Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

honestly, when i first heard jack was working with her for NFR, i was not expecting what came of it. only because the last jack project is listened to before NFR was melodrama. i’m wondering if lana had a lot to do with his current sound and why other artists have been wanting to work with him post NFR, they all seem to want that similar sound that he did for that album, so i think a lot of his production style recently is heavily influenced by lana more so jack.

so needless to say, whatever sound she wants for this album, jacks gonna work with HER to capture that sound.

just my 2 cents xx

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

1 hour ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

buddy's is a serve but it makes no sense bestie it's not her song and it's already been released 

I mean, if she considered re-releasing I Can Flop Fly... :eartha2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

5 minutes ago, mrborntolose said:

honestly, when i first heard jack was working with her for NFR, i was not expecting what came of it. only because the last jack project is listened to before NFR was melodrama. i’m wondering if lana had a lot to do with his current sound and why other artists have been wanting to work with him post NFR, they all seem to want that similar sound that he did for that album, so i think a lot of his production style recently is heavily influenced by lana more so jack.

so needless to say, whatever sound she wants for this album, jacks gonna work with HER to capture that sound.

just my 2 cents xx

exactly, it was after nfr that this kind of sound started blowing up and it's not jack's fault if everyone wants some mariners apartment complex moment in their career. lana truly is an amazing producer, and you can tell she's the one in command whatever may be the producer she's working with.

27 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I mean, if she considered re-releasing I Can Flop Fly... :eartha2:

I get it but at least it was her song :icant: if we're getting an unreleased I hope it's one we never heard before

like dragon slayer :true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

3 hours ago, cinnamongirI said:

omg you guys are acting like jack is the spawn of satan. he’s a really great producer, and I don’t blame lana for working with him again. The music industry is a very disturbing place, especially for women. Some producers can seem totally respectful, but in reality, they’re creeps. If she wants to keep working with him, good. 

this is my personal opinion but tbh, I’m glad lana is using more piano, pedal steel guitar, and more instruments that aren’t made using a computer. I loved born to die, but her albums that aren’t so pop-ish like blue banisters, chemtrails, and uv had a larger impact on me than btd.

Agree, if she's feeling safe and having fun that's great but the problem with Jack is he seems to be a yes-man. Dan Auerbach said he often had discussions with Lana about the production and we got a masterpiece out of that. Even if I'm wrong about Jack - if Lana keeps working with the same person it's gonna get repetitive.

Anyway, the good news is, there are other producers involved and maybe they have some fresh input. She also got out of LA while recording the album so I think there's many different influences now.

It seemed like Lana was in her LA bubble for a bit too long hanging out and recording with the same people, and that's why some fans felt like things were getting repetitive.

I don't expect this to be a "typical" Lana x Jack record. Hopefully I'm right. 

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

39 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

exactly, it was after nfr that this kind of sound started blowing up and it's not jack's fault if everyone wants some mariners apartment complex moment in their career. lana truly is an amazing producer, and you can tell she's the one in command whatever may be the producer she's working with.

not to mention we haven’t heard any jack x lana since chemtrails (which was meant to be a sister album to NFR so of course production would be similar) so who knows what they’ve got going on this time around, all we can do is just wait and see. :oop:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

41 minutes ago, imenos said:

daily reminder that jack antonoff produced songs like 

out of the woods, getaway car, look what you made me do, green light and all of melodrama

almost all upbeat massive songs production wise

Bout time he did it again then, someone show him what a guitar looks like please

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Stop slandering Jack. It's not his fault COCC is really stripped down and minimalistic. I think he wanted go into more trippy dreamy sultry witchy retro fairytalish folky dawn joyride but Lana wanted going into different folk direction. 

It's my album concept and imo it's what Jack has in thought. (I love released COCC tho)

1.Let Me Love You Like A Woman 

2.Chemtrails Over The Country Club (MV version)

3.Tulsa Jesus Freak 

4.Dark But Just A Game 

5.Dealer

6.Wild One

7.Say Yes To Heaven (alleged TLSP/COCC version)

8.Pawn Shop Blues/Yosemite (both of them fits)

9.Not All Who Wander Are Lost 

10.Wild At Heart

11.Dance Till We Die 

12.Cherry Blossom

Just now, palemoonbaby said:

Stop slandering Jack. It's not his fault COCC is really stripped down and minimalistic. I think he wanted go into more trippy dreamy sultry witchy retro fairytalish folky dawn joyride but Lana wanted going into different folk direction. 

It's my album concept and imo it's what Jack has in thought.

1.Let Me Love You Like A Woman 

2.Chemtrails Over The Country Club (MV version)

3.Tulsa Jesus Freak 

4.Dark But Just A Game 

5.Dealer

6.Wild One

7.Say Yes To Heaven (alleged TLSP/COCC version)

8.Pawn Shop Blues/Yosemite (both of them fits)

9.Not All Who Wander Are Lost 

10.Wild At Heart

11.Dance Till We Die 

12.Cherry Blossom

this MOUTHFUL :hide:

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

people here don’t like him because they feel like his production is lacking & around the time she started working with him, she started utilizing a more stripped-back, mellow sound

well jack did say in one interview that when they were working on norman they had the norman songs and some quieter ones that would eventually end up on cocc. but he also said they had bombastic songs we are yet to listen to. maybe ldr9 will have them  

i think Lana has a lot more control in the studio, even or especially with Jack, than people wanna give her credit for.  beginning with NFR and increasing through BB, her songs have included more of a wildness, even a messiness, that's more folky, more raw, than her very much polished early work.  critics derided BTD for being over-produced.  yet with her recent albums, she discusses in her lyrics and interviews her drive towards wildness and freedom, and i think you can really hear it in the music.  when the last three albums first came out, i loved them, but i was a little critical of the difference between them and her prior work.  now, i feel like it's sunk in more, like i finally get it.  she just produces beautiful art naturally, and she's become more real and more intimate/personal in her music and lyrics.  the more time passes since Blue Banisters, the more I appreciate the direction she's been moving in.  it feels so natural, and like she wants to be more natural.  she wants her music to be honest, natural, real, raw, even or especially if that's "messy" or wild.  she expresses being wild a lot.  she talks about wanting to get away from the city, from LA or NY, and explores more small town USA feels, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, more middle America type stuff, going to the mall, doing mundane tasks like washing hair or laundry.  i think it's totally Lana's choice and her own direction taking her to the sound she has now, and tbh I love it.

Spoiler

and that being said, i think a country vibe is the perfect next step and i really want her country album, sorry ladies :(

4 minutes ago, EARTHA CLIT said:

i think Lana has a lot more control in the studio, even or especially with Jack, than people wanna give her credit for.  beginning with NFR and increasing through BB, her songs have included more of a wildness, even a messiness, that's more folky, more raw, than her very much polished early work.  critics derided BTD for being over-produced.  yet with her recent albums, she discusses in her lyrics and interviews her drive towards wildness and freedom, and i think you can really hear it in the music.  when the last three albums first came out, i loved them, but i was a little critical of the difference between them and her prior work.  now, i feel like it's sunk in more, like i finally get it.  she just produces beautiful art naturally, and she's become more real and more intimate/personal in her music and lyrics.  the more time passes since Blue Banisters, the more I appreciate the direction she's been moving in.  it feels so natural, and like she wants to be more natural.  she wants her music to be honest, natural, real, raw, even or especially if that's "messy" or wild.  she expresses being wild a lot.  she talks about wanting to get away from the city, from LA or NY, and explores more small town USA feels, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, more middle America type stuff, going to the mall, doing mundane tasks like washing hair or laundry.  i think it's totally Lana's choice and her own direction taking her to the sound she has now, and tbh I love it.

Reveal hidden contents

and that being said, i think a country vibe is the perfect next step and i really want her country album, sorry ladies :(

I'm fully for this post, up until I saw the words 'country album' :hellno:

Im waiting for Rick Nowels to post a pic of Lana in his studio :lolliney:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

I like it but it looks like an old picture heavily edited with a drawing-like filter and then printed :hide:

But I also thought the BB sleve leak was fake and it ended up being legit so who knows

Edit: I thought it was suspicious that the logo was exactly the same as the one from her jacket (so props to them) but with a quick google search I found that someone already made it as an image and it looks like the bottom part is edited to change the letters from DNC to LDR so it's probably fake

There’s transparents online of the logo that say LDR and DNC, thats how I made the little fake cover I posted here earlier

we’re only the 25th of august so I’m guessing the new single must be coming first half of september since they’ve all been teasing shit on socials….. rob (as always), anna, ben, neil, lana, jack Now….. they’re all sharing the word! are you hoes ready? :pussypower: