wave country girls could never

10 minutes ago, EARTHA CLIT said:

thank you for posting this :defeated: i've never really listened to Lucinda and this whole album is touching my soul so hard right now.  these new wave country girls could never

Aaahh you n me both, I’m so glad you love it Eartha Clit :trisha: 

You have such an iconic name too I can’t deal :lange:

The fact she has mentioned wanting a surprise release multiple times has me hopeful something could drop any day :wub:

And the fact she could satisfy so many people if she dropped that unreleased album. Imagine if Hollywood, QoD, Serial Killer, Fine China, and YtH were all properly released… what would we even be able to talk about?! :smile3: 

in the meantime… I’m dragging my bf to see that Vengeance movie tonight so I can fangirl at the end when American starts to play :crai: I’ve actually seen a lot of good reviews for this movie! I’m excited :hooker:

Spoiler

play house… put my favorite record on…. :krylie:

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

the delusion :paris:... but respect for the person who fools us with such good songs from (really) unknown Lana-like artists

The whole Rose Hotel - The House That We Knew EP is great, I added it to my library back when it was used as a fake LYTAN snippet.

Manifest angry!!! I need more screaming!!! 

Spoiler

I’m pretty sure my boyfriend of 3 years is cheating on me I need something to scream to:smokes:

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

My psychic senses tell me, something is coming OCtober 14th.  she has done collabs for this album with artists very much not associated with her, or even her usual genre.  She will make up with Azealia and feature her on a track.  Lana will be featured on M.i.A's new album.  it's giving Lana Del Rey does Linkin Park.  she experiments with heavy metal AND country IN THE SAME SONG, title track.  October 14.  mark my words

2 hours ago, aly said:

Manifest angry!!! I need more screaming!!! 

Reveal hidden contents

I’m pretty sure my boyfriend of 3 years is cheating on me I need something to scream to:smokes:

praying for u

2 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

praying for u

thank u :diva: let’s all manifest an album this year 

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

Yall I bought the w magazine and I was reading through the interview. It says they had country music playing during the photoshoot, say what you want but lana also recently posted “hope you like country music”. I have a theory that it’s not all country, but definitely influenced by it the way she says certain songs on born to die are country influenced. The comment about there being layers of orchestral instrumentation also makes me think that. Also random manifestation but I’m getting the same vibes from “Hey Blue Baby” that “Cherry Blossom” gave me before BB was released.