Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

10 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I’d like to think BOZ is talking about Lana….it must be good if he’s this blown away by it. It’s also possible Lana is releasing a single soon and album in December to capitalise on the Taylor song…as Taylor fans will be checking Lana out more.    

BoZ is sure good at one thing and it’s to get people all riled up thinking he is posting about their fave. He knows how to play a good teasing game. Could it be about Lana? Maybe, maybe not. Guess I’m just tired of getting excited for nothing :pft: 

9 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

wait album coming in february but you think she's gonna make it a short pre-release? what's your definition of "short" bc that's like 4 months out :really:

I meant more like short as in straight to the point and concise. If she releases something in November and announces the album alongside it (for February for example) it would be one of the shortest pre releases (specially considering we don't even have a title...) kinda like HM rollout being only from July to September.

The holiday season being there also slows things down since nobody releases anything those ~2 weeks (unless is Christmas music of course :thumb2:).

But yeah, I'd say a 3-4 month official and with real dates rollout is short for Lana

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

BoZ is sure good at one thing and it’s to get people all riled up thinking he is posting about their fave. He knows how to play a good teasing game. Could it be about Lana? Maybe, maybe not. Guess I’m just tired of getting excited for nothing :pft: 

not getting all hyped up over a strangers comment on the internet sounds like a healthy mindset to me 

16 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I meant more like short as in straight to the point and concise. If she releases something in November and announces the album alongside it (for February for example) it would be one of the shortest pre releases (specially considering we don't even have a title...) kinda like HM rollout being only from July to September.

The holiday season being there also slows things down since nobody releases anything those ~2 weeks (unless is Christmas music of course :thumb2:).

But yeah, I'd say a 3-4 month official and with real dates rollout is short for Lana

That’s exactly what I wish for. Which is possible if the album is currently being sent to production for vinyls. So, if she releases the lead while the album is done, a 3-4 month prerelease is possible (and it’s the actual trend). Which means that if it’s what she wants, she can’t do what she’s done for the last four-five albums: release a lead single while still finishing / writing the rest. 

If the album takes a few months like BoZ said, I think the timing of the lead single will depend on how SOTB does in the charts or if it's even a (lead) single from Midnights. They will wait until the interest dies down, because doesn't make sense to release the lead single so early when another song is doing well.

1 hour ago, archiemm said:

lead + cover + tour + preorder

FRIDAY :pray2:

can we delay the tour announcement till like january 2023? my bank account is crying and needs to heal for a few months. :creep3:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

32 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

If the album takes a few months like BoZ said, I think the timing of the lead single will depend on how SOTB does in the charts or if it's even a (lead) single from Midnights. They will wait until the interest dies down, because doesn't make sense to release the lead single so early when another song is doing well.

i second that

maybe the label really told her they were done with the fake dates this time around… it wasn’t the most professional thing to do to delay four albums in a row, so maybe they’re the ones who’re responsible for the change. or maybe the length of the pre-release stems from the project in itself

it’s also that she went totally silent after blue banisters was released, whereas we got a lot of interviews after nfr, she toured, and chemtrails was literally immediately followed by new announcements

15 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

maybe the label really told her they were done with the fake dates this time around… it wasn’t the most professional thing to do to delay four albums in a row, so maybe they’re the ones who’re responsible for the change. or maybe the length of the pre-release stems from the project in itself

it’s also that she went totally silent after blue banisters was released, whereas we got a lot of interviews after nfr, she toured, and chemtrails was literally immediately followed by new announcements

I'm really intrigued... even if she's holding back on throwing fake dates around it's weird that she hasn't revealed the title yet. She really wants to announce it all at once it seems :creepna:

The sensory overload when we get the lead single title with the album title and cover (+ possible tracklist) :thirst:

giphy.gif

it's strange to see her so silent compared to how she was in previous eras. she's either not as excited this time around OR she's really excited and wants to reveal everything all at once like a proper album release from another artist (or like above said her label is sick of fake dates)

as she put it best: 

Spoiler

'in this town an artist really needs a lot of space when they're trying to create something special. A place to cultivate a world of their own, far away from the real world that's around them... "What shall I cook up for the kids today? Something with a little spice? Something with a little bitterness but is ultimately sweet? Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire, and just take a moment to send my love to them over the ether?"'

:wub:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Who else is Jack producing for? Lorde? 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

not getting all hyped up over a strangers comment on the internet sounds like a healthy mindset to me 

He’s been factual about many things, he’s just vague

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

19 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm really intrigued... even if she's holding back on throwing fake dates around it's weird that she hasn't revealed the title yet. She really wants to announce it all at once it seems :creepna:

The sensory overload when we get the lead single title with the album title and cover (+ possible tracklist) :thirst:

maybe she’s not done with the album at all… she seems to have continued writing and recording throughout the past year, but we don’t know for sure, and maybe she changed directions several times. actually there has been a two-year-long wait between paradise and ultraviolence, honeymoon and lust for life, lust for life and norman fucking rockwell, norman fucking rockwell and chemtrails, so i wouldn’t be surprised if she just weren’t finished with it at all :true:

although i agree it would make sense and be very nice if she announced something now :trisha: but personally i’ve found it very pleasant and peaceful not to have any fake dates or snippets from her the past year, it adds a lot of mystery to her new project and it’s been restful

curious to hear this album bc she shared the LFL album trailer on her insta this year and has talked about HM quite a few times (singing GKIT, interviews, etc.).. the fact that she's been showing both records love in 2022- i'm kinda hoping she does something in essence of those two albums. haunting, slightly witchy, jazzy, bad/sad bitch lyricism.. i need all of it. 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

What did BoZ say?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.