Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 minutes ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

Yall I bought the w magazine and I was reading through the interview. It says they had country music playing during the photoshoot, say what you want but lana also recently posted “hope you like country music”. I have a theory that it’s not all country, but definitely influenced by it the way she says certain songs on born to die are country influenced. The comment about there being layers of orchestral instrumentation also makes me think that. Also random manifestation but I’m getting the same vibes from “Hey Blue Baby” that “Cherry Blossom” gave me before BB was released.

HEY BLUE BABY CONFIRMATION

giphy.gif

IMG-3521.jpg

36 minutes ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

I have a theory that it’s not all country, but definitely influenced by it the way she says certain songs on born to die are country influenced. The comment about there being layers of orchestral instrumentation also makes me think that. 

funny thing is the bakersfield country scene was averse to the orchestral sound of nashville lol

We Have

Lana went into this cycle with a blank slate, Knowing we & our delusions would come up with some of the most charming ideas for LDR9.

So this time round she’s just taking notes for the first 1,000 Pages of this thread, She originally wanted this one to beat the Charli XCX thread, But Jack of all people asked her not to be that cruel.

Thanks Jack.

So we for 1,000 pages have to help Lana with the album.

I know we can do it!

IMG-3521.jpg

14 hours ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

Yall I bought the w magazine and I was reading through the interview. It says they had country music playing during the photoshoot, say what you want but lana also recently posted “hope you like country music”. I have a theory that it’s not all country, but definitely influenced by it the way she says certain songs on born to die are country influenced. The comment about there being layers of orchestral instrumentation also makes me think that. Also random manifestation but I’m getting the same vibes from “Hey Blue Baby” that “Cherry Blossom” gave me before BB was released.

Yes! She also said on the live for BB that the Harry Nilsson song playing in the background, and his music in general, was an important part of what’s to come — I’m guessing her automatic singing has lead to a more country/folk modern hybrid kind of like parts of BBS (it wasn’t country but had that kind of western flare to it IMO)!

It makes sense that insiders are silent/clueless cause she probably hasn't formally submitted anything to her label yet.

She may have all the songs she wants already and a tracklist and title but until her label gets the info it's still in her inner circle (which would be harder to access unless the insiders came from the producers' teams).

For example BOZ knew about RCS/BB tracklists cause at some point they were official but he couldn't know what she was actually recording at that time.

Of course the label is aware of the new album and how it sounds and all that but until it's set in stone and officially registered somewhere it's really hard for that data to leak

giphy.gif