Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I kinda wonder where I’ll be when she decides to drop the inevitable album single in September. I pulled over at a queen of the gas station ~because priorities~ and listened to Miss BB in full when she l34k3d. Pretty sure I’ll be at my friend’s wedding when the new song drops and I wouldn’t put it past me to drunkenly leave the dance floor to listen sbsjsbsjf :kris:

not to beat a dead horse, but just in response to the discourse surrounding those that are disappointed / not so happy with the snippet - i think it's important to remember that doesn't mean they're not looking forward to new lana music, or that they hate lana's current direction!

for example, i really LOOOVED blue banisters!! i loved norman too (my second fave album after ultraviolence) and although i wasn't too keen on chemtrails i still like it, and i revisit White Dress, Wild At Heart, DBJAG, Tulsa Jesus Freak quite regularly and the title track occasionally. i have never disliked a lana album and i'll be happy for any new music really, even if it is pretty similar to what she's been putting out recently. and just to reiterate again - loved blue banisters! loved it!

that being said, it's okay that the recent snippet didn't overexcite me - doesn't mean i'm not a fan or that i haven't enjoyed any of her recent music :) and i'm sure that's the case with a lot of the members here that aren't super pumped by the new snippet!

personally i would like a change and for lana to dip her toes into some new waters (or maybe even revisit some old sounds, like the lush and intense production of Paradise or the unique and singular sounds of AKA) on her new record, but hey maybe she will maybe she won't, and that's fine, but it's alright to be a little disappointed that it's not looking likely! still looking forward to new lana music!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

3 hours ago, sad angel forever said:

Imagine Dan Heath Daddy involved with the album :thirst::cumming2::crying4:

I'd do anything for another Lana × Dan Heath × Emile Haynie project.:krylie: SMH I feel like she still hasn't utilized / experimented enough with them as much as she did with Jack & Rick. 

42 minutes ago, Brow Bone said:

rockafella my umbrella la la, la la, like a baby hmm hmm ju1vOyD.gif she sounds like a dramatic movie witch 2PgMCzh.gif

Yesss definitely. She sounds like a sea witch/mermaid luring men to their death :thirst: 

I can already picture the MV we're not getting :thumb2:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

My routine during pre-release

Months before release aka silence- anticipation, theories, silent craziness on every single detail

First single- cool but I want album NOW

Preorder dropped- unpatiency, craziness, don't know what to do

Few days before release- strange "anxiety" "fear" but feel excited and many different emotions at the same time 

Day before- don't have feeling I'm waiting for album like I wouldn't even care it's out but at the evening I'm starting feeling that

Release- feels nothing, emptiness and like nothing else I click really fast "PLAY THE ALBUM" and going crazy in first song

Post your anticipation routine guys :kiss2:

When I was younger (2012-17): heart attacks every day

This time around probably: 

Months before release aka silence- curiosity about what she‘s up 

First snippet- curiosity and theories

First single- either excitement or fear the entire album‘s gonna sound like that

Preorder dropped- pre-ordered and anticipation 

Few days before release- anticipation rises

Day before- anticipation veeerry high

Release- orgasm and tears or frustration and tears 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

2 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I kinda wonder where I’ll be when she decides to drop the inevitable album single in September. I pulled over at a queen of the gas station ~because priorities~ and listened to Miss BB in full when she l34k3d. Pretty sure I’ll be at my friend’s wedding when the new song drops and I wouldn’t put it past me to drunkenly leave the dance floor to listen sbsjsbsjf :kris:

Why leave? Just tell whoever‘s responsible for the music to play LDR9/10 the new song for everyone on the dancefloor :lolliney: 

20230718-113117.gif

I’m curious as to what she has been reading recently, her current literary influences and how/if it affects her lyrical process. Automatic writing sounds as if it would draw from the well of the words you’re being exposed to at the moment. Would love if she were more vocal about this tbh, just a thought I had :flutter:

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

LMAO honestly points were made sis, for that you can be my +1  :gclap:

Oh btw you need to tell us the wedding date so we know for sure when the first single is gonna drop!

2 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

The snippet is so beautiful. 

I dont think it's the final version,..waiting for Jon's touch.  This is gonna be a jazz serve yasssss.

Her voice is so full and not thin like WD.

I was listening to Buddy‘s Rendezvous on repeat this morning and Jazz (or Rock) is really all I need atm. 

20230718-113117.gif

20 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

The Good Life

Dealer

Buddy’s Rendezvous

White Dress

Summertime

energy is in the air recently :dua:

The Good Life is so underrated :krylie:

20230718-113117.gif

I don't think the album is really coming that soon (I know about her digital only comment and I hope it's true but I don't see it happening sadly) but as long as she give us some content throughout and not silence I wouldn't mind a longer rollout from lead single to album (not more than 5-6 months of course).

I do think we're getting something in September tho and even if the album is coming sometime early next year with a couple of singles and MVs (AND an album trailer) I'd be satisfied enough for the wait :true:.

I'd also really love if she slowly unveiled the tracklist through her insta (imagine each day a different selfie with a song name :hype:) but we're probably getting that by messing up with her website code instead :hide:

giphy.gif

I'm still not over the dream that i had about Lana releasing LDR9/X & i finally bought the digital album on her webstore, just to found out that inside of the download zip file there was ANOTHER zip file that contains a 25-unreleased-track compilation album that goes with it - basically a shocking double release & I remember she was trending everywhere for this move. Dare i say - Beyoncé when she dropped her selftitled album kind-of-publicity-level. 

Please Lana, make that happen. WE WILL BE STREAMING.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing