Jump to content
Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Recommended Posts

Maybe I'm misremembering things but didn't Jack say during the Chemtrails pre release era that they used up every song they had for that album? If NFR and Chemtrails were indeed recorded almost at the same time, are the [redacted] NFR songs all a lie? :um2:


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Maybe I'm misremembering things but didn't Jack say during the Chemtrails pre release era that they used up every song they had for that album? If NFR and Chemtrails were indeed recorded almost at the same time, are the [redacted] NFR songs all a lie? :um2:

i think they said that in terms of "songs that meant for Chemtrails" only - you know - the softer, more mellow sound of NFR, the "bombastic" side of NFR i believe still do exist.


                                                    Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Dance me all around the moon

Light me up like the Fourth of July

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i think they said that in terms of "songs that meant for Chemtrails" only - you know - the softer, more mellow sound of NFR, the "bombastic" side of NFR i believe still do exist.

Oh it makes sense. So she was basically making a triple album with Jack at that time :gasp:

I hope we get to hear some of that eventually (maybe even sprinkled among some of the more wordy ones on LDR).


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Oh it makes sense. So she was basically making a triple album with Jack at that time :gasp:

I hope we get to hear some of that eventually (maybe even sprinkled among some of the more wordy ones on LDR).

so if they really used up everysong they had in terms of "slower songs" for Chemtrails album then no more piano flops / recycling slow muffled piano beats for LDR9, only the BOMBASTICS

 

we still won we still got it honey.


                                                    Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Dance me all around the moon

Light me up like the Fourth of July

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Brow Bone said:

What I wanna know what happened to that I want u to play w me song

Still wondering about that song weekly. Last year, Jesse got asked about it and he only said that it was for a «specific project. » His new solo album perhaps? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Still wondering about that song weekly. Last year, Jesse got asked about it and he only said that it was for a «specific project. » His new solo album perhaps? 

That’d be great, hope he releases it then. A little side release before the album 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wordy and conversational screams Leonard Cohen to me.
 

I’ll almost always prefer her original work, but imagine we get a cover of Hallelujah or Suzanne:krylie:


“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder where is she channeling her anger to this time. The possibilities are endless:

- Pat (My Momma, WFWF, BBS...)

- The media, fame (too many examples)

- Alt singers :hide: (FMWUTTT, Qftc)

- Ex lovers (In My Feelings, Dealer maybe)

- In a more existential (?) way (G&M, The greatest)

- Pat (again) 

 

I find interesting that one of the few details she gave about the album was "I'm angry" cause I didn't expect her to still be so I'm curious to see if she's doubling down on the same topics of BB or if she's giving us another "type" of anger.

I just hope Jack doesn't get in the way and we get to see the real unedited rambling that comes out of Lana's mouth when she's angry and not the sugar coated version he'd want to put out to not get associated with any "controversy" :wtf3:


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I wonder where is she channeling her anger to this time. The possibilities are endless:

- Pat (My Momma, WFWF, BBS...)

- The media, fame (too many examples)

- Alt singers :hide: (FMWUTTT, Qftc)

- Ex lovers (In My Feelings, Dealer maybe)

- In a more existential (?) way (G&M, The greatest)

- Pat (again) 

 

I find interesting that one of the few details she gave about the album was "I'm angry" cause I didn't expect her to still be so I'm curious to see if she's doubling down on the same topics of BB or if she's giving us another "type" of anger.

I just hope Jack doesn't get in the way and we get to see the real unedited rambling that comes out of Lana's mouth when she's angry and not the sugar coated version he'd want to put out to not get associated with any "controversy" :wtf3:

 

I am lowkey kinda here for Questions For The Culture by Lana Del Rey that has a "fuck everyone and their (my) mom" vibe to it. 


"There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy, and the tired."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I just hope Jack doesn't get in the way and we get to see the real unedited rambling that comes out of Lana's mouth when she's angry and not the sugar coated version he'd want to put out to not get associated with any "controversy" :wtf3:

he dated Lena Dunham so I think we’re in the clear:ma:


“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lanita post an anouncement in June-July challenge


                                                    Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Dance me all around the moon

Light me up like the Fourth of July

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

Lanita post an anouncement in June-July challenge

I really think the W magazine cover and interview was the start of the era. I have a feeling we will get the lead somewhere this summer. Until then… a snippet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really think the W magazine cover and interview was the start of the era. I have a feeling we will get the lead somewhere this summer. Until then… a snippet?

dont forget we have another possible Interview magazine cover in stored.


                                                    Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Dance me all around the moon

Light me up like the Fourth of July

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if the next album is going to be this wordy drew Erickson channeled thing then what will happen to The Bombastic Songs where are they? I got the feeling that once she had finished BB (July??) that she was making some hot music and maybe they got lumped into that project and now she's in the middle of writing this new thing that will come out first? Unless they're all becoming one horny intellectual album which would be cool.. i mean I'm just now remembering that she was working with Jack again and Jack mentioned "tuning 808s"?? It seems like 2 very different things are happening at once???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Still wondering about that song weekly. Last year, Jesse got asked about it and he only said that it was for a «specific project. » His new solo album perhaps? 

I always thought that recording was Lana's cute way of asking him to do a show with her

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, honey dew said:

So if the next album is going to be this wordy drew Erickson channeled thing then what will happen to The Bombastic Songs where are they? I got the feeling that once she had finished BB (July??) that she was making some hot music and maybe they got lumped into that project and now she's in the middle of writing this new thing that will come out first? Unless they're all becoming one horny intellectual album which would be cool.. i mean I'm just now remembering that she was working with Jack again and Jack mentioned "tuning 808s"?? It seems like 2 very different things are happening at once???

Perhaps my earlier prediction will come true after all!

An Album on Friday.

Another Saturday,

Then Sunday.

each are like 12-15 songs,

And she’ll dominate the media/charts for a year!

:godlaugh:


21-F5-BC9-A-00-E6-48-B1-AEE5-BA257288-D3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, honey dew said:

So if the next album is going to be this wordy drew Erickson channeled thing then what will happen to The Bombastic Songs where are they? I got the feeling that once she had finished BB (July??) that she was making some hot music and maybe they got lumped into that project and now she's in the middle of writing this new thing that will come out first? Unless they're all becoming one horny intellectual album which would be cool.. i mean I'm just now remembering that she was working with Jack again and Jack mentioned "tuning 808s"?? It seems like 2 very different things are happening at once???

I think some of them could turn up on LDR9… She said she was angry on this album… I keep in mind that she describes an album on the songs she is making at the moment… but if she is more « direct » this time around, maybe more bop-ish sound / sexy anthems could be thrown in the mix as well. And I also keep in mind that Lana loves to make albums that are « two parts »: orchestral-wordy-automatic writing songs might coexist with the songs Jack described, maybe? 🤷🏼
by the way, Jack called the scrapped Norman songs bombastic… Lana described them, in radio interviews for Norman, as « 90s girl-group or Shangri-La girl group ». Last time she used Shangri-Las, it was for some LFL tracks and we all know how LB feels about the title track 

Spoiler

:gasp:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brow Bone said:

That’d be great, hope he releases it then. A little side release before the album 

I follow Jesse on Insta and he was working on his new solo album at the beginning of the year. But he’s been real quiet for some time now. I wonder where he’s at with his project. As time goes by, I’m always a bit worried when a 3 or 4 year-old collab hasn’t seen the light of day. It might have been for his next solo album, but the direction of the album is very likely to change in the meantime, making it harder and harder to include the damn collab in the mix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Lana sense is tingling... there's something in the air. Lana and Rob in the studio teasing all the time and they suddenly stop... just in time for a magazine cover where she talks about the album :brows:

And yes I personally decided to ignore the fact that Jack is on tour for my own sake :hide:. She was at the studio with him back in April when they recorded that song he talked about but I hope it was just a late addition Lana wanted to make on a whim cause she had the voice memo and was hanging around with him there and not a sign of things not being ready :eek:(I know I'm too greedy but in my defense it's Rob's fault for teasing that much :true:)


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...