Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

No one's being fragile, we all made it very clear our opinions and where we stand about Jack Antonoff, so why do we have to talk about the same thing every single day? Both sides want to change each other's minds so badly, but it's not going to happen! If you want to stay on the merry-go-round of insanity, that sounds like a you problem

Someone else's opinion on a song, snippet, album, video, producer shouldn't be that impactful on your life yet here you are. Love you, but you are indeed bothered by someone else's opinion on an artist or whatever as you, and other members of this community, feel the need to be like "okay we have heard this before NEXT! :excited:".

To quote my bestie the other day: "echo chamber this a$$". 

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Someone's opinion on a song, snippet, album, video, producer shouldn't be that impactful on your life yet here you are. Love you, but you are indeed impacted by someone else's opinion on an artist or whatever as you, and other members of this community, feel the need to be like "okay we have heard this before NEXT! :excited:".

Fair enough, I can admit to that, but I've been working on not letting other people's opinions impact me so much and I genuinely am tired of this particular discourse from both sides lol I promise it's not coming from that place - and ily2

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

It's so interesting to me that Jack has such range & talent when it comes to Taylor Swift, but whatever he makes with Lana always sounds the same

Right. Like he produced songs on 1989, Reputation, and Folklore. All very different. Also as much as I disliked Solar Power, at least they tried something completely from Melodrama. 

3 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Fair enough, I can admit to that, but I've been working on not letting other people's opinions impact me so much and I genuinely am tired of this particular discourse from both sides lol I promise it's not coming from that place - and ily2

My point is, it's a discussion board/forum, there are times where we come together and (almost) unanimously love something and other times where people are going to share hot takes, unpopular opinions or repeat the same so called negative arguments over and over again—it's literally the point of a discussion board, to have discussions however annoying and repetitive they might be to some.

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

My point is, it's a discussion board/forum, there are times where we come together and (almost) unanimously love something and other times where people are going to share hot takes, unpopular opinions or repeat the same so called negative arguments over and over again—it's literally the point of a discussion board, to have discussions however annoying and repetitive they might be to some.

I see your point and I get it. On the flip side, since it is a discussion board, I feel like I have the right to call repetitive discussions annoying, it's not a personal attack on anyone. Just like someone expressing their opinion isn't a personal attack to me either

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

9 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

It's so interesting to me that Jack has such range & talent when it comes to Taylor Swift, but whatever he makes with Lana always sounds the same

I agree with the range and talent aspects of this comment but personally I don’t think the outputs sound the same. For me Chemtrails the song has such a dynamism to it although - compared to work he’s done with Taylor - I could see how the song sounds more subdued. If anything your comment reinforces the idea that even as a producer he doesn’t explicitly control the vision and sound of a record, and that maybe the way NFR/Chemtrails sounds is exactly what Lana wanted all along :teehee:

3 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I see your point and I get it. On the flip side, since it is a discussion board, I feel like I have the right to call repetitive discussions annoying, it's not a personal attack on anyone. Just like someone expressing their opinion isn't a personal attack to me either

Still though, I think people can say whatever they want as long as it's not a direct/personal attack to an other user on here. Like who cares if someone doesn't like Jack, or Rick, or Dan, or Zach,  or Dean or Emile, etc. At the end of the day, none of this matters.

Just now, West Coast said:

still though, I think people can say whatever they want as long as it's not a direct/personal attack to an other user on here. Like who cares if someone doesn't like Jack, or Rick, or Dan, or Zach,  or Dean or Emile, etc.

Valid, agree with that!

18 minutes ago, sadhotforever said:

That surprises me, because Taylor Swift's music almost always sounds the same to me (with a few exceptions).

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Still though, I think people can say whatever they want as long as it's not a direct/personal attack to an other user on here. Like who cares if someone doesn't like Jack, or Rick, or Dan, or Zach,  or Dean or Emile, etc. At the end of the day, none of this matters.

I agree though I will add that people should be mindful of this when criticizing Jack, or Lana, or anyone else, whether they're on this board or not. Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but there have been many times that I really cringe at how rude and unkind some people can be when expressing their dislike for something. I know it's a fun and crazy message board but these are still real people and real work that we're discussing publicly so there's no need to be cruel about it.

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

I agree though I will add that people should be mindful of this when criticizing Jack, or Lana, or anyone else, whether they're on this board or not. Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but there have been many times that I really cringe at how rude and unkind some people can be when expressing their dislike for something. I know it's a fun and crazy message board but these are still real people and real work that we're discussing publicly so there's no need to be cruel about it.

I agree with this, but I will say that when someone puts their artistic output in the open, they are going to receive criticism for it, positive or negative. Just like Lana got the most cruel & vile critiques when she first started; it wasn't right or nice to read and it was definitely a reach... but it is what it is.

Although I will say, I doubt my comments about Jack are bothering him in any capacity. :oic:

I maybe wrong but in the picture Jack posted Lana has highlights in the lower part of her hair which is similar to the sexy af selfie Lana posted a year ago. 

in the last few posts on Honeymoon she doesn’t seem to have highlights in her hair.

Maybe Jack posted a throwback picture since album release might be coming soon. 

I don’t know how to add pictures in Lanaboards otherwise I could’ve explained better 

3 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

I maybe wrong but in the picture Jack posted Lana has highlights in the lower part of her hair which is similar to the sexy af selfie Lana posted a year ago. 

in the last few posts on Honeymoon she doesn’t seem to have highlights in her hair.

Maybe Jack posted a throwback picture since album release might be coming soon. 

I don’t know how to add pictures in Lanaboards otherwise I could’ve explained better 

That makes lot of sense 

58 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Maybe because the so called ballads on Blue Banisters were actually done right and had they come to out before NFR/Chemtrails we wouldn't even be having that conversation right now? Jack alienated the fans with his shitty piano shtick and terrible mixing skills. 

see discussions like this are so interesting 

cuz to me, the ballads on BB (that were actually made for BB) are some of the blandest of her career 😭

like if jack knows how to do one thing, it’s a melody 

the girls are fighting, must mean LDR9/10 is really coming on the first :popcorn:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole